• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Scrap Lead Source

I remember someone on this board mentioning that ankle weights were filled with lead. I tried to find the OP but couldnt. So I was yard saleing this morning and came across a set of Everlast ankle weights (see attached photo). They felt a bit light to be filled with lead and I figured they were filled with sand. For a $1 I gave it a shot. I got home and slit one open and they were filled with lead shot! Its not a consistent size like bird shot would be, so I guess I would have to melt it down to be of any use. But I figure I made out OK on the deal. [grin]

Attachments

• DSC00492.jpg
    DSC00492.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 36
Good deal.

You can always take a grapple hook down to the Salisbury Beach State Reservation and give a few throws out in the mussel beds to get the lost lines with weights from surf casters. I find it fun to do on those days I do not wish to fish. I have pulled close to 50#'s out of the Merrimack, and also all the 1000's of feet of line from going into the Atlantic waters kinda makes me happy.

Back
Top Bottom