New to Northeast Shooters!

Hey yall just wanting to say hi to all the members here. Im a 22 year old male from Cape Cod, new to the whole gun scene(well maybe except for a couple bb guns when I was little) I was raised Christain, Im a Republican and love my country dearly.

My father is a WW2 vet (he wasn't shooting blanks in his old age if you know what I mean) he's the one who got me into guns being an NRA member his whole life, funny thing is we never had a real firearm in the house we just stood for the 2nd admendment and what it truly meant as Charlton Heston best put it
"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."

Now with all that politico jargon aside I'd also like to add that I love cars and engines Im a HUGE golfer (my passion and life) work at a course on Cape. It would be cool hit me up with a PM if you live on Cape Cod I'd love to get a shooting partner...Im in the process of getting my LTC this Spring. For my first handgun Im really liking those Springfield XDM but thats another topic P.S. members I WILL USE THE SEARCH BUTTON WISELY I KNOW IT IS MY FRIEND lol

The Dude Abides
God Bless America.

Welcome. Since you brought up golfing, I'm sure there a few golfers here. Putting and shooting are a lot alike, I have noticed. I'm not a golfer myself though. To find other golfers, you could do a search or if nothing comes up, you could find others by posting in the Off Topic section. You are sure to find lots of cool friends here!

Wow XDM hard to get in Mass? (loaded chamber indicator, striker indicator, grip safety, USA trigger) is it the hi cap mag?

Doesn't matter. Springfield doesn't want to play ball (actually, I can't even say that, if it was a ball game it would have rules, and the AG doesn't follow rules, just makes them up as he/she/it goes along. ) with the AG or get any of their guns on the EOPS roster. The only way you'll (probably) find an XDM in MA is if someone is selling one on a private sale, which is legal.

See the handgun compliance funhouse faq here:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37553

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. Springfield doesn't want to play ball (actually, I can't even say that, if it was a ball game it would have rules, and the AG doesn't follow rules, just makes them up
as he/she/it goes along. ) with the AG or get any of their guns on the EOPS roster. The only way you'll (probably) find an XDM in MA is if someone is selling one on a private sale, which is legal.

See the handgun compliance funhouse faq here:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37553

Thanks for all the good links drgrant you are a fountain of knowledge [wink]

Welcome aboard from another (relativly) young child of a WWII vet!

Haha I know right..You should hear some of the stories he's told me and my buddys when were in highschool..def not appropriate for the forum [smile]. But yeah he was 18 stationed in Japan and was there after they dropped the bomb. His second marriage, I have three half brothers around my moms age ([laugh2] i know my dads a playa. In fact one worked for guns and ammo most his life.

I have a couple questions what is "going green" mean?

Haha I know right..You should hear some of the stories he's told me and my buddys when were in highschool..def not appropriate for the forum [smile]. But yeah he was 18 stationed in Japan and was there after they dropped the bomb. His second marriage, I have three half brothers around my moms age ([laugh2] i know my dads a playa. In fact one worked for guns and ammo most his life.

I have a couple questions what is "going green" mean?
It means you paid the $19 to get into the cool kids club, which it looks like you already did. Now you can come to all the NES shoots, take part in the group buys, and post in the super secret members forum [wink]. I suggest if you're free next Saturday that you look up the thread in the members forum about a gathering we have going on down by the cape.

Oh sweet, yea I was trying to post and didnt know I had to be "green" so I paid Im not a forum lurker.

My other question is why people put screw drivers markers or other objects through the trigger of the gun when they take pictures of it?

Oh sweet, yea I was trying to post and didnt know I had to be "green" so I paid Im not a forum lurker.

My other question is why people put screw drivers markers or other objects through the trigger of the gun when they take pictures of it?
You don't have to be a green member to post, just to post in the members forum.

People use objects to change the angle and enhance the picture of said gun.

Back
Top Bottom