• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Showtime Reality Series "Lock 'n Load"

nice find
looks like an interesting show. I surely will keep an eye out for a release date.

they had that show on the semour butts guy, and penn and teller... how bad
could it be for us...

LOCK 'N LOAD is a six-part reality series offering viewers a fly on the wall experience at "The Shootist" gun store in Englewood, Colorado. Salesman Josh T. Ryan is always in full-on pitch mode and for every gun sold by this expert gunslinger at this family-owned store, there's a fascinating story and a fascinating buyer.

LOCK 'N LOAD doesn't take sides or argue a political perspective. Instead, viewers on both sides of the issue will be able to watch Ryan, a born salesman, wield his patented quick-draw humor and inherent likeability in each exchange, making jokes and big-ticket deals over the blasts echoing from the firing range down below. And all is done before hidden cameras which will only be revealed after the transaction is completed in order to insure a particularly candid and compelling point of view. America is and will probably always be fascinated with the gun culture in our country and this show will help to explain why.

No date yet, but they claim not to take sides.
Well, I should give them a fair trial before I hang them [laugh], but the history of the media on this issue has been abysmal...

When they want "the other side" of the gun issue, they seem to drive off the map until they hear banjos (no offense to banjo players everywhere [laugh]) and grab someone who lives in the middle of nowhere...

Instead, they should juxtapose two people who live in similar or the same area - like the burbs of a generally anti-gun place... NY, CA, MA, etc....

Then there is the hypocrisy of the gun-owning and armed-body-guarded gun banners - they don't tackle that issue very often if at all...

Last edited:
This is going to be good. There is a whole generation of young adults out there that grew up with first person shooter video games, yet they have not held a real firearm in their hands yet. They were brain washed when little in school, but are older now and can make their own informed decisions. Maybe this can start a stampede for gun club memberships and LTC applications!

I wish we could get ESPN to cover some shooting sports competitions!

I have a feeling this is going to turn out bad. Normal transactions aren't going to make it to the big screen. The odd ones are.

I just hope they dont show "billy-bob" with 3 teeth talking about his gun collection and shooting his dinner.

Hopefully they will show people with high morals and intellect. Also, I hope they focus in on all of the crimes guns have prevented.

No, let's hope they show lots of sophisticated, urban "Tactic-Kool" wannbes who spout lines from "Red Dawn" and "Die Hard".

The "Billy-Bob's" that highly advanced city dwellers so love to disparage grow up with firearms and yeah, they can shoot their dinner as needed.
They also have widespread ownership with none of the crime and issues that seem to plague America's urban dwellers.

lock n load was on last weekend with R Lee Ermy as host. It was about cannons and artillery.

It was pretty good. With Ermy as host, it'll stay good.

thats what i thought this thread was going to be about. the one with R Lee Ermey is on right now on the history ch.

edit: actually the one thats on now is the same one that was on a couple of days ago. this one is "artillery"

edit #2: after reading all the posts looks like you guys are already on top of it...lol

Last edited:
Oops, I forgot about the ShowTime show...

Looks like a little naming confusion... Indeed, the History Channel version with R Lee is the one that was on tonight...

Great stuff...

I wish we could get ESPN to cover some shooting sports competitions!
I asked someone in the business of producing such shows (quite successfully - his firm has had shows on several of the name brand cable networks) about this. He explained that since the Disney buyout, ESPN has had a strict policy that no sporting events involving the use of handguns may be covered by that network.

Just saw the Showtime trailer - the one with Billy-Bob kissing his AR-15....

This looks like a film version of the book "Armed America." Let's see how may whack jobs and hillbillies we can cram into one place, while appearing to be "fair and balanced."

More of the same, I'm afraid.

thats what i thought this thread was going to be about. the one with R Lee Ermey is on right now on the history ch.

Yeah, me too, I almost responded until I realized that obviously, the Showtime exhibition was not the "History Channel" show, and has the potential to be just another video diatribe.

Good Ol' R. Lee never disappoints however.

It appears that they've let him get a tad more colorful with his speech. In both the Cannon (Artillery) program, and the Machine Gun program, I heard him say some things that I never heard on "Mail Call".

I actually heard a "dickweed" sneak in there somewhere. And his dead-on description of the chronically jamming French Chauchat LMG being used in the trenches of WWI with that open-sided magazine (American version .30-06 and French 8mm Lebel ...Lewis and BAR to the rescue) ...pretty humorous, and surprisingly frank. "Machine Guns" was great viewing, though I figured that Gunny would be pecking at that third wood panel with a BAR ...attempting to write his sig ..."G" like he did with the other MGs.

"Pistols" should prove interesting.

One of my favorite "military" jokes:

For Sale One Military French 8mm Lebel Rifle
near mint condition ...two small dings
used in two World Wars
never fired
only dropped twice.

God, I love that joke.

When they want "the other side" of the gun issue, they seem to drive off the map until they hear banjos (no offense to banjo players everywhere [laugh]) and grab someone who lives in the middle of nowhere...

Yeah, good point. Its always "we are going to compare Mr. New York City high power lawyer to redneck hick man from Tennessee with more guns than teeth in his mouth."

Normal transactions aren't going to make it to the big screen.

That was my thought. Who'd tune in to watch normal people buying firearms without much incident? Well, ok, we probably would [wink] But it wouldn't make for a successful show. The only way they can draw any kind of audience is to show the buyers, or the seller, or both as freaks.

My prediction: We see at least one 'anguished' soccer mom type buying a handgun and then acting like it's a snake or something immediatly followed by the biggest red-neck supremist type they can find buying an EBR. [angry]

Don't you just love how distraught the reviewer is over the fact that the filming didn't conform to his stereotypical view of gun freaks?

Back
Top Bottom