• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New MA AG/Sen. Moore proposing silencer ban update

SD1829, An Act relative to silencers

For clarification , currently silencers are illegal.

If the above law passes silencers will be VERY illegal. Bravo on this initiative !

This is being brought up now because some guy in CA raided a flea market back in the late 80's/early 90's, picked up the crappiest gun he could find but they were all out of Tec-9s, added a hokey larper fake suppressor and then carefully planned his crime 30+ years later.

So stop dangerous individuals from buying illegal firearms and illegal accessories by strengthening already ridiculous laws. Would they not just continue to purchase illegal firearms and illegal accessories? This is punishing law abiding citizens for the crimes of criminals who are going to just continue to ignore whatever law gets revised.

Allegedly, suppressors are not only allowed, but common and "expected" in the UK. I have never tried to confirm that, since it doesn't affect me in any way, but I've read several supposedly knowledgeable articles on it.

Using a suppressor is the "polite" thing to do when hunting.

Allegedly, suppressors are not only allowed, but common and "expected" in the UK. I have never tried to confirm that, since it doesn't affect me in any way, but I've read several supposedly knowledgeable articles on it.

I think it was someone here that said if they hadn't been put in the NFA back in the day they'd probably be legally required now instead of banned

If the above law passes silencers will be VERY illegal. Bravo on this initiative !

Silencers are NOT illegal in Massachusetts. You simply have to possess the proper papers.

I think it's like that in most of Europe. Silencers are highly encouraged, and you just buy them over the counter without any background check and without any form of restriction.

Full text:

SECTION 1. Section 10A of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2020 Official Edition, is hereby amended by inserting after the word “firearm,” in line 11 the following words:- , including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating any such instrument, attachment, weapon or appliance, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication, .

SECTION 2. Said section 10A of said chapter 269, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by striking out, in line 16, the words “or appliance” and inserting in place thereof the following words:- , appliance or parts.

SECTION 3. This act shall take effect upon its passage.

Hi , i'm Mike Moore and I'm running for re-election.
Can I count on your vote?
ready-laughing-hysterically.gif

I think it was someone here that said if they hadn't been put in the NFA back in the day they'd probably be legally required now instead of banned

Tinfoil hat time--Do you think the state is resistant because many cities spent stupid money on shot spotters, and even though they full on know a "silencer" won't make a gun silent, that it could impact the already wonky results they are getting from those things?

Whats going on with Worcester, ban hunting when theres no land and ban silencers when nobody owns one. Sounds like Boston.

Pander - verb
pan·der ˈpan-dər
pandered; pandering ˈpan-d(ə-)riŋ
Synonyms of pander

: to act as a pander
especially : to provide gratification for others' desires
films that pander to the basest emotions

Completely unrelated to this topic, but talking about pandering.... did anyone catch the Ticketmaster Senate hearing? Now Ticketmaster is indeed a terrible company and deserves some major penalty and shake up, but it was hysterical seeing the senators pander to constituents over it. They all were casually quoting Taylor Swift lyrics in their statements in the most pathetic lizard people display of "hey look, I'm one of you" I've ever seen. Pandering and grandstanding to the Nth degree. Wish 2A could get some of that.

Whats going on with Worcester, ban hunting when theres no land and ban silencers when nobody owns one. Sounds like Boston.

Moore is usually on our side, wonder if this is a gay deceiver type wallhack to make the state ban die,?

just gotta follow their own backwards logic, 2 laws making them illegal doesn't make them more illegal, because it's a double negative they'll actually become legal! hence I support this legislation and the legalization of silencers for all.

Be careful going down that road, this thing could completely flip and we'll be required to purchase suppressors next
I could see MA requiring a suppressor on all guns.

The suppressor must be made of solid steel and weigh enough that it cannot be lifted off the ground by a child., with a length equal to or longer than the barrel. And it must be coated in glow in the dark paint to prevent it's use by super sneaky night time ninjas.

Like this?

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn4lGYiNoeU/

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CnowCW8tN7r/

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/ClHH1O4Lh7H/

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch6jp3CjNtA/

Moore is usually on our side, wonder if this is a gay deceiver type wallhack to make the state ban die,?
Was trying to think of how this could be a way to undo something, if that is what you mean by "g.d.t.w."

Back
Top Bottom