New MA AG/Sen. Moore proposing silencer ban update

This same language has been proposed in every legislative session since at least 2017-18.

Quoting from his webpage:
Senator Moore is a strong advocate for the rights of legal gun owners, and is endorsed by the Massachusetts-based Gun Owners Action League. During the previous session, he worked hard to protect second amendment rights while enhancing the public safety mechanisms designed to maintain public safety.

GOAL supports this tard and GOAL is against suppressors, or did I misinterpret something?

If Jim is still president of GOAL, I find this difficult to believe.

If there was ever one thing that should be legal, it's suppressors.

These lawmakers watch too many movies. They think criminals are going to be running around like silent assassins gunning people down without making a sound. In reality a suppressor takes a firearm that's about as loud as a jet engine at Full Throttle and tones it down to being as loud as a chainsaw at Full Throttle. But I guess protecting our hearing doesn't matter to these folks.

Has a crime ever been committed in the Commonwealth with a silencer?

Serious question. Possession of an unregistered silencer does not count.

Has a crime ever been committed in the Commonwealth with a silencer?

Serious question. Possession of an unregistered silencer does not count.

Like most laws(and religion IMO), they are based on fear. Automatic knives were made illegal due to a friggin movie lol Thankfully, most states have woken up and repealed those laws, NH just recently made autos legal.. Still illegal here to carry unless of course you are one of the Kings Men enforcing the Kings laws.

It is so ridiculous.. Right now I am wearing a Glock 43 that I can legally carry, and staring at a Microtech Ultratech that I LEGALLY can't carry... I can carry a gun, but not a certain type of knife lol

Long time ago I sent them a letter to publish and in it I mentioned that I had silencers. They put the letter in their paper but omitted the part about the silencers. This was right when the laws changed to allow 07s to have silencers and I had immediately brought into Mass probably the first one. The law change was not well known yet and maybe they thought that I had done something not right and didn't want to spread it around. They could have checked it out. To me that looked like they were anti. Jack.

I feel as though if there were a wave of street crime involving silencers**, it would be ALL over the news, day in and day out.

I don't even remember the last time I heard of a silencer involved in a crime, other than in movies/tv.

** silencer, suppressor, can, oil filer, whatever you want to call it.

Long time ago I sent them a letter to publish and in it I mentioned that I had silencers. They put the letter in their paper but omitted the part about the silencers. This was right when the laws changed to allow 07s to have silencers and I had immediately brought into Mass probably the first one. The law change was not well known yet and maybe they thought that I had done something not right and didn't want to spread it around. They could have checked it out. To me that looked like they were anti. Jack.

I fondly remember shooting your silenced shotgun (the Meineke!) at one of the car shoots. Thanks again!

think like his pink haired volunteer aids do.
guns are the problem. so we need to show how we are keeping up with anti-guns measures. everything is already forbidden, but we got to produce something.
so, here we go. let`s re-prohibit already prohibited to keep up our good record of prohibiting.

I'm not sure how suppressors could be "more Illegal" in MA then they currently are?

Maybe it's like double secret probation?

Maybe now they'll be biggly illegal?

Maybe they "just really mean it this time."
Hey! They have to make it look like they're doing something to protect us. What about reducing the ten-round magazines to 9 rounds? That could save lives, right?

They have to make it look like they're doing something to protect us
what makes you people think so, at all? where all this comes from - that naivete mantra that anyone of them ever indented to do anything good for _you_?

Sen. Moore

shutterstock_245726512-scaled.jpg

Liberals piss and moan about the sounds from gun ranges travelling too far and I say you should let people own silencers. At least it won't be so loud. "Oh yeah, who do you think you are James Bond?". You can't win with these people, they're just too stupid to understand the real world.
They’re not stupid, but their world is defined by what they saw on tv. So “silencers” actually silence, not muffle, and one can shoot a couple of hundred rounds in a minute without reloading because that’s what they “saw” after the editors were done splicing takes.

They should be forced to explain how "prohibiting the purchase, possession and use of silencers" will "keep these devices out of the hands of dangerous individuals."

Laws are for the law-abiding.

An Act relative to silencers will strengthen current state law prohibiting the purchase, possession and use of silencers by amending the definition of “silencer” to mirror the definition in federal law. At a time when law enforcement officials are seeing an increase in the purchase and possession of illegal firearms, including ghost guns, and firearm accessories, this bill will strengthen enforcement capabilities and protect public safety by helping to keep these devices out of the hands of dangerous individuals.

So stop dangerous individuals from buying illegal firearms and illegal accessories by strengthening already ridiculous laws. Would they not just continue to purchase illegal firearms and illegal accessories? This is punishing law abiding citizens for the crimes of criminals who are going to just continue to ignore whatever law gets revised.

Whew, I feel so much safer now that gangbangers and violent criminals won't use properly registered and lawfully obtained NFA items in crimes!

Sweating Flowers In The Dirt GIF by Paul McCartney

Back
Top Bottom