New Glock, G45

Whenever MA gets it's head out of it's ass, I'll be dumping my G17 and G19 and picking up two of these... because some creatures are more equal than others. The plus side is that 2 more Glock Gen 4s will be free in the state. I'm going to keep one g45 setup with irons and minimal work. The other I will mill out and go full Gucci with an RMR. This will satisfy all of my shooting needs.

BTW, what's with the models skipping a number? Is there a secret Glock 44 to be released soon?

Whenever MA gets it's head out of it's ass, I'll be dumping my G17 and G19 and picking up two of these... because some creatures are more equal than others. The plus side is that 2 more Glock Gen 4s will be free in the state. I'm going to keep one g45 setup with irons and minimal work. The other I will mill out and go full Gucci with an RMR. This will satisfy all of my shooting needs.

You know what, I might ackchually pick up a G45 myself, add a set of Dawson's and leave it alone. I loved the way my 19x shot before I got on that Gucci game with it, this would solve my buyers remorse in going full retard with it, whilst still keeping my Gucci game strong.

My understanding is it’s Glock’s 45th patent so hence the G45.

That's at least why the G17 was titled so in the 80s. Gaston Glock had 16 prior patents from manufacturing things like curtain rods. Doubting they've had only one patent per model since then (or that each new model requires its own patent) but still leaves me wondering where 44 went.

BTW, what's with the models skipping a number? Is there a secret Glock 44 to be released soon?
I thought it was the rotating barrel, but apparently that's the 46. I'm guessing the 44 could have been reserved for the MHS submission or was another goverments private solicitation.

I thought it was the rotating barrel, but apparently that's the 46. I'm guessing the 44 could have been reserved for the MHS submission or was another goverments private solicitation.
Or...the highly coveted .44 magnum Glock.

Crossing my fingers and toes over here.

I'm curious - what is it that is drawing you to this gun??? Why this versus a 19 OR a 17? I'm genuinely interested because I can't personally see the value of a 19-length bbl and a 17-sized grip. At that point, I'd be looking for a Gen1 or Gen2 G17.

So'z I'm interested to discover what is driving desire for this gun.

Tanks!

I'm curious - what is it that is drawing you to this gun??? Why this versus a 19 OR a 17? I'm genuinely interested because I can't personally see the value of a 19-length bbl and a 17-sized grip. At that point, I'd be looking for a Gen1 or Gen2 G17.

Tanks!

I am not him, but I have all 3 guns you specified (19x not a G45), and for some reason the 19 slide on the 17 frame just works. I shat all over it like everyone else, made fun of everyone for having/wanting one, then I shot it and a few days later was at my LGS buying one and shooting the piss out of it in a class the next weekend. I shoot it better then all of my other 9mm Glocks.

Is it some wonder pistol that does something the 19 or 17 doesn't do? Not really, they all shoot 9mm bullets pretty well. Do you need one? Probably not. I felt that I did, and I would like a G45 to go along with my 19x because I like this design that much. I will be selling off a few pistols and other gun stuff to offset it.

What I would really like would be a G45 top end, I wish Glock sold complete slides, but I will have to settle with an other pistol.

As always the internet delivers

42705734_2342456489102303_107894594997321728_n.jpg

Tanks!

Well... I'm not one to just run out and buy every silly Glock flavor that they pump out. I like the idea of a full grip with less slide mass to reciprocate. I have no idea about the science behind that.. so there's that. I run a 17 really well. I love the grip. I don't like carrying the 17 appendix because of the extra length, and the holsters I use would mitigate any grip length issues. I don't really care about the trigger, as I run OC customs triggers, but I'm intrigued by the barrel upgrade, and I like the look of the gun. I just want a pair of guns that I can run for the next 5 years, and the G45 looks like they will fit that bill. I'll mill one out and do the RMR thing right with an x300 for training and whatnot, and I'll set one up clean and get quality framework (stippling and undercut) for carry. I'm pretty basic. When I say that's a 5 year gun for me, I mean it. I'll keep my 26 and 43 to carry when I want to be lower profile.

More choice is always good, but you get the vibe Glock is running out of ideas, kind of like Apple.
The great thing about Glock is that they don't do total redesigns. They make incremental iterative changes and simply add multiple variants of the same design changing size and caliber. And thank God: if it aint broke, dont fix it.
I think Sig is more like Apple these days, they are very innovative, but I also get the sense are also throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. They are also taking new designs and kicking them out on the street before they have a chance to work out the kinks and letting the public do the beta testing.
I can't wait to get my hands on the full suite of Gen 5 9mm's to see how they stack up. The G45 (g19x) seems like an odd duck, but in the past 4-5 month's I have been shooting my G34 probably more than any other pistol and when I go back to the G19 the grip feels a little awkward on the draw. The G45 could solve fit the bill perfectly, especially if you are going full Roland and putting a comp and a dot on it.

Had my chance to pick up one yesterday for 570 I just wasn’t a fan and I’ll stick to my Gen 4

only thing I like is it seems to throw brass better than all my other blocks

Just bought 2 of them. I got a chance to handle one at LGS, and I'm really impressed. Looking forward to seeing if the barrel is all it's cracked up to be at distance. The stock trigger is definitely nicer, but kind of mushy... almost like a stock trigger with an aftermarket connector. I'll most likely put an OC Custom trigger in it with adjustable pre-travel.

I assume that Dawson Gen 5 sights will be fine on it? I haven't had a chance to call them yet.

Also... Does anyone know a good polymer framework guy in Ma? I really don't feel like paying to ship a frame out of state, and I'm not going to drunk stipple this for once.

I assume that Dawson Gen 5 sights will be fine on it? I haven't had a chance to call them yet.

Call them and explain the application. When I did my 19x I called them for tall sights for the rmr, and they told me some science-y shit about how the barrel and the lock up is different on the Gen 5 guns, and that changes the POI and it requires a different sight combo.

I was at the bar drinking by myself when I called them, so my memory of the conversation isnt exactly the best, but I'd call anyways.

I love gun owners.

- Glock makes a pretty basic, no finger-grippy frame. Gun community b-words. Glock makes finger grooves.
- People complain that Glock isn't grippy enough. Glock makes pistol EXTRA grippy. People whine. Glock discontinues extra-grippy.
- Every other plastic-gun company makes interchangeable backstraps. "Glock - Y U No Make Backstraps?" Glock makes backstraps.
- Suddenly, the US Army wants a smooth grip. Gun owners whine, "Glock! Y U No make smoothy grippy???"

Imagine if they spent the last 20 years working on the trigger instead of all this bullspit.

Of course, in the same timespan, there have been ZERO significant changes to the grip of a 1911. No one has complained once. "Oooh, we need more finger grooves, and grippiness, and adjustable backstraps and. . . " Nothing. Now, granted the 1911 can be customized because it isn't a plastic frame. You can get fatter or grippier grip-panels. And you can change the backstrap a bit, but most 1911 buyers use their guns STOCK.

Finally, G40 isn't a 40 (but almost LOL). G45 isn't a 45. What's a DEA agent to do???

Damn you. Now I want a finger groove 1911. Don't you just hate it when a poster makes sense!

Call them and explain the application. When I did my 19x I called them for tall sights for the rmr, and they told me some science-y shit about how the barrel and the lock up is different on the Gen 5 guns, and that changes the POI and it requires a different sight combo.

I was at the bar drinking by myself when I called them, so my memory of the conversation isnt exactly the best, but I'd call anyways.

They have Gen 5 sets, but I want tighter rear notch to front sight ratio... so I'll definitely have to call them.

Back
Top Bottom