New Pistol from United Arab Emirates

It sure seems that by looking at the history of the last 100 years or so that most of the peoples on the planet have a good possibility of getting along together. Here in the US we have Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Africans, Jews, Christians, etc. etc. - and for the most part they all get along. And yes - I know we have Muslims too - but it seems that when those Muslims actually try to adhere to the tenets of their religion - everybody else suffers. While all of the other religious and ethnic groups can find some common ground - it sure seems that the only common ground that everybody can find with Muslims is that they must either become Muslim - or they are thought of as dhimmi - as less. I can't think of single other religion whose representatives come out and say that they are here in this country to take over and institute their own laws:
But yet not only is it completely imaginable - and has been imaginable to people for hundreds of years now - that a bunch of Muslims would hijack a plane and fly it into a building - in the name of Muhammed and Allah?

Extremism exists everywhere and in the majority of religions...I nor any muslim that I know has a desire to fly planes into buildings, or to harm anyone in the name of the prophet muhammad or the tenets of Islam.

And please don't try and feed me that religion of peace crap - I remember seeing the bodies falling out of the towers on 9/11 - and a lot of the people who died that day were from this area. If you are going to argue that I am being insulting than please tell me why the following things are almost unimaginable:

- a bunch of Buddhist monks hijacking a plane and flying it into a building and claiming it was done in the name of Buddha

- a bunch of Amish hijacking a plane and flying it into a building and claiming it was done in the name of Christ

- a bunch of Hindus hijacking a plane and flying it into a building and claiming it was done in the name of Ghandhi

- a bunch of Jesuits hijacking a plane and flying it into a building and claiming it was done in the name of Christ.

But yet not only is it completely imaginable - and has been imaginable to people for hundreds of years now - that a bunch of Muslims would hijack a plane and fly it into a building - in the name of Muhammed and Allah?

You are displaying a rather myopic view of recent world events. To imagine Buddhists incapable of terrorist activities, you would have to ignore much recent history in southeast Asia and the Pacific islands. To see Hindu examples, simply read up on India, Sri Lanka and Ceylon. And the centuries-long record of murders, genocide, torture and burnings in the name of Christ is staggering, far outweighing that done in the name of almost any other religion. If I were to judge Christians, Buddhists, Hindus and others as a group for the actions of a few extremists, there's almost no one left to like.

About the only one on your list that hasn't committed some sort of terrorist activity is the Amish. The sad truth is, any religion or philosophy can be used by extremists for their own purposes. History is filled with examples of this very thing. Hateful people will find justification to hate.

I would not buy a pistol, or anything else, made by these people.

And spare me the condescension about oil. I have no control over where the oil used to refine gasoline that I buy came from.

...And the centuries-long record of murders, genocide, torture and burnings in the name of Christ is staggering, far outweighing that done in the name of almost any other religion. If I were to judge Christians, Buddhists, Hindus and others as a group for the actions of a few extremists, there's almost no one left to like.

IIRC, fascists and commies have killed more people than all the other religious
zealots combined.

-Mike

Hmmmm, who knew my post about such a crappo new handgun, which isn't worth our time to discuss, would raise so much discussion over the source of civilization. Go figure.

+1

I was gonna leave this thread unread, but I wanted to see what you had to say, Kevin
On this thread, nothing! I'm leaving it to the experts.
JumpShark.jpg

Last edited:
You are displaying a rather myopic view of recent world events. To imagine Buddhists incapable of terrorist activities, you would have to ignore much recent history in southeast Asia and the Pacific islands. To see Hindu examples, simply read up on India, Sri Lanka and Ceylon. And the centuries-long record of murders, genocide, torture and burnings in the name of Christ is staggering, far outweighing that done in the name of almost any other religion. If I were to judge Christians, Buddhists, Hindus and others as a group for the actions of a few extremists, there's almost no one left to like.

About the only one on your list that hasn't committed some sort of terrorist activity is the Amish. The sad truth is, any religion or philosophy can be used by extremists for their own purposes. History is filled with examples of this very thing. Hateful people will find justification to hate.

I think the big difference here is that while killings allegedly done in the name of Christianity can be attributed to an extremist view of the Christian religions - and most definitely would not have been looked on kindly by the namesake of those religions - killings done in the name of Islam are arguably completely justified in Islamic thought - and the founder of that religion engaged in these behaviors himself. Kind of hard to argue against something that you did yourself and actually argued for.

Back
Top Bottom