• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New to the board

New to Northeastshooters, welcome all.

I am N1XF when I am on the air, which isn't too often nowadays. I got on a "CW Only Kick" earlier last year, but didn't get too far. I need to blow the dust off my Elecrafts (K1 & K2) and get back on the air at some point.

Welcome to the board. I got on the CW bandwagon a while ago and am starting to have fun with it. Last weekend I was cabin-camping with the scouts (which is really booring for the adults) and threw a 20M end fed antenna into a tree and played with my QRP rig. Big fun in a little package.

Last week cabin camping in Lyman, ME by any chance?

My son was supposed to go camping last weekend, but we didn't find out until the last moment.

SW of Boston at the Sayer scout reservation in Milton, MA. I only played for about 45 minutes and the 20M band was kind of quiet so I didn't make any contacts but it was fun and good practice getting the wire antenna in a tree and setting up a portable station.

Tomorrow my son and I go to the ham club in Gloucester for the weekly Morse class they put on each winter. Then we'll probably stay because this is Winter Field Day.

Back
Top Bottom