• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Toy, Maxim 9

Just got this in today and hopefully I can take it to the range tomorrow. I wish I could fine some subsonic 9mm for it but it hard to find any 9mm at the moment. When I hold it I feel like Robocop or Judge Dredd. The thing is kind of heavy but seems balanced. Not to front heavy. They do make a holster for it so you could carry it if you wanted to. My wife looked at it and said " That's Ugly". I agree with her, but it's ugly in a cool way.

Last edited:
I rented one once, it was fun to shoot, the balance was good on it. I wasn't a huge fan of the trigger, but it was a heavily used rental so I wont blame the gun on that

I have been thinking about it. They so make a nice leather holster for it

I rented one once, it was fun to shoot, the balance was good on it. I wasn't a huge fan of the trigger, but it was a heavily used rental so I wont blame the gun on that

You are correct the trigger does suck. I read a bunch about the gun online and that was the biggest complain about it. Someone does make a spring kit for the trigger to make it better.

I shot it today with some 115 grain ammo, all I had. I tried a couple of shots without hearing protection and it was bearable. I would like to try some subsonic ammo and see what that's like. The gun is fun to shoot, not much recoil as the only part that moves is the back half of the slide. It has good balance. I think its a keeper.

subsonic 9mm is pretty quiet out of a suppressor, but the gasses will still 'bark' from the open chamber when the slide unlocks.

Back
Top Bottom