New Gun Control Tech, Courtesy of 007

I just went and saw Taken 2 with my daughter, you know, so she'll know what to do if I am ever kidnapped in Istanbul. One of the previews was for the new Bond film. As the twenty-something 'Q' is giving him his new Walther, he says 'This is keyed to your palmprint, so nobody else can shoot it'.

I know that this has already been proposed by Martha and company, but now they will think it is a real thing.

Oh, and Taken 2 was not as good as the first one. Though the use of hand grenades in an urban environment for direction finding was pretty cool.

I may have to actually got to a theater for this one. Daniel Craig is hands down the best Bond of the series. Connery was the classic introduction to the brand, Roger Moore was the campy 70s, and those other two (ok three if you count Lazer-what's-his-name). Bot Craig brings grit to the role.

I just went and saw Taken 2 with my daughter, you know, so she'll know what to do if I am ever kidnapped in Istanbul. One of the previews was for the new Bond film. As the twenty-something 'Q' is giving him his new Walther, he says 'This is keyed to your palmprint, so nobody else can shoot it'.

I know that this has already been proposed by Martha and company, but now they will think it is a real thing.

Oh, and Taken 2 was not as good as the first one. Though the use of hand grenades in an urban environment for direction finding was pretty cool.

They already had this in a bond movie back with timothy dalton in license to kill..

I've always liked the idea of some biometric authentication, but the reality is that guns just need to work and they need to be simple. If they are too complicated, bad stuff can happen when you absolutely need it to work.

Like your life depended on it functioning in that very moment.

Otherwise, I'm all for it. Until it has a 100% function rate, it should stay out of market.

Anything that can potentially make guns more expensive and difficult to use is in the interest of the Antis.

The more complicated, silly and difficult to implement, the better - powder tagging; test-fired bullets on file with the PD; microstamping.... This crap plays well to the Audiencce of Antis, and is a political win. If it should pass, it's a double-win.

I may have to actually got to a theater for this one. Daniel Craig is hands down the best Bond of the series. Connery was the classic introduction to the brand, Roger Moore was the campy 70s, and those other two (ok three if you count Lazer-what's-his-name). Bot Craig brings grit to the role.

I agree, but that whole "let's do a gay scene" thing still haunts me.

Back
Top Bottom