• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Indiana Law allows citizens to

Shoot Police if they enter their homes...

New Indiana Law Allows Citizens to Shoot Police Officers

In Indiana, police officers are upset over a new law allowing residents to use deadly force against public servants, including law enforcement officers, who unlawfully enter their homes.

The law was adopted after the Indiana State Supreme Court ruled that there was “no right to reasonably resist unlawful entry by police officers," after a man assaulted an officer during a domestic violence call

Tim Downs, President of the Indiana State Fraternal Order of Police, told Bloomberg News that the law could open the way for people who are under the influence or emotionally distressed to attack officers in their homes: “It’s just a recipe for disaster. It just puts a bounty on our heads.”

Good.

Not new, I have already commented and used this for other scenarios. It is a great law and hope to see someone legally use this one day, but you don't hear to much stuff about rogue cops coming out of Indiana. Maybe the occasional story where a cop hands his gun to a civilian to put down and injured deer!

Charles.

Wow, it's about time someone passed something like this. Maybe the popo will think twice before overstepping their authority without a warrant. As long as they follow the same rules that we are expected to, why should this be a problem at all?

Not new, I have already commented and used this for other scenarios. It is a great law and hope to see someone legally use this one day, but you don't hear to much stuff about rogue cops coming out of Indiana. Maybe the occasional story where a cop hands his gun to a civilian to put down and injured deer!

Charles.

Good point. This is probably a solution to a non-existent problem in Indiana, but could prove to be very useful in a state like ours.

Well I think during what transpired in Watertown, would've been a good example of someone using this! Although then they would've kept the city under lockdown even longer, and T would have just bleed to death before some Nazi could shoot up someones boat consequence free! Though you also know that they would end up just going and lying and making a warrant up after the fact to just cover their Nazi butts!

Charles.

good...stop blasting through the wrong door on your no knock warrants to arrest a guy suspected of possessing a bag of pot, shooting the family beagle on sight and terrorizing the family and you should be fine.

The corollary to this is that there should be zero liability/disciplinary action for an officer refusing to enter a house without warrant or PC.

You may have the right to smoke them if they enter unlawfully, but you're not gonna survive it either. You take a shot at a cop, even in your own home, even if you're in the right, you'll still catch a bullet. Or 68, like the former marine with the hispanic name.

yup...most times when cops enter your house like that ... on a nk warrant they're coming in in force. You don't stand a chance. Good to know you wont might not be posthumously sh*t on and have your legacy be that of a malicious cop killer but that's probably all this law does.

good, they might think twice before using the "i thought i heard a scream" excuse they love to use to bypass a warrant.

oz was an outstanding show.

That's another show I need to start watching...

I saw the pilot and was hooked, just got caught up with Justified. Shows of this decade are either absolutely horrid or boner inducing. Note to self: Breaking Bad starts August 11th, BITCH!

You watch too many movies sir.

Did you say, "Don't shoot me bro!" [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom