New MA AG/Sen. Moore proposing silencer ban update

Idoktr

NES Member
SD1829, An Act relative to silencers

Sponsored by: Senator Michael Moore (D-Worcester)

An Act relative to silencers will strengthen current state law prohibiting the purchase, possession and use of silencers by amending the definition of “silencer” to mirror the definition in federal law. At a time when law enforcement officials are seeing an increase in the purchase and possession of illegal firearms, including ghost guns, and firearm accessories, this bill will strengthen enforcement capabilities and protect public safety by helping to keep these devices out of the hands of dangerous individuals.

Ridiculous. While he's at it, for public safety he should propose a law that it is illegal for Adolph Hitler clones to shoot 40 caliber Glocks while riding a pogo stick on public highways. It would be equally logical but at least entertaining. What a f-ing buffoon and what a waste of public funds.

Sponsored by: 
Senator Michael Moore (D-Worcester)

An Act relative to silencers will strengthen current state law prohibiting the purchase, possession and use of silencers by amending the definition of “silencer” to mirror the definition in federal law. At a time when law enforcement officials are seeing an increase in the purchase and possession of illegal firearms, including ghost guns, and firearm accessories, this bill will strengthen enforcement capabilities and protect public safety by helping to keep these devices out of the hands of dangerous individuals.

This same language has been proposed in every legislative session since at least 2017-18.

Quoting from his webpage:
Senator Moore is a strong advocate for the rights of legal gun owners, and is endorsed by the Massachusetts-based Gun Owners Action League. During the previous session, he worked hard to protect second amendment rights while enhancing the public safety mechanisms designed to maintain public safety.

I don't understand how you make something more illegal than it already is. In a state where loud music or a loud exhaust will get you a visit by the police, you're not required or even allowed to make guns quieter.
Be careful going down that road, this thing could completely flip and we'll be required to purchase suppressors next

Liberals piss and moan about the sounds from gun ranges travelling too far and I say you should let people own silencers. At least it won't be so loud. "Oh yeah, who do you think you are James Bond?". You can't win with these people, they're just too stupid to understand the real world.

Sponsored by: 
Senator Michael Moore (D-Worcester)

Michael Moore is just another politician with the I.Q. of a potato 🥔

This same language has been proposed in every legislative session since at least 2017-18.

Quoting from his webpage:
Senator Moore is a strong advocate for the rights of legal gun owners, and is endorsed by the Massachusetts-based Gun Owners Action League. During the previous session, he worked hard to protect second amendment rights while enhancing the public safety mechanisms designed to maintain public safety.
if this guy is the guy suggesting that suppressors should be made illegaler and GOAL supports him, I would be thinking long and hard before making another contribution to GOAL

Ridiculous. While he's at it, for public safety he should propose a law that it is illegal for Adolph Hitler clones to shoot 40 caliber Glocks while riding a pogo stick on public highways. It would be equally logical but at least entertaining. What a f-ing buffoon and what a waste of public funds.
Dude...what am i supposed to do on weekends now

I SWEAR we had this thread last year. Is this guy's schtick trying to pass laws that reiterate laws already on the books????

For his next trick, he should get a bill in there that says that the state can levy taxes on sales of items, specific goods and on income. ;)

In simplest of political hack terms. “I propose a new bill that will make X illegal, even though it’s already illegal, this will make the law that makes it illegal more strong”

Translation”I have to do something cool and woke so the morons that elected will re-elect me”

if this guy is the guy suggesting that suppressors should be made illegaler and GOAL supports him, I would be thinking long and hard before making another contribution to GOAL
Goal is anti silencers. Too long a story, but I found this out years ago. Jack.

If passed, this could be used to strengthen arguments that when the legislature refers to "as defined by federal law" (like in the MA AWB), that such definition was done with intent and has meaning.

Back
Top Bottom