New toy for the military

some flaws i see,
1. it not man portable.
2. The barrel is somewheres near 17-24 inches off the ground, that would provide a pretty dismal line of sight on all but the flattest of debris-free terrains. I would imagine you would be blind on rolling earth, tall grass, etc.
3. the weapon is fixed onto the platform and cannot move independently to the left or right from the direction its supporting platform is facing. Therefore you cant put fire on target and move unless you are moving directly twords or away from that target..
This combined with a 15-20 degree max up/down travel distance translates into a vulnerability when travelling up/down stairs or steep inclines/declines.

I would imagine just about about anyone with the time, money, electronics/micro controller programming skills, and a machine gun permit could have made something similar.
I'm not impressed. it seems poorly designed and way behind the technology curve. This strikes me as as a weapons system with very limited usability.
I want to see what they are really working on, this thing has to be press fodder.

I would imagine just about about anyone with the time, money, electronics/micro controller programming skills, and a machine gun permit could have made something similar.
I'm not impressed. it seems poorly designed and way behind the technology curve. This strikes me as as a weapons system with very limited usability.
I want to see what they are really working on, this thing has to be press fodder.

And we should have had the flying car 15 years ago, the water engine and be planning the second Jupiter mission, but alas I am still waiting[grin]

Is there any reason I can't make my own ? maybe a RC truck , a laptop camera and a ruger 10/22 ... or an AR15 ..

I doubt they'll let me shoot it at Danvers Fish & Game , though.

Back
Top Bottom