New People, PROFILES. Don't talk to the cops, talk to us!

My name is Ryan, 21 year old criminal justice student at Bridgewater State University. I'm planning on going into the army next June . I'm a real newbie with fire arms. I've only been shooting a handful of times and I have been addicted since the first time. I live in Boston so getting my class A should be a interesting experience. I love fishing the cape cod canal, and anywhere else for stripers.

Welcome and Boston is a lot more civilized these days (wasn't always that way) than many other cities/towns in MA. I coach Boston residents to pass the Moon Island test and the feedback I get is that they are treated very professionally in the entire process. Usually takes ~1 month to get a RESTRICTED LTC-A out of Boston after the Moon Island test. I've had some students who got unrestricted LTC-As out of Boston but they are all business owners who deal in lots of cash or some other unique circumstances.

Hey everyone my name is Scott and I live in Westfield. I'm still a fairly new shooter. Got my LTC-A two years ago and this site has been a great help with all my questions. My collection is small but will be adding more soon.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

Welcome and Boston is a lot more civilized these days (wasn't always that way) than many other cities/towns in MA. I coach Boston residents to pass the Moon Island test and the feedback I get is that they are treated very professionally in the entire process. Usually takes ~1 month to get a RESTRICTED LTC-A out of Boston after the Moon Island test. I've had some students who got unrestricted LTC-As out of Boston but they are all business owners who deal in lots of cash or some other unique circumstances.

Thanks for the welcome. Good to hear that its not too bad. I completed the basic fire arm course before Christmas, hopefully ill be getting the class A restricted before summer. My neighbor has a class A unrestricted since he use to live in dedham. He said it was tough to get it again but was able to when renewed a year or two back. Hopefully I will be able to make it out to one of the shoots when I pick up my first firearm! Thanks again for the welcome.

Could you please post some information about yourselves when you turn green. Let us know what town you are in, or what your hobbies are or maybe your age. What do you like to shoot. Do you need any help getting started?

Not if his intent to foster community spirit and get new people involved. A good idea, I haven't paid too much attention to the profiles section.

That why I asked if it should in private. I thought he was talking about green members.

Seriously, 238 hours?! My first play through was about 94 hours. You hitting all the DLC?

Remember - part 2 comes out 3/5!

Well, I restarted with a couple of different characters, played through the various backgrounds and got a couple of the DLCs and Awakenings.

And yeah, I pre-ordered DA2. I tried to see as much of the areas as I could. Got to make it worth your while.

Hi Bill, My name is Fred. I like blondes,redheads, brunets, that's why I had spent so much time in divorce court[wink], collecting old Russian Rifles, heck I like collecting any kind of milsurp. I have known you for about 30 years and ....well that says it all buddy.
Going to the range to shoot in the spring, summer, fall and winter are my likes.

Last edited:
can't remember if i posted in here since i became green, so here it goes. I'm Mike, 28, lowell firefighter living in Tewksbury. Marine Veteran, NRA life member. started shooting as a kid, and got into it more since i joined the Marines. like fishing, BMX, snowboarding and drag racing. as for firearms, i like them all, i don't judge! im looking to get into reloading and wouldn't mind trying my hand at skeet shooting. if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask

my name is "none of your ****ing business".. if you want info on me i will contact you... otherwise you can search my IP address like every other government agency.

... that good enough ?

Edit : The internet is not a safe place... rinse repeat, repaint....

my name is "none of your ****ing business".. if you want info on me i will contact you... otherwise you can search my IP address like every other government agency.

... that good enough ?

Edit : The internet is not a safe place... rinse repeat, repaint....

a nickname, guns you like.... if you don't feel like you can share, don't, I really don't give a crap who you are, I'm not the Gestapo

ok thats fair. :)

I have an M&P (and "other stuff") ... i like to shoot USPSA... although a child support payment is kicking my ass and reducing my ammo ration...
Ex-veteren...ex defense contractor... anti-tryanny...

I love shooting... i like the humor and cranky people on this site...
i love good rational arguments...

;)

-Roscoe

Hi Bill, My name is Fred. I like blondes, divorce court[wink], collecting old Russian Rifles, heck I like collecting any kind of milsurp. I have known you for about 30 years and ....well that says it all buddy.
Going to the range to shoot in the spring, summer, fall and winter are my likes.

Previous post 2-26-2011

I'm Deez. Deez who? Deez nutz ... That was a funny joke when I was in college. Now I live in Bedford ma. Just bought my first handgun. Want to get into rifles but between med school loans and rent , not much cash left for that. Especially at the prices things are going for now.

Identity hidden as guns are not kosher in medicine for some reason.

ok I'll play
chris, had my ltc for 2.5 years now, lots of toys that go bang. live in somerville, drummer, play too many video games and own too many comic books, just sold my motorcycle and looking for a new cruiser in the spring... looking for more shooting buddies, because my current ones don't belong anywhere and have nothing to shoot that's any fun.

any one else feel like they just wrote a dating profile?

