New LGS in Bellingham?

While it could be a picture from some event or general range use, as it's being used in an advertisement, there's a fair chance that it's posed. That would seem a bit much under those circumstances. Which is pretty much the point I was trying to make, but it's lost on the folks who go ballistic at the thought of any potential criticism of some aspect of an interest.

Well, if your monkey photo is from a photoshoot where they're trying to get a picture of a monkey on a rock, it's likely that the goal is a picture of a monkey on a rock. The same would apply to advertisements.
Quintupling!

Dude, you went through the trouble of posting a pic from their website to criticize using a light and optic at 6’:
Jebus, do you really need an optic and a light at this range?
When everyone else explained to you that you should train how you carry, regardless of distance, you should have just responded with “I never thought of that.”

Everyone says dumb shit, but it’s almost always better to gracefully admit you were wrong than doubling quintupling down.

Get training.

Quintupling!

Dude, you went through the trouble of posting a pic from their website to criticize using a light and optic at 6’:

When everyone else explained to you that you should train how you carry you should have just responded with “I never thought of that.”

Everyone says dumb shit, but it’s almost always better to gracefully admit you were wrong than doubling quintupling down.

Get training.
All i wanted to know was if anyone had been in there and it went off the rails.

65% of self defense shootings are under eleven feet. If you're not practicing at that distance you are doing it wrong.

If you are having to defend yourself against an attack under 11ft, you are doing situational awareness wrong.

Some people train to use deadly force once the victim, I mean suspected felon, I mean citizen gets within 25ft... armed or not.

I just never leave the house.Greg

Ummm, no you are not.
If you can put them in the xring at 50' then putting them in the x ring at 11' is a joke.

But the opposite is not true.
This may be the dumbest take I have ever read as related to self defense. If you think those two self defense scenarios are the same your whack. Do you kindly as the bad man to retreat to 50 feet or demand they retreat? The other option is you could shoot every person that gets within 50 feet of you I guess.

This may be the dumbest take I have ever read as related to self defense. If you think those two self defense scenarios are the same your whack. Do you kindly as the bad man to retreat to 50 feet or demand they retreat? The other option is you could shoot every person that gets within 50 feet of you I guess.
Well... I took a force on force training at Sig Academy and we did it with blue guns and plastic knives at 21.
And in the Marine Corps, when we went to Urban Warfare school the targets often moved.
I don't know if you noticed, but its pretty unlikely that plastic torso on a stick will charge at you.... dumbass.

Unless being that close to your target just scares you. If you are training at 11' it just means you can't shoot for shit

Well... I took a force on force training at Sig Academy and we did it with blue guns and plastic knives at 21.
And in the Marine Corps, when we went to Urban Warfare school the targets often moved.
I don't know if you noticed, but its pretty unlikely that plastic torso on a stick will charge at you.... dumbass.

Unless being that close to your target just scares you. If you are training at 11' it just means you can't shoot for shit
6CBA1B93-35A4-46C3-9A80-45E5F2880539.jpeg

I visited the shop a few weeks ago. Not much inventory. Hardly any ammo. Small selection of handguns and long guns. No reloading supplies at all. There are better shops out there, not worth the drive if your coming from a distance.

It’s retarded to assume this guy’s just standing still shooting holes ‘in paper’ at 3ft or whatever because he’s not moving in a photograph. I have a picture of a monkey sitting on a rock. That doesn’t mean he sits there all day long like an idiot not moving IRL.
8c924bfe4f7a99f770926beec4f5a10b.jpg

#NoMonkeyPox

Last edited:

I gotta agree with @JRT here, if you don’t do any close up training you’re really shorting yourself. You may have to draw and fire from the hip, if you’re much taller or shorter that angle will matter. A lot of people don’t even know what to do with their off hand when shooting one handed from the holster. What if you need to strike with that hand to create distance and then fire? You certainly don’t want to shoot yourself in your off hand arm. Many diff things like this come into play when you’re up that close.

The difference in POA vs POI is even more prevalent if you’re using a RDS up close on a PCC or carbine doing building clearing (home + potential hostage taker if a home invasion).

The average Joe with a RDS will center his dot on bad guys forehead and fire but will instead hit the bad guy on the chin or the neck area, making that a solid 8” + miss (he centered his dot on the forehead and doesn’t understand why he hit so low) at say, 5-7 yards. He didn’t miss because he sucks, he missed because he didn’t understand or nobody ever taught him, that there would be such a diff in POA/POI at close distance.

Given that there are so many members here that have a PCC or a carbine set up for HD, it’s absolutely worth noting that this is something they should train for if they haven’t yet. If you’re forced to take a shot on some a**h*** holding onto your wife or child inside your own house, you need to make sure that one shot counts, it needs to land exactly where you want it to. That or just put your weapon down and surrender it to him because you’re not sure if you can make that shot. Shit I never trained for this, how does that RDS thing go again so I don’t shoot my own family member? << should not be your last thought.

I gotta agree with @JRT here, if you don’t do any close up training you’re really shorting yourself. You may have to draw and fire from the hip, if you’re much taller or shorter that angle will matter. A lot of people don’t even know what to do with their off hand when shooting one handed from the holster. What if you need to strike with that hand to create distance and then fire? You certainly don’t want to shoot yourself in your off hand arm. Many diff things like this come into play when you’re up that close.

The difference in POA vs POI is even more prevalent if you’re using a RDS up close on a PCC or carbine doing building clearing (home + potential hostage taker if a home invasion).

The average Joe with a RDS will center his dot on bad guys forehead and fire but will instead hit the bad guy on the chin or the neck area, making that a solid 8” + miss (he centered his dot on the forehead and doesn’t understand why he hit so low) at say, 5-7 yards. He didn’t miss because he sucks, he missed because he didn’t understand or nobody ever taught him, that there would be such a diff in POA/POI at close distance.

Given that there are so many members here that have a PCC or a carbine set up for HD, it’s absolutely worth noting that this is something they should train for if they haven’t yet. If you’re forced to take a shot on some a**h*** holding onto your wife or child inside your own house, you need to make sure that one shot counts, it needs to land exactly where you want it to. That or just put your weapon down and surrender it to him because you’re not sure if you can make that shot. Shit I never trained for this, how does that RDS thing go again so I don’t shoot my own family member? << should not be your last thought.
He is conflating gunfighting and marksmanship.

No disrespect to him, but if he took training at Sig Academy and didn’t learn the difference then shame on $ig.

He is conflating gunfighting and marksmanship.

No disrespect to him, but if he took training at Sig Academy and didn’t learn the difference then shame on $ig.
Of course, not a slight towards anyone. More-so for the unaware or newbs that those things are actually ‘pretty important things’. Some people may have no idea, maybe this will be helpful for them instead of just another train wreck.

The statement was 11 feet. At 11 feet from the target, when you extent your arm, that puts the muzzle at at about 8-1/2' feet from target.
I am not debating the value of practicing drawing from a holster and getting on target. In fact, I joined a new club a couple of weeks ago, and my first question was " can I draw from a holster?"
At that distance, how many shooters are actually lining up sights?
The exercise at Sig started with an assailant 21 away, they blew the timer and you had to draw and fire before he could touch you with the plastic knife. I don't think anyone was able to do it the first time, and I certainly couldn't. By the time the class was over we could. And the truth is, if you are carrying IWB, in that scenario, 9 out of 10 times, you are going to get cut.
I understand the value of engaging targets at different distances, and enjoy doing so on a plinking range, but I can honestly say, I have never set up a target at 11 feet and don't plan on it anytime soon. If that is part of your training regimen, and you see value in it that is fine.

Back
Top Bottom