• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NEW LTC Issue

So I am from Marlborough MA and been working on getting a job doing armed security which requires a LTC to even get the interview. I have multiple companies willing to interview me and one says i'm a perfect fit but he can't interview me without the LTC in hand... Here is what I have seen, heard, and been told so far...

7/16 Took test @ Bostonfirearms
7/16 Turned in LTC App @ Marlboro PD
7/23 Interview with LTC Lisc Officer
9/18 DCJ Still at Marlboro PD
9/19 After 4 messages left for LTC officer he calls me back and states "your'e on the list and im working on getting to you."
10/12 DCJ Still at Marlboro PD (DCJ States "It's been a very long time you should check on that")

Its been approx 82 days so far and according to the Commonwealth of MA Office of the state auditor report...
[Marlboro PD]
Met 40 Day Benchmark: NO
AVG Days at PD: 45
AVG Days at DPT of Criminal Justice: 24
AVG Days for Local Licensing Authority to Issue: 9
AVG TOTAL Days to complete: 78

States TOTAL avg days to complete is 78 and i'm still at the first place which the normal avg is 45 days? I don't know really what to do they seem to have me stuck.

Nothing is really on my record I was in the military for 8 years and I supplied them with a email from a employer requesting me to get the LTC so I can have the interview... Any advice will be helpful.

I might seek another line of work for the time being...Some towns take almost 10 months start to finish.

Have you contacted anyone in city government or only the PD?

have spoken with any of the good firearms attorneys frequently mentioned here?

Why do you think posting here will be more effective than those options?

If you have a state rep or senator that isn't an anti gun POS, call them first, usually that leverage helps. Barring that I'd be talking to Comm2A or someone like Nstassel.

-Mike

@MuzzleDiscipline: No I haven't yet a friend of mine that has a LTC said to request LTC & FID application info via a public access request then go from there but wasn't sure if that would just "delay" my application more. The DCJ said they can't do anything about how long its taking or offer advice its all in the hands of the LIC Officer.

@Patorn: Yes or advice from other people that have had the same issue or knows what steps to take.

Figured i'd check back in on this tomorrow and start with the best sounding advice and go from there really other than that I might just have to keep waiting.

If something was bad with his record he'd know that by now. It's pretty obvious the PD either dropped the ball or they are turtling. It's possible their LO is no longer the LO or something, etc....

Start by calling your City Council person. Preferably the Chairperson of the Public Safety Committee if your city has one.

Explain this is an economic issue preventing you from earning taxes for the city/state.

Be polite and respectful but persistent.

You could also be speaking the same story to the Chief of Police or as drgrant has said your state rep.

Squeak a little if you want some grease and it is most effective to squeak in the ear of those who the licensing officer needs to keep happy.

@greencobra: "Really" means mainly just driving stuff from like 10 years ago like a red light, tail lights out (blew a fuse so marlboro wrote me 1 ticket for each light) basic stuff like that.

@Muzzle: Sounds good I think that's the best place to start.

Start by calling your City Council person. Preferably the Chairperson of the Public Safety Committee if your city has one.

Explain this is an economic issue preventing you from earning taxes for the city/state.

You could also be speaking the same story to the Chief of Police or as drgrant has said your state rep.

Squeak a little if you want some grease and it is most effective to squeak in the ear of those who the licensing officer needs to keep happy.

Or, move the f*** out of Mass! (Just saying)

[popcorn]

Marlborough took me 6 months to get my LTC from the day of interview. That's after waiting 3 months to be able to get an appointment with the PD to do my interview.

And I had nothing on my record and lengthy military service myself. They don't care.

This.

Your police department works for your town, and your town council member works for you. In theory.

Can’t hurt, might help, and it’s hard to get any worse than it is now.

Back
Top Bottom