New Polymer AR Mag to be released in early 2009

Well, looks like Magpul's PMag is going to get some competition with the Tango Down ARC.

The ultimate polymer magazine has arrived! A true 30-round capacity magazine for the 5.56x 45mm cartridge fits all M16/M4/AR-series/FN SCAR-Light/M-249 weapon systems*. Advanced design and construction allows for the strongest, most reliable combat magazine ever produced.

Proprietary state-of-the-art polymers are combined to allow smooth, dependable feeding in a corrosion-proof unitized body. Oversized feed lips take constant abuse that would easily damage aluminum or steel magazines. Unique low-friction anti-tilt follower combined with a premium spring maintains reliable round delivery. Sealed modular design allows ideal straight-to-radius feed cavity, unavailable on any other polymer magazine.

Additional benefit of modular design means no floor plate to fail upon impact. Magazine body becomes a five-sided box, setting a new standard for strength. Impact that crushes USGI magazines has no effect on the ARC. Magazine cleaning is a snap, requiring no disassembly thanks to the slotted follower. A soft seal joins against the weapon magazine well on insertion to prevent entry of dirt and other contaminants, a crucial bonus in desert warfare**.

We designed in several features that make ARC user-friendly in harsh conditions. Large serrations on the front and back straps eliminate slippage when doing ‘push-pull’ magazine insertions. Deep ribbing on both sides enable a fast, sure grip when retrieving from mag pouches. An Open Water version is available, which features a self-sealing drain tab for OTB operations.

· The ARC magazine is available in several color options, including translucent for visual round count.

· The ARC magazine is manufactured using the latest in polymer Quality Control procedures, guaranteeing properly dimensioned components.

· The ARC will drop free from weapon systems, regardless of origin, and will also seat easily in a bolt-forward weapon with a full 30 rounds.

Note: ARC magazine model ARC/L-001 may not fit some magazine pouches, however custom pouches are available from TangoDown, Inc. Contact TangoDown for details.

* ARC/l-001, -001C magazines will NOT fit H&K model 416 rifles. New model for H&K 416 available soon.

** Military model only, commercial model ARC/L-001C has this feature deleted. ARC/L-001C fits all existing M4 style magazine pouches.

ARC is U.S. and foreign Patent Pending.

But over on M4C.net head of Tango Down has said about the ridge feature:

we are still debating it internally. If we have enough of those left over at any point, we may sell them commercially.

The ridge is not for everyone, but when I was out Predator hunting in Michigan I wished I had something similar to the ridge on my AR.

Last edited:
I like the PMags better. [wink]

But competition is always good. Look what happens when companies just sit on their ass on past accomplishments.

Never had PMags, but always looking to give a new product a shot.

Also, PMags are scarce as hell right now and forseeable future (they give the guys oversee's first dibs on available stock).

I love my PMags and wish I had more than just a dozen of them. The Tango Down mags will have to be great to compete with them.

I love my PMags and wish I had more than just a dozen of them. The Tango Down mags will have to be great to compete with them.

Pat Rodgers and some others have tried these guys out say they will. Pat has an article coming up in the latest SWAT magazine on them.

I will try and stock as many I can get ahold of (Pmags and ARCs)

Reason #65,537 to move the hell out of MA. It's not just the guns, even the ancillary junk is better in free states. [grin]

-Mike

I got 10 pmags from Brownells on the way today and they were ordered on the 1st. Make sure you use the Brownells link at the top of the forum. [wink]

Because some people are stuck in shitty states like MA where if you want something that is practical it is pretty much outlawed as an 'evil feature'.

Yeah, I'm stuck in MA too. My point was, how could any 10 round mag possibly be better than the USGI 30s I already have?

By the time the millions upon millions of prebans are gone, I and a great deal many other MA subjects hope to be way the hell out of Dodge [wink]

Back
Top Bottom