New S&W model 41 for me

Here's my new toy. A 95% model 41 ready for bullseye matches.
sw41008.jpg

I had the day off and spent it browsing local shops and just couldn't go home empty handed. $600 used, but mint.[grin]

Nice snag!

When I was searching for a gun for bullseye competition, I went the cheap route and picked up a 41 for $300. Of course, it had to go back to S&W three times before they finally got it working right. That was five years ago, and I haven't had a problem since.

If yours is like all the other 41's out there, it will shoot better than you. I could never understand the folks who run out and spend big $$ for a Pardini or some other high end gun when they should really be spending their money on more ammo so they can get more practice in!

I got my 5 inch 2004 for $650 and ordered new grips for it from S&W and I also got a bunch of extra mags for it.

Their great target pistols, the only problem with them is their so accurate and so much fun to shoot, you don't know when to stop.

I shoot at least a 100 a week out of mine.

Thats what I should be getting for my .22 - a little more then I was thinking of spending but a lifetime of enjoyment and use.

If yours is like all the other 41's out there, it will shoot better than you. I could never understand the folks who run out and spend big $$ for a Pardini or some other high end gun when they should really be spending their money on more ammo so they can get more practice in!

Having tried a friend's Pardini I could understand. The angle of the grip is different and the balance is different. If those things make a difference to you then it's worth it. I found I shot about the same. But I think my friend (and you know who he is [smile] ) has improved his shooting by about 20 points. For him it was worth it.

Back
Top Bottom