• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Glocks for sale in MA????

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindndead

NES Member
I know I have not done any Glock homework in a wile but this guy here at work is saying you can now go into any gun dealer in MA and grab a brand new gen 4. Did something change? He is telling me they are on the roster for MA approved firearms.
Why am I not buying any of this?

I know I have not done any Glock homework in a wile but this guy here at work is saying you can now go into any gun dealer in MA and grab a brand new gen 4. Did something change? He is telling me they are on the roster for MA approved firearms.

I have seen it with my own eyes, and I took advantage.

It's true, you just need to know the secret handshake..

I have been out of the picture for sometime but this would be big news. Is he at least right about the glocks being on the approved list before I break the news to him? if they are listed why?

They are not on the approved roster. It seems that not every FFL understands this though. [wink]

ETA: correcting myself they are on the roster, but not submitted for AG garbage. [thinking]

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/approvedfirearmsroster02-2014.pdf
Also incorrect, they have submitted and been approved on the roster having met all the objective standards imposed by that roster and associated testing.

The AG has asserted non-statutory authority to veto that approval on an undocumented basis. Buyers and dealers alike must rely on manufacturers and/or distributors to provide legal advice as to what can be sold.

As of now Glock is among those guns which have been vetoed according to Glock and distributors. A dealer actually has no means beyond that available to consumers to determine which guns on the EOPS list are actually available.

Maybe you could get one if you knew the Secret handshake and an agreement not to speak of it on a public forum.

They've been on the roster for a long time, but the AG's office says that selling them is an "unfair or deceptive practice." Some dealers give more shits than others about the AG.

Closing this because it's all covered in mind-numbing detail here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/37553-MA-Handgun-Compliance-Q-A-Thread-(new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom