• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Maine Resident

Hello All,

Finally made the move I always wanted to do and made it to this beautiful state. I am looking for good leads on firewood, gun clubs, gun shops, ranges, good fishing and hunting areas. I am in Parsonsfield. Appreciate any feedback from all you great members.

Thank you

I hope you have a GF or are already married, because all the other ME females are taken by age 15, and those are the ones with teeth! The dyed-in-the-wool liberals are at least 25 IQ points below the aforementioned dames, and haven't shaven their legs for years! or their chest!

Last edited:
I wasn't sure where Parsonfield was so I looked it up. It appears that you wouldn't be far from Kittery Trading Post or the Maine Cabela's. KTP has a decent selection, not sure if you've been there before. The Maine Cabela's is the best one I've been to and I've been to that one, the Mass one, the CT one and one in Michigan.

Since you're on the NH border, you may want to check out gun shops between you and I93. You're about 1hr, 15 minutes from where I am in NH which is off of 93.

Fishing depends on what you're fishing for. Fly or bait? Salt or fresh? Southern Maine does have some nice striper fishing. I actually was looking into fly fishing rivers in southern Maine this morning but not much turned up. You'd be close to the Androscoggin River which runs from northern NH to the Maine coast. There is also the Kennebec.

I hope you have a GF or are already married, because all the other ME females are taken by age 15, and those are the ones with teeth! The dyed-in-the-wool liberals are at least 25 IQ points below the aforementioned dames, and haven't shaven their legs for years! or their chest!

I'm really looking forward to more posts from your mommies basement.

Please do tell of your vast experience within the largest state in New England. Your post clearly has reasoning behind its words.

I'm really looking forward to more posts from your mommies basement.

Please do tell of your vast experience within the largest state in New England. Your post clearly has reasoning behind its words.

I lived there for 2 years, and after dating every single woman over the age of 20 who wasn't either pregnant or a mongoloid, I realized that it was time to get out!

seriously though, Maine is an incredibly beautiful state, and many beautiful women, but as you head north of Portland.............

I almost forgot, if you do freshwater fish, there is Sebago Lake. Fair warning though, it is very cold to ice fish on that sucker and I spent an entire day ice fishing up there once and got nothing. YMMV. If I lived in Southern Maine, I would take up striper fishing myself.

http://www.ktpevents.com/interior.php/pid/9

newSLBmap.jpg

I've spent a lot of time hunting in the plantation in parsonsfield. My buddy lives over on the smith rd. Nice area.

Looking for a range? Wait, you bought property in Maine without enough room to shoot? HUH? You should have asked me! We are Trying to sell Mother-in-Law's property up there. 66 acres, and we are asking less for it than what I paid for my condo here in MA [rofl] And nobody wants it! Oh, and I shoot my rifles right off the back porch!

We're practically neighbors!

I have a couple spots I shoot at in Shapleigh (along 11). PM me if you want the coordinates or directions.

Gun shops: IIRC there are a couple shops in and just north of Ossipee. There's a hardware store in Sanborneville near the Poor Peoples Pub (down 16) that sells ammo, but it's pricey. If you head down 16 to Rochester, you get Coyote Creek (right near Walmart and the Harley dealership) and a couple other shops. In Sanford, we have Pac-N-Arms. Cabelas and KTP aren't too far.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

York COUNTY Fish and Game Association- Great folks, not at all snobbish. And BAR"S OPEN FARM GUNWORKS in Lyman. (I know it's a funny name) Right on Route 35. They'll treat you right

Parsonsfield is at least an hour to anything like Kittery or Scarborough. It's much closer to things in NH. Fryeburg is close and MAY have a gun shop but it would be a small shop more than likely. I grew up in that "area." My niece teaches music for the Fryeburg school district. Ossipee might have stuff you are looking for. Obviously you can't go there and buy a handgun without it shipping to an FFL. Personally, I would look at finding some land thats public that you can shoot on. Not too many gun ranges. Start looking close to home.

Looking for a range? Wait, you bought property in Maine without enough room to shoot? HUH? You should have asked me! We are Trying to sell Mother-in-Law's property up there. 66 acres, and we are asking less for it than what I paid for my condo here in MA [rofl] And nobody wants it! Oh, and I shoot my rifles right off the back porch!
I'll bite, what part of Maine?How far from a paved road? I'm interested.

York County Fish and Game is located at 600 Goodwin's Mills Road, Lyman ,ME. Our next meeting is a BBQ on June 30 at 6:00pm. Maybe we"ll see you there or on the range! That's definitely closer than Scarborough (depends on where you are in Parsonfield) which is probably closer to 40 minutes than an hour. Our ranges are never crowded (Can be a problem in Scar.) except during scheduled events. Hope to meet you!

Just be sure to pick up the fishing regs, they are absolute madness. Don't be an ass and if something is wrong they probably will overlook minor stuff.

Glad someone replaced my lost vote. I'm back in the south and loving it.

Register to Vote / Vote NO on Background Check Referendum

FrankSpencer,

1. Make sure you register to vote, AND
2. Make sure you vote NO on the Bloomberg Universal Background Check Referendum in November.

(Unless you want Maine to turn into another Massachusetts in terms of gun laws).

Quick question. I am up in South Portland and need a sponsor for Scarborough Fish and game. I’d be happy to go over my background.
many thanks
Dave

Hello All,

Finally made the move I always wanted to do and made it to this beautiful state. I am looking for good leads on firewood, gun clubs, gun shops, ranges, good fishing and hunting areas. I am in Parsonsfield. Appreciate any feedback from all you great members.

Thank you

Congrats on the move. I've been house hunting in Maine around the Augusta- Belgrade area. Hoping to be there soon.

Back
Top Bottom