New toy.

Because sometimes you just feel like getting one.

1669576166705.png

Always had a soft spot for DW revolvers ("Yeah, but the soft spot is in your head"). Touch of muzzle wear, the 1.3x Bushnell scope is nothing to write home about, and I think a gorilla screwed the barrel nut down, but past those .....

Because sometimes you just feel like getting one.

View attachment 691390

Always had a soft spot for DW revolvers ("Yeah, but the soft spot is in your head"). Touch of muzzle