• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New member with conundrum

So,I just joined and decided to get a paid membership.
I live in S. Worc. county,born and raised in the area all my life.

Seems I have two issue.

1st is that I went for my Class A no restrictions back on 6/12 and I'm waiting for this to come back from the state.
LO said 4-6 weeks(green town). Now,should I bother signing up for the NES gun give away(full size S&W MP)?

2nd,if my license shows in early July, before my birthday(mid July),am I going to lose a year before I have to renew? 5 years instead of 6 years?
I have an FID that's good till mid-August right now.

Maybe I'll just wait till the last minute to see if the LTC comes in before I enter 4 Seasons/NES the give away.

Last edited:
If you were to win the pistol I'm sure carl will hold it for you until you get your license straightened out.

The M&P Giveaway disclaimer states:

Disclaimer:
If a firearm cannot be legally transferred to the winner, due to his or her ineligibility to own a firearm, or by any prohibition of the selected prize under federal, state, county or city code or ordinance, then the awarding of the prize shall be null and void. No monetary or other prize award shall be made in lieu of Northeastshooters.com being unable to transfer any prizes. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of the prize are permitted. Winners are responsible for the payment of all applicable taxes and transfer fees. NES Moderators are considered green members for this giveaway.

It doesn't seem that there's a provision to hold the prize until such time that the state deems you should be bestowed your natural right to defend yourself with a firearm. I think you'd need a ruling from Derek or Carl @ FS, on the surface if you don't have your LTC by the drawing, it seems your win would be null and void.

Yeah,

Figure I'll just wait another week and see if it comes in.[rolleyes]

Go ahead and get "In". You can figure out the rest later. Have fun.

Last edited:
So,I just joined and decided to get a paid membership.
I live in S. Worc. county,born and raised in the area all my life.

Seems I have two issue.

1st is that I went for my Class A no restrictions back on 6/12 and I'm waiting for this to come back from the state.
LO said 4-6 weeks(green town). Now,should I bother signing up for the NES gun give away(full size S&W MP)?

2nd,if my license shows in early July, before my birthday(mid July),am I going to lose a year before I have to renew? 5 years instead of 6 years?
I have an FID that's good till mid-August right now.

Derek is the boss. Why not PM Derek. All you are going to get here is opinion and free opinion is worth exactly nothing. No one here except Derek (and Carl) have a dog in this fight other than hoping to be the lucky winner.

All the best !

congrats on your new membership. now take advantage of the perks. as for the giveaway, I would pm Derek. he will get back to you within minutes

Back
Top Bottom