New Gun Related LSRs (Requests to have a bill drawn up)

I say the underlined while I'm seriously considering a burn barrel for trash once I move north and have to buy fancy bags for the trash. Make things hard or expensive to dispose of and you have less than environmentally friendly solutions.
We don't have the expensive bags here, but we do have segregated recycling at the town transfer station (glass/metal/plastic and then "waste"). When the transfer station shuttered for several weeks in early 2020, a lot of people, myself included, started to burn more.

On the day the transfer station reopened, I dragged several cases of glass bottles, some cans, and one stinking bag of trash out of my truck.

Lady attendant said "That's a lot of bottles and not much else to show for all this time", so I said "well, in my defense, the bottles don't burn".
She replied "Everything burns if you get the fire hot enough".

Think I saw her running the volunteer fireman's pancake breakfast the year before...

Yeah, the reusable bags are nasty, not all of them are even able to be washed easily, and contribute to gray water waste which sucks for people with septic systems just barely hanging on.

I do think exploring ways of reducing our waste stream is useful-even just our little portion, but I don't think any of the 2022 bills are the right way to do that.

I say the underlined while I'm seriously considering a burn barrel for trash once I move north and have to buy fancy bags for the trash. Make things hard or expensive to dispose of and you have less than environmentally friendly solutions.

NEW HAMPSHIRE LAW NOW PROHIBITS BACKYARD TRASH BURNING! On July 16, 2001 a statute (RSA-125N) was signed in to law that prohibits the “residential open burning of combustible domestic waste”. This ban on “backyard trash burning” is effective January 1, 2003.

NEW HAMPSHIRE LAW NOW PROHIBITS BACKYARD TRASH BURNING! On July 16, 2001 a statute (RSA-125N) was signed in to law that prohibits the “residential open burning of combustible domestic waste”. This ban on “backyard trash burning” is effective January 1, 2003.

Yep, but guess what the second or third order effects of making it difficult or expensive to dispose of trash is.

Well it's a good thing I burn trash in my front yard.

So, they should up the game with an algorythm that changes the Subject and Content just enough to appear different while supporting/opposing the overall bill?

I bet I could make some money coding that
Not at all.

They should stop asking everyone in the country to send a form letter (which has a huge typo) to the committee members in New Hampshire.

"Contact your representative" forms should go from constituents to their own representatives. Or in a bill having its first committee hearing, from state residents to the committee members.

Here's now to not do it:

Dear c and Marine Resources,

Gun Owners of America told me that...

That should be, "Dear Committee on Fish & Game and Marine Resources".

At least they prompted people to enter their full names and town/state. NH reps care a lot more about feedback from their own district.

As a reminder, you can also remotely register your support for bills. Get on it.

Click on calendar.

1.jpg

Click the F&G committee.

2.jpg

Note date and time and bill number. Click remote sign in.

3.jpg

Date, drop down for the bill, member of public, myself, I support, then continue through the prompts. It is not anonymous.

4.jpg

End result:
last.jpg

As a reminder, you can also remotely register your support for bills. Get on it.

Click on calendar.

1.jpg

Click the F&G committee.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Date, drop down for the bill, member of public, myself, I support, then continue through the prompts. It is not anonymous.

4.jpg

End result:
last.jpg
That is quite useful.
Thanks.

Click on calendar.

1.jpg

Click the F&G committee.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

End result:
last.jpg
Thanks for the protip!

It's a little late considering the meeting is tomorrow, but somebody on Arf recommended supporting HB1052 as well.

Looks like a good bill allowing semi auto for hunting and only limits the amount of rounds(doesn't require a special limited magazine). I didn't send an email, but i used the above options to say i supported it.

Capture.JPG

There is an amendment to 1091, which we'll discuss during the Friday hearing.

I did an a/b comparison to the original bill, and I don't think I care for the amendment. It makes changes suggested by the department--changes that effectively neuter the bill by adding RAS back in as a catch-all excuse.

The original point of the bill was to remove RAS, and add the higher standard of Probable Cause.

There is an amendment to 1091, which we'll discuss during the Friday hearing.

I did an a/b comparison to the original bill, and I don't think I care for the amendment. It makes changes suggested by the department--changes that effectively neuter the bill by adding RAS back in as a catch-all excuse.

The original point of the bill was to remove RAS, and add the higher standard of Probable Cause.
Is it likely to get added? Or is there potential inside baseball to keep it original?

Committee voted to recommend Intermediate Study on HB1091. At first I wasn't going to support IS, but I followed the lead of prime sponsor Jim Spillane. If the IS hadn't passed, the next motion would have been ITL.

Nothing's final until the House as a whole votes on it. I'll be speaking with others about how to revive it.

I don't normally speak up during committee discussion, but I did so today. Everyone else was so in love with letting police do whatever they want, that I decided I had to say something.

This should be time-stamped to start at 3:00:51, if you care to hear my dulcet tones.

View: https://youtu.be/-JbQ-7NpeNg?t=10851

Committee voted to recommend Intermediate Study on HB1091. At first I wasn't going to support IS, but I followed the lead of prime sponsor Jim Spillane. If the IS hadn't passed, the next motion would have been ITL.

Nothing's final until the House as a whole votes on it. I'll be speaking with others about how to revive it.

I don't normally speak up during committee discussion, but I did so today. Everyone else was so in love with letting police do whatever they want, that I decided I had to say something.

This should be time-stamped to start at 3:00:51, if you care to hear my dulcet tones.

View: https://youtu.be/-JbQ-7NpeNg?t=10851

First, well said.

At least the bill is still breathing. Did they really compare checking fishing licenses to checking a drivers license?
[banghead]

So what happens next, the majority and minority reports are put in a pot and it comes before the committee again?

Not gun related, but CACR36 is likely worth chiming in on via the remote sign in support this bill thing.

Senate Committee for Senate Election Law and Municipal Affairs. 31 January at 1PM.

O'BRIEN: Eliminating Election Day Voting Tourists - NH Journal

State Sen. Regina Birdsell has filed legislation that would amend the New Hampshire Constitution to ensure that only citizens of the United States and citizens of New Hampshire can vote in our state’s elections. This legislation, referred to as Constitutional Amendment Concurrent Resolution (CACR) 36, would simply replace the present language in the New Hampshire Constitution that says state “inhabitants” can vote in our elections. Instead, it would read:

All elections are to be free, and every person who is a citizen of the United States and a citizen of the state of New Hampshire, and 18 years of age and upwards shall have an equal right to vote in any election. Every person shall be considered a citizen of the state of New Hampshire for the purposes of voting in a town, ward, or unincorporated place where that person is domiciled and has primary residency.CACR 36

Back
Top Bottom