• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New MA AG/Sen. Moore proposing silencer ban update

Ive heard this as well. Not only are they legal, but youre looked at as kind of an a**h*** if you dont use them. Not sure how true that is. @JuergenG ?
I don't have much of an experience with cans, only shot with one once. They are legal for hunters over here for a while, IIRC for rifles only.

giphy.gif

Full text:

SECTION 1. Section 10A of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2020 Official Edition, is hereby amended by inserting after the word “firearm,” in line 11 the following words:- , including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating any such instrument, attachment, weapon or appliance, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication, .

SECTION 2. Said section 10A of said chapter 269, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by striking out, in line 16, the words “or appliance” and inserting in place thereof the following words:- , appliance or parts.

SECTION 3. This act shall take effect upon its passage.
Does this mean that frame transfers are going away if this passes?

Does this mean that frame transfers are going away if this passes?
No. Section 10A of chapter 269 only deals with "Selling, giving or using silencers; confiscation and destruction." But I haven't read all of the Linsky's bills and wouldn't be surprised if one or more is designed to do that.

Full text:

SECTION 1. Section 10A of chapter 269 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2020 Official Edition, is hereby amended by inserting after the word “firearm,” in line 11 the following words:- , including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating any such instrument, attachment, weapon or appliance, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication, .

SECTION 2. Said section 10A of said chapter 269, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by striking out, in line 16, the words “or appliance” and inserting in place thereof the following words:- , appliance or parts.

SECTION 3. This act shall take effect upon its passage.

So it's really about parts?? This is the whole "you have a filter or a trap or whatever" thing. Like mASS doesn't have enough to do to make something that's questionably federally illegal and the ATF is clamping down on. Just to be sure they are in lockstep.

I could see MA requiring a suppressor on all guns.

The suppressor must be made of solid steel and weigh enough that it cannot be lifted off the ground by a child., with a length equal to or longer than the barrel. And it must be coated in glow in the dark paint to prevent it's use by super sneaky night time ninjas.

And be made of solid steel. No hole. ;)

I’d have sex with anything in any of those photos. Sorry Don’t have time to invent pronouns

Dude in photo 2. Dog in photo 3. Some sort of dead bird-thing in photo one. We've found our one NES Panseck'shull.

So we haven't gotten any confirmation about GOAL and suppressors. I know Jim causally. I can't think he'd be anti-suppressor at all.

So it's really about parts?? This is the whole "you have a filter or a trap or whatever" thing. Like mASS doesn't have enough to do to make something that's questionably federally illegal and the ATF is clamping down on. Just to be sure they are in lockstep.
Yep. It basically says, "if ATF thinks it needs a tax stamp under its 'silencer' rules, it's a felony in Mass." As I noted, this isn't the first time this change has been proposed.

I'm not sure how suppressors could be "more Illegal" in MA then they currently are?

Maybe it's like double secret probation?

Maybe now they'll be biggly illegal?

Maybe they "just really mean it this time."
What’s funny is there is a silencer company in Easthampton, MA I see them at gun shows down here in NC.

$$$. Also the average thug or “man with a gun” isn’t going to invest in all this. They would probably if at all use some illegally homemade silencer.

What’s the point.. of even banning them.. oh wait it’s another feel good law upon other feel good laws.

Long time ago I sent them a letter to publish and in it I mentioned that I had silencers. They put the letter in their paper but omitted the part about the silencers. This was right when the laws changed to allow 07s to have silencers and I had immediately brought into Mass probably the first one. The law change was not well known yet and maybe they thought that I had done something not right and didn't want to spread it around. They could have checked it out. To me that looked like they were anti. Jack.
What year was this Jack?

GOAL supports this tard and GOAL is against suppressors, or did I misinterpret something?

If Jim is still president of GOAL, I find this difficult to believe.
GOAL is 100% pro suppressor! GOAL has worked with ASA, NSSF, SIG, Yankee Hill and SilencerCo regarding suppressor demonstration days for MA politicians and LE. We have done at least three of these events over the past 6-7 years. GOAL has filed numerous bills that mirror other states that have legalized suppressors. I'm guessing Jack is going back pre-1999 when the previous Executive Director was running GOAL.

Moore has done some pretty impressive advocacy for GOAL in previous years. The passing of 140 section 130 1/2 was a good example. He actually helped advance GOAL's previous suppressor legislation that was released from 2 committees with an "Ought to pass". Unfortunately, the Miami night club massacre occured just prior to the bill going to the house and senate for a vote. Many legislators have gone from good to bad on 2A issues. Personally, I blame that on the 2A community's lack of advocacy. Mike Moore cares more about getting re-elected than anything 2A related.

Back
Top Bottom