• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Premium Reloading Press from Area 419

Thats pretty slick. I can see a need for that or how it would fill a void
I wish he would have put a dial indicator on the turret so see if there was any movement.
That bench primer isn't inexpensive, but I bet you won't find a more consistent one.

Either P.R.C./ F-Class/ Benchrest has brought out some really high end stuff over the past few years, or its always been around and I've just never paid attention.

I think our friend in the video (Gavin ?) is fortunate this vid was shot from the waist up....pretty sure he had a chubby the entire time ;-)

It looks pretty cool...but I don't really get it....then again I'm *not* a precision/benchrest rifle guy.

This press is probably awesome, this dude is excited for sure. I have been reloading precision rounds and sometimes winning using a Hornady progressive press in its most basic setup. In precision reloading the dies make all of the difference. Match grade lights out ammo can be made on any press with dies like Forster and Redding. The cool thing for me here was learning about the Inline mounting system, I ordered one after watching this video!

That guy definitely gets easily excited, but he's got some good stuff on cartridge comparisons.
I started watching the one on 25 (?) Creedmoor. Some interesting stuff on there for sure.

I've learned more in 10 episodes of listening to Eric Cortina (SP?) than I have in about 12 years. I like how he breaks things down to a barney level.
Really didn't have anyone around to show me rifle reloading, and my attention span is waaaaaaaay to short to go to a class for it.

That guy definitely gets easily excited, but he's got some good stuff on cartridge comparisons.
I started watching the one on 25 (?) Creedmoor. Some interesting stuff on there for sure.

I've learned more in 10 episodes of listening to Eric Cortina (SP?) than I have in about 12 years. I like how he breaks things down to a barney level.
Really didn't have anyone around to show me rifle reloading, and my attention span is waaaaaaaay to short to go to a class for it.

You and me both, I learned everything from those videos.

Gavin gets excited to make money doing this, wish I had the forsight/time/video skills to do that 12 years ago like he did.

Erik Cortina does make it simple and gets you on the KISS path. How I am anyway. im in no way trying tpo shoot 1/4 moa at 600 plus yards since most of my rifles are iron sighted and 65-100+ years old but I have taken 8+ moa rifles with factory ammo and got them down to under 2 moa

Last edited:
yeah I guess when your shooting a $8k+ rifle with $5k plus glass a $1200 turret price is ok.
And the powder drop is another $1400 or so.
And the primer tool, I have no idea what that costs.

Last edited:
Nice,
Funny i would like to see a down range test of ammo loaded with this and the lee classic loader.
Just for fun.
I want to see the press Erik Cortina uses. The guy is up there on F-class and is always advocating for simplicity. For example: He doesn't weight his brass.

I would like to see more companies build progressive presses.

FYI ... now there is an E-class open and E class factory for those interested. I was looking at a Savage F-class rifle at the beginning of the year. I might pull the trigger on that.

And the primer tool, I have no idea what that costs.

About $600.
It does have some nice features.

I want to see the press Erik Cortina uses. The guy is up there on F-class and is always advocating for simplicity. For example: He doesn't weight his brass.

FYI ... now there is an E-class open and E class factory for those interested. I was looking at a Savage F-class rifle at the beginning of the year. I might pull the trigger on that.

Its a co-ax. Looks a Forster and an MEC ( or it looks like it, its all black). Probably has both depending on which vid is up.

E-class looks interesting, and a good place to start. I think P.R.C. has something similar, and theres a "Gas-Gun" class for it.

I would like to see more companies build progressive presses.

little fancy seating press here

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL6ny6MFItE&list=UUianqsXOUlcWAnyTsQ4FlIw&index=12

looks like he has several , looks like he likes the dillon 750s right now

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXY4r1VZSVg&list=UUianqsXOUlcWAnyTsQ4FlIw&index=23&t=1s

Pretty cool press- I like what they have done and it seems like a pretty awesome unit. Maybe sometime after college kids have graduated and I boot them out. Most likely I'll be OK with what I have and they were both free. Old Lyman orange T-Mag 6 position turret that was my Dad's and an ancient Lyman 4 position turret that was free in a NES karma. With proper maintenance and lube, both are capable of producing sub-moa ammo with good dies and components.

I have the same blue K&M arbor press as in the video Mac posted. It was relatively cheap ~$80 a few years ago and works quite well. I think now they are ~$115. Really, it's all about components, case prep, the inline arbor press dies from L.E. Wilson, and load development. Arbor press die kits can be had for under $200, maybe much lower if you are patient. With this relatively inexpensive set up (for a single caliber) it's not that difficult to load 1/2 MOA ammo and with some further case prep and anal retentive technique you can reach 1/4 MOA to 1/3 MOA.

Occasionally I'll enter a benchrest 'fun' match but I don't do organized benchrest nor F-class. I do enjoy getting the best accuracy I can out of old milsurps. Sometimes I'm able to make loads that will do 1-1/8" to 1-1/4" iron sight groups at 100 yards, which is the limit of my eyes and skill on a good day.

Looks very well made. 9 stations is cool but not $1200 cool especially for a manual index press. Dude spent enough time slobbering during the vid that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom