New Markey Bill: Provide grant $$$ to other states that adopt MA licensing standards

cjrubes

NES Member
Searched quick so I don't know if this is a dupe or not....

Just read this article a little while ago. Seems like our wonderful senator is trying to bribe other states to copy some of the bills that have been shoved down our throats here in MA. I wonder if he thinks that since he can't pass this through DC the 'traditional' way he'll go about it by using the almighty $ as a means to his end.

This sleaze-ball wants to use tax-payer money to pay for this BS.... :mad:

U.S. Sen. Ed Markey proposes $100M bill to extend Massachusetts gun standards nationwide

BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Ed Markey, D-Massachusetts, is proposing a bill that would offer $20 million annually for five years in incentive money for states that bring their gun licensing standards in line with those in Massachusetts, which are among the strictest in the country.

"Our gun safety bills are a model for other states, and I believe for the U.S. Congress to follow," Markey said, flanked by police officials at a Monday press conference at the Boston Police Department headquarters.

Edit: Here's some other links I dug up as well...

Markey's 'MASS Act' Aims To Bring Mass.-Like Gun Laws To Other States
Ed Markey, Marty Walsh Unveil a National Gun Bill Modeled on Massachusetts
Boston Mayor, police officials join Sen. Markey for federal gun legislation
Sen. Markey sponsors bill that would make Mass. gun control laws a national model

Licensing standards, as in turn the right into a privilege and give the ability to deny for ANY reason to an unelected bureaucrat?

Well, maybe when we have to close some schools because we're giving $100M to other states we'll see where gun control really falls on people's priority list.

Who am I kidding? They'll just steal this money straight outta my paycheck.

Maathy was holding his hand:

Walsh, who joined Markey on stage, said he was encouraged by a wave of activism that has followed recent mass shootings and hoped to see action in Washington, even as modest gun control measures stall in the Republican-controlled House, Senate, and White House.

“One shooting is one too many shootings. Young people in our neighborhoods across our city face this violence every single day,” Walsh said. “I hope Congress will look at Boston and Massachusetts as an example of how to move forward and stop the violence.”

Last edited:

Just read this article a little while ago. Seems like our wonderful senator is trying to bribe other states to copy some of the bills that have been shoved down our throats here in MA. I wonder if he thinks that since he can't pass this through DC the 'traditional' way he'll go about it by using the almighty $ as a means to his end.

U.S. Sen. Ed Markey proposes $100M bill to extend Massachusetts gun standards nationwide

Sen. Markey sponsors bill that would make Mass. gun control laws a national model

What standards ? There are no standards in Massachusetts for licensing firearms. Each city or town just does their own thing. So, where are the standards ? Tell me, how can you sell something to someone else that you don't have ?

I wonder if he remembers the oath he has sworn to multiple times:

Senate & House
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Markey is just a seat warmer until Joe the commie loving wife beating drunk driver's fluff ball poster child for 'white privilege' kid Joe, Jr. is ready to graduate from the House to Senate. The Commonwealth has to celebrate diversity by continually sending new generations of inbred blood bloods to Congress.

If anything Markey's gall might be enough to make the rest of the country less anti-gun simply to spite Massachusetts.

Markey is the guy from Delaware who cant shut up about Naral?

Does that cover a bloated salary and pension for each state to have their own Maura to unilaterally write and rewrite laws like she's King George III?

Its funny how all of the local MSM websites don’t allow comments on their articles. Can’t be having facts thrown into the mix when trying to push an agenda.
Just realized the linked article above does allow comments. I had read a similar one on Channel 5 and but never see comments on any articles there.

Your heiness wants literally a duplicate of herself / AG in each state.

Old man cotton head Markey wants to use my hard earned tax money for his agenda. I dont think so.

He quotes “As Markey noted, Massachusetts has the nation’s lowest rate of gun deaths.” Yes we do. So let me bend over, no lube as you and your minions stick more useless gun laws up our behinds.

Light up his line and demand that your hard money is not funding this!

Not a peep about the cost for the bump stock letters?
Don't worry the money is there , mass will just cut off more mental health spending

Back
Top Bottom