• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New gun owner looking for club in Northeastern Mass

Hello NES, I'm a new gun owner looking to get into marksmanship and possibly building a social life at a local club. I am the first person in my family to ever have had a permit (coming from asian heritage). So, all this is very new to me but I've been doing my homework. So, I figured I should start on NES. If you would like to know more about me shoot me a PM, I would be glad to answer any questions you have about me. Advice would be great too!

You'd be very welcome at Maynard Rod and Gun, as long as you safely handle firearms and are friendly, which it sounds like you are!

I live in Lowell, but i have probalem commuting half an hour.

Does this mean you're looking for a club within a half hour of Lowell?

Here's some places to start:

Reading Revolver
Mass Rifle Assoc. (in Woburn)
Woburn Sportsmen's Assoc. (in Bedford)

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a good drive to get to a great gun club. I was thinking about joining many of the clubs near me except attending a night meeting would be a no good since I work a night shift

First off, welcome, and congratulations on being your family's first gun owner. NES has quite a few members of Asian heritage, so you're in good company. I don't have a club recommendation, but enjoy your first gun, it won't be your last. [smile]

Thank you, I feel proud to be the first gun owner in my family and I definitely plan on getting lots more. I am currently looking into Andover Sportsman's club as I cannot attend monthly meeting because of my work schedule. However, I am still interested in others out there that are friendly to new comers. Especially since I don't know anyone else who is into shooting sports.

Thank you, I feel proud to be the first gun owner in my family and I definitely plan on getting lots more. I am currently looking into Andover Sportsman's club as I cannot attend monthly meeting because of my work schedule. However, I am still interested in others out there that are friendly to new comers. Especially since I don't know anyone else who is into shooting sports.

Spend time here on NES, and you're bound to make a whole lot more friends. We're one big, happy, dysfunctional family here. [laugh] Once you get some experience under your belt, consider taking some of your friends to the range. New shooters are made, not born. If you're ever looking for somewhere to shoot before you join a club, shoot me a PM. I live right up Rt. 3 from you in Manchester, and my clubs 20 minutes away.

Will do, I'm now a part of this dysfunctional family lol. I never have a problem of driving up to Manchester, I do it quite often.

Will do, I'm now a part of this dysfunctional family lol. I never have a problem of driving up to Manchester, I do it quite often.
You'll be a part of this dysfunctional family when you go green. I live down by the Cape but I second the recommendation of Mass Rifle and Woburn Sportsmen Association.

Hello NES, I'm a new gun owner looking to get into marksmanship and possibly building a social life at a local club. I am the first person in my family to ever have had a permit (coming from asian heritage). So, all this is very new to me but I've been doing my homework. So, I figured I should start on NES. If you would like to know more about me shoot me a PM, I would be glad to answer any questions you have about me. Advice would be great too!

If You're into action shooting, you should look into Harvard. Wish I lived closer to them. Probably 20 min from Lowell. Woburn is also only 15-20 min for you, and maybe some nice clubs in New Hampshire.

i didn't realize that it was that far. i work in North Andover so I figured its Andover Sportsmans club wasn't that far from Lowell. Its usually 28 minutes average for me to reach Haverill/North Andover line. I wouldn't mind commuting to the club before work often. But I definitely want to take a tour this Sunday.

I'm not from up that way but I heard Danvers Gun Club is great and has a ton of different gun sports.

If you like trap it's great. If you like only using the range when a range officer is present. Like only loading 5 rounds in a handgun. Don't even think about firing an AR/AK varient, or a bump-fire stock. Then this is the club for you.

i didn't realize that it was that far. i work in North Andover so I figured its Andover Sportsmans club wasn't that far from Lowell. Its usually 28 minutes average for me to reach Haverill/North Andover line. I wouldn't mind commuting to the club before work often. But I definitely want to take a tour this Sunday.

Its right on the North Andover/Middleton line. Easy to get to off 125.

I'll be coming off a double shift at 8a and would probably have passed out on my couch by 9, so this morning wouldn't work. Ideally, we could meet Tuesday sometime, but whichever works better for you between Sunday/Tuesday is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you been there? If not ill show you the place this weekend (if you haven't been) good place , stinks when busy but it is what it is

Thanks Mike, I think it's ok cause I'm planning to apply anyway, seen enough NESers speak good of it, and it looks nice from the photos. Only 15 min from home.

I'd stop by but it's tough to get away on weekends - two little kids keep us busy.

- - - Updated - - -

Shouldn't be more than 10 min from N. Andover - you could take shooting lunch breaks. :)

Back
Top Bottom