New gun store/ shop in Westford coming soon?

You’re wrong.

I shoot IDPA, USPSA, SC, pins, plates…. It’s not the sport - it’s the people you’re shooting with that make it fun or suck.

The worst for me is one of my local CT clubs. People who aren’t qualified serving as range officers. So petty shit is focused on and serious shit like muzzling people is overlooked.
This.

I am not wrong. The sport sounds like a PITA because people make it that way.

I am sure the stages are fun and challenging but just like any sport, if players and people in charge s*ck, it will turn people off.
It’s not the sport. It’s the people. Shoot IDPA with a good group and it’s fun. Shoot it with nitwits and it isn’t fun.

Now replace IDPA in above with any other shooting sport and it’s still true.

I am not wrong. The sport sounds like a PITA because people make it that way.

I am sure the stages are fun and challenging but just like any sport, if players and people in charge s*ck, it will turn people off.
Nah it’s not that bad. I think if you shot a match you’d say otherwise.
Early on it was worse but they’ve changed the rules about fault lines among other things which made a big difference.

I shoot more IDPA than USPSA mainly because there’s more IDPA matches in the area than USPSA and IDPA is year round unlike USPSA (in New England anyway).

I enjoy both

The worst for me is one of my local CT clubs. People who aren’t qualified serving as range officers. So petty shit is focused on and serious shit like muzzling people is overlooked.

This is the major problem. The best shooters don't/won't get qualified as an SO/RO and they won't/don't help setup, run or work the match. Same with a lot of younger people. So a majority of people working the matches are second tier or older shooters who can't compete. I will freely admit I am in this category. So you end up with some people working/running a match who need to feel important and they end up with delusions of godhood. Those people need to be identified and put in check or jettisoned.

This is the major problem. The best shooters don't/won't get qualified as an SO/RO and they won't/don't help setup, run or work the match. Same with a lot of younger people.
I'll admit I'm in that category. Living on the ass end of 128 doesn't help things when all the clubs are not super closeby. With the exception of WSA.
Helping to setup a match days in advance is next to impossible for me. I do help run shooters especially when the match is short staffed - I'm not a certified SO/RSO. It definitely would be a benefit if I was so I could "officially" help.
That's why I try my hardest when it comes to taping and helping break down stages at the end of the day.

I was approached by one of the metrowest guys asking why I'm not helping to setup matches or help design stages. I told him living an hour away from Harvard (no traffic) doesn't make it easy. But designing stages is obviously something I could do at home so I guess there's no real excuse for that aside from me not being all that creative.

And all of this is moot now that I have a baby. I don't see myself being able to be away from home all day on a Saturday or Sunday to attend a match. Unless my wife has plans all day with the baby and one of her girlfriends lol

I'll admit I'm in that category. Living on the ass end of 128 doesn't help things when all the clubs are not super closeby. With the exception of WSA.
Helping to setup a match days in advance is next to impossible for me. I do help run shooters especially when the match is short staffed - I'm not a certified SO/RSO. It definitely would be a benefit if I was so I could "officially" help.
That's why I try my hardest when it comes to taping and helping break down stages at the end of the day.

I was approached by one of the metrowest guys asking why I'm not helping to setup matches or help design stages. I told him living an hour away from Harvard (no traffic) doesn't make it easy. But designing stages is obviously something I could do at home so I guess there's no real excuse for that aside from me not being all that creative.

And all of this is moot now that I have a baby. I don't see myself being able to be away from home all day on a Saturday or Sunday to attend a match. Unless my wife has plans all day with the baby and one of her girlfriends lol

I wasn't specifically picking on or criticizing anyone. We all have a life to live and some people's situations don't allow them to do things.

My point was to say there are people who become SO/RO and get involved with running programs because it fulfills some needs they have and in some cases they become tyrants. It happens anytime you are relying on a completely volunteer labor force.

Eye + Ear protection + backpack = happy baby = you can shoot.

You too can be as happy as this guy while at the range.

Tried to find a tactical baby backpack but noticed a flaw, they all hold the baby on the front, getting in the way of operating.

44367_3830075044367_2_filter-1200x1200.jpg

I wasn't specifically picking on or criticizing anyone. We all have a life to live and some people's situations don't allow them to do things.

My point was to say there are people who become SO/RO and get involved with running programs because it fulfills some needs they have and in some cases they become tyrants. It happens anytime you are relying on a completely volunteer labor force.
Gotcha

Eye + Ear protection + backpack = happy baby = you can shoot.

You too can be as happy as this guy while at the range.

Tried to find a tactical baby backpack but noticed a flaw, they all hold the baby on the front, getting in the way of operating.

View attachment 727110
Lmao. I need to show this to the wife. She'll love it

Back
Top Bottom