• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Ruger 10/22 Takedown

Not many shops have the 10 22 TD but Hoffmans today had a pile of them. $299 each.
I would rather see the small shops get the sales...But I know people that drive an hour to save $75-100!!
Only think I don't like, is the case has the tell tale LOGO on it that shouts...I have a gun in here!!!!!!!!
They must buy quite a few at one time??

I totally agree! It is a cool looking bag, but I wish they had one for the gun itself without the giant red stitched logo. I was recently looking at one and was on the fence between the TD and the new SR22 pistol. The pistol won this round, but I'm sure the TD will join the collection at some point too.

I totally agree! It is a cool looking bag, but I wish they had one for the gun itself without the giant red stitched logo. I was recently looking at one and was on the fence between the TD and the new SR22 pistol. The pistol won this round, but I'm sure the TD will join the collection at some point too.

Could the stitched logo be picked out easily or would it be a time-consuming pain in the ass that would still leave a visible shape of the logo I wonder? I had the same concern about the bag - can't just sling it over your shoulder discreetly and it seems a bit large to put inside another pack and still have room for anything else.

Put a hello kitty patch over it.
hello-kitty-military-patch.jpg

Hate to rain on all you guys parade.
This had been done before and it does not need to look all TACTICOOL.
All you guys who want a Ruger 10/22 takedown 22LR rifle are just a bunch of wanna bee's.
Besides it only works with your factory barrel, so you can't use that Kidd match grade model.
Anybody want's a real takedown 22LR rifle there has been a real one made for years now.
It's called the Browning SA-22 and it was designed by master gunsmith JMB.
Tube feed and bottom eject with quality wood & steel as the man didn't design junk.
You won't find it with some damn plastic stock with stainless steel.
The SA-22 has better smoother lines and does not use magazines, so it being tube fed means less crap to pack around.
smitty

Anybody want's a real takedown 22LR rifle there has been a real one made for years now.
It's called the Browning SA-22 and it was designed by master gunsmith JMB.

I won't argue with you on that, the Browning is certainly a fine rifle, but it's nearly twice the cost of the Ruger.
If I were to take a .22 semi into the woods to beat around with, I'd rather have the plastic and stainless, and keep the Browning scratch free in the safe.

I won't argue with you on that, the Browning is certainly a fine rifle, but it's nearly twice the cost of the Ruger.
If I were to take a .22 semi into the woods to beat around with, I'd rather have the plastic and stainless, and keep the Browning scratch free in the safe.

I totally agree. For it's intended purpose you really can't beat rust free stainless and a plastic stock that won't be wrecked if it gets wet. Having the removable mags can be a pain because it's extra hardware to pack, but you have the upside of available high cap mags for the 10-22, which balances out that minor downside. So many cool guns, so little money...

What is the LGS price on these things now? I am thinking of getting one. I may need to find a gun store open today as well and see if they have one in stock.

Last edited:
When I went to the Marlborough show the guy in the booth was trying to sell me "his last one" for $389. A few weeks later I got mine for $325. I'm sure others have found them at better prices.

Stateline in Mason NH is having 10% off yesterday & today. No sure if they have one. Ruger has one on display.

tried my local gun shop a week back, zero available, zero idea when they could get one. very interested in getting one, not even price shopping, just trying to find one in stock within reasonable driving distance. ront

Saw these at the Springfield gun show for ~$300...one for $306...

Bobs Archery has one for $329
https://www.bobsga.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=20&product_id=303

And Pullman arms just sold one for $320
http://pullmanarms.com/guns/long-guns/

Was there another GS at the Big E recently?

- - - Updated - - -

tried my local gun shop a week back, zero available, zero idea when they could get one. very interested in getting one, not even price shopping, just trying to find one in stock within reasonable driving distance. ront

If you put your location, you might have better luck with recommendations as to "reasonable driving distance".

Anybody have this in stock and are open tomorrow?? Finally convinced myself to buy a .22

Buy the Ruger TALO special edition.

http://ruger.com/index.html

FS has it for $350. They may even have the regular TakeDown as well. Give them a call. A few people here have bought that special one from FS this week.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/168058-Ruger-10-22-TakeDown-TALO-Edition

Scroll to last few pages

- - - Updated - - -

I bought mine at Bob's last month for $300. (the regular takedown) He's on vaca though, so you won't be going there.

- - - Updated - - -

You could buy the SR22. That is one fun gun to shoot as well. I have both if you want to try them out first.

Buy the Ruger TALO special edition.

http://ruger.com/index.html

FS has it for $350. They may even have the regular TakeDown as well. Give them a call. A few people here have bought that special one from FS this week.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/168058-Ruger-10-22-TakeDown-TALO-Edition

Scroll to last few pages

- - - Updated - - -

I bought mine at Bob's last month for $300. (the regular takedown) He's on vaca though, so you won't be going there.

- - - Updated - - -

You could buy the SR22. That is one fun gun to shoot as well. I have both if you want to try them out first.
I think I may hit up FS since I have a gift certificate I need to spend there.
The Talo is pretty unique, but think I might prefer the regular one if they had it. I cant find it on their website, but it seems they still have the Talo one in stock.

Yeah I know they have some TALO's in stock, not sure about the regular version. They may. I think they open at 9am tomorrow. Someone should have it in stock. If you want to go to FS though, you may be limited right now. I know they do have the SR22 and TALO in stock though. Good luck. I love .22's.

I saw the back pack on display yesterday morning at flint arms in fallriver i assume they have one!

Back
Top Bottom