New member from the North shore.

Mike 53

NES Member
Just want to say hello to the group and a little background. I came to Mass 14 years ago and just this February got my LTC. Mostly I'm interested in Bullseye shooting as I was into it years ago. (I am in my 60's) I have gotten what I hope will turn out to be good match guns (.22 and .45) and am now looking to get back into reloading again. The wife and I are looking into a club to join in the spring and are both anxious to start slinging some lead again![wink]
Thanks everyone for this Forum, so much good info here.

Welcome... great place, lots of info and opinions.
As far as gun clubs go, there are plenty to choose from. Just depends on what your looking for and how far you are willing to travel.
PM me if you have want more info on GC's on the North Shore...Merry Christmas

Welcome! Where abouts on the north shore are ya? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks for the welcome! Boss and three friends belong to the Hamilton-Wenham club...that and how close it is (Manchester) means we'll look there first. Be nice to shoot indoors though. Anyone know if Danvers ever finished their indoor range?

Hi andrew1220, we live in Manchester...Your avatar gets fuzzy when I blow it up- that the Dogbar?

Oh you're right next to me by-the-sea. Yup it's the dogbar breakwater. We have a club here in Gloucester. Indoor and outdoor range but our indoor range is limited to no jacketed or magnum rounds. We have a trap field, 100 yd rifle range, and outdoor pistol/shotgun range.

We will definitely check out the Gloucester club...thanks for the response!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Cape Ann in Gloucester participates in the Greater Boston Pistol League. (One of the regional Bullseye pistol leagues around here.)

Cape Ann in Gloucester participates in the Greater Boston Pistol League. (One of the regional Bullseye pistol leagues around here.)
That's my (one of my) main interests. It will take some time for me to be able to afford all I'll need, but I will get there...:cool:
When do the Leagues get going?
Thanks, Mike

Welcome but beware many of us will consider you to be a Fudd because you do pistol bullseye shooting.
Hi Mark-
Man...almost afraid to ask about that...but a Fudd? as in Daffy's nemesis?

Not exactly, just start telling folks how you support "reasonable gun laws" or "don't see the need for hi capacity magazines" or "why would anyone need an AR since they are not sporting guns" and see what happens. Also somebody who doesn't see any reason why a firearm needs to be loaded with more than five rounds at a range. If you believe any of this, then you probably are a Fudd and will save yourself a lot of grief by not expounding on those topics. Unfortunately, people who see shooting as a traditional recreational endeavor around here sometimes get lumped into the Fudd camp.

Not exactly, just start telling folks how you support "reasonable gun laws" or "don't see the need for hi capacity magazines" or "why would anyone need an AR since they are not sporting guns" and see what happens. Also somebody who doesn't see any reason why a firearm needs to be loaded with more than five rounds at a range. If you believe any of this, then you probably are a Fudd and will save yourself a lot of grief by not expounding on those topics. Unfortunately, people who see shooting as a traditional recreational endeavor around here sometimes get lumped into the Fudd camp.
Hah! Nobody will ever think me a Fudd!
Thanks, Mike

That's my (one of my) main interests. It will take some time for me to be able to afford all I'll need, but I will get there...:cool:
When do the Leagues get going?
Thanks, Mike

Looks like October. There's some more info here: http://gbpl.org/

I think GBPL only does .22 matches, but I could be wrong.

Welcome, you'll find the guys are all great....but be warned, don't give them any reason to throw a few digs at you, because they lost busting balls. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom