New smart gun law

I have said this before and I'll say it again, this technology should be completely vetted. To do this we need to have ALL law enforcement armed with these types of weapons. If the police find this tech unreliable then don't force it on "we the people". (Note: I am not cop bashing and I don't want to see any officers get hurt but these moonbats constantly tell us the police are professionals and we are not. So let the pros vet these.)

I know several people that have a carry gun and ammo that is identical to their local LEO's, I guarantee if the cops use these their sales will grow (remember how Glock used this model). If they find pitfalls (as I suspect they will) to this tech, fine, don't use them and again, don't force us to either.

I have a friend in VA. that says he wants one if he can find it. He would never carry it he just thinks it would be a cool investment. While I think it is a large waste of cash, he probably makes a lot more than me. He hasn't pulled the trigger yet probably because very few gun stores will sell one due to the fear of losing customers.

It would also “provide reimbursement to manufacturers for the costs of retrofitting handguns through the Department of Justice Assets Forfeiture Fund.”
This law seems to be one big giant pile of unconstitutionality.

It would also “provide reimbursement to manufacturers for the costs of retrofitting handguns ....”

Indicating that they already know, some ten years out, that it won't be economically viable...

ETA: Beat me to it-

Yeah, I was just about to comment on that. "We're going to fund this by stealing people's property." GMAFB.

I think it's time we gun owners turned our love for the second amendment into a registered religion.....And with firearms and ammunition as our idols we should be able to restrict the governments control over our religion...

I would hate for a gun to malfunction when I needed it, do not add to the possibility of a malfunction, by using a "smart gun". Your life could be on the line, and your going to trust a circuit board and the components of said ckt bd, with your life? Tiny little resistors, capacitors, Integrated circuits, are all very prone to malfunction, be it sooner or later. Water, humidity, cold, heat , vibration, dropping the gun, how about just firing the gun, anything and everything can and will go wrong with this technology. Do not fix it, unless it is broken.

They know it won't pass. They do this to get votes on record and pad their "authored bills" count.

1.He was against the disclosure of lobbying rules
2.He voted to double the Federal Gas Tax
3.He voted against a Balanced Budget Amendment
4.Voted for TARP
5.Voted for the Stimulus
6.Voted against doubling the Child Tax Credit to $1,000, and eliminating the Marriage Penalty
7.Voted twice against an amendment requiring a two-thirds majority – in both the House and Senate – to raise taxes
8.Voted against Clinton’s welfare reforms
9.Voted to increase his own ay by 40%
10.Voted for Obamacare

11.Has an affinity for raising the debt ceiling (voted 31 times for it)
Markey is a piece of shit.

I giggled a little. In ten years we'll all be making whatever guns we want on our 3d printers over an encrypted network.

Why don't we get someone to file a bill to outlaw the mandate of any smart gun technology as a disenfranchisement of personal protection rights under the second amendment? While we're at it, No voter ID, No firearms ID. All rights are equal in the eyes of the law. That ought to open some interesting discussion in an election cycle.

How long before some idiot makes a video with an unauthorized user pulling the trigger while pointed at owners head and ventilates? Lol

Question 1 how many gun owners want and support this? Question 2 how many gun owners will buy one? Question 3 if a major maker such as smith and Wesson did this how fast would sales plummet? Question 4 if a major manufacturer like that tried this and went under how many others would get on this bandwagon? Question 5 do you really think this is going anywhere based on the logical answers to the above questions laws or no laws? It's still a free market and how many shops would even sell this in fear.of being boycotted? And that's just the plastic people imagine if they tried to make Beretta or sig cut this into a steel grip they'd have to throw out every press mold and redo their grips. They can try all they want it ain't happening the market won't allow it. The 22 looked cool as hell but I'm not buying an 1800 dollar 22 when we all know about how finicky those are to begin with. Now for 600 maybe but I'd get one for the same reason I buy any other gun because it looks cool. But everyone needs to relax on this it won't happen they cannot sell enough to make enough to keep them in business. And if a major company does this they are out of business. Plus you forget the international market glock sig etc isn't changing their design for the American market only I know we are the biggest market by far but one pistol for us and one for the rest of the world is a pain in the ass.

I have always said, I will CONSIDER buying one of these in addition to my 'old fashioned guns' AFTER every single member of the police and military excluisively use them. If its good for them then it would be ok for me. Though at that point my 'old fashioned' handguns will be like a black powder pistol today, nothing saying you cant carry a brace of BP pistols if you really want...

And all this time I thought I already had a smart gun
1, It ejects the spent casing, Letting me know a bullet went down range
2, Slide goes forward and lock's, Letting me know to repeat step one
Smart enough for me..........

Back
Top Bottom