I'm Chris, I'm from medford. I hate Obama and Deval, I take a lot of crap from my family and friends (I'm black BTW) not that it matters, but people assume I voted for those jackasses just because I'm black and if I do t vote for them I'm doing the minorities an injustice [rolleyes]... I also am an army vet. I still serve in a reserve component. I'm a big glock guy, no one can convince me otherwise. Also a glock armorer. I really really want to take up fishing. I just don't know anyone with a boat, rods, or any other tools to go fishing : /

Last edited:
I'll play along and try to make some new friends

My names Chunk...well, my real name's Matt but there are too many Matt's and I havent answered to that name since 2006. I'm 24, live in Freetown, I like to shoot anything I can get my hands on. I like to hunt, fish, ride anything with a motor, be out in the woods doing anything. I work security but just got my hydraulics license so I'm currently looking for a job in that, if you have any leads let me know.

My name is Kevin I'm 31 live in Tewksbury with my wife and two daughters. USMC vet, fairly new to shooting and reloading (2yrs). I'm a member of centralville sportsmanclub. Was big into mustangs and drag racing but got rid of all my toys since I had kids.

As a new member here, I think I've added quite a bit in my profile. I also made an introduction post. I'm curious though, Can non-green's see my profile too? I'm still learning my way around the forum..Anyway I'd would like to say,..and please take this constructively (as the shoe fits), SOMEtimes replies to newbies can be a bit snide, and even caustic, not speaking so much for myself, but I've seen it in a few other new people's posts. I realize that after recent high media notorious crimes, that we in the shooting sports are seen as pariah by some, but lets not become defensive and jaded by this, specially toward other who believe in the letter and spirit of the 2nd amendment, IOW, don't use this energy to roll your eyes and snicker when newbies start threads that you've seen a millions times,..like basics about their first build...where can I get this,..or that, I'm trying to say new posters, green or non, might be a little more interpersonal, if you remembered what it was like when YOU were new here. Don't get me wrong, my experience here has been very friendly, but there's a few here I'd like to give a dope slap too- just saying

funny-dating-profiles-horrible-5.jpg

As a new member here, I think I've added quite a bit in my profile. I also made an introduction post. I'm curious though, Can non-green's see my profile too? I'm still learning my way around the forum..Anyway I'd would like to say,..and please take this constructively (as the shoe fits), SOMEtimes replies to newbies can be a bit snide, and even caustic, not speaking so much for myself, but I've seen it in a few other new people's posts. I realize that after recent high media notorious crimes, that we in the shooting sports are seen as pariah by some, but lets not become defensive and jaded by this, specially toward other who believe in the letter and spirit of the 2nd amendment, IOW, don't use this energy to roll your eyes and snicker when newbies start threads that you've seen a millions times,..like basics about their first build...where can I get this,..or that, I'm trying to say new posters, green or non, might be a little more interpersonal, if you remembered what it was like when YOU were new here. Don't get me wrong, my experience here has been very friendly, but there's a few here I'd like to give a dope slap too- just saying

That's a pretty excellent post right there.

My name is Paul. I work third shift in IT. I've spent several years in the Army and I'm currently in the NH national guard. I just hit 25 years of marriage to the same woman, and have three kids with her. I like to hunt and fish, but never have time for either. I consider myself a Tea Party Republican.

Hey Chris...If you are ever up in the Newburyport area,give me a ring..My daughter and I go striper fishing often...
I'm Chris, I'm from medford. I hate Obama and Deval, I take a lot of crap from my family and friends (I'm black BTW) not that it matters, but people assume I voted for those jackasses just because I'm black and if I do t vote for them I'm doing the minorities an injustice [rolleyes]... I also am an army vet. I still serve in a reserve component. I'm a big glock guy, no one can convince me otherwise. Also a glock armorer. I really really want to take up fishing. I just don't know anyone with a boat, rods, or any other tools to go fishing : /

Now I know there are some high drag low speed operators on this forum. and they choose to protect their identities from the public, but except for you super hero's and a few others who "have to kill you if I told you" personalities, why don't you open up and tell us something about yourselves.

Bill:

I know your intention is benign and laudable, but...

The 'net has created the closest thing to the "Permanent Record" we were all threatened with in childhood (at least those of us who were subjects of the gubmit schools). One of the reasons I violated my usual policy of posting under my real name (which is what I do on other forums), is that here I'm likely to be a bit more candid than in those other places. As it is, in some of the various posts I've made, I've left ample clues as to who I am, where I live, ..., mainly because it was germaine to the conversation. Thus, it would take a determined investigator no more than a couple of minutes' Googling to find out everything about me. Easy, but non-trivial. (And, of course, the guys running group buys I've been in know exactly who I am, since they have to get the stuff to me!)

I'm not worried about the Powers That Be knowing who I am or that I post here. I just assume they know that anyway - besides, I've been on their shit list for years, for a variety of reasons (my politics not being among the least). We are awash in a cultural trend of unrestrained openness. Sometimes, some things are best left behind closed doors. I suspect, soon, more people will begin to realize this. In the meantime, as it becomes expedient for me to share, I'll share.

By the way, you can call me Critter. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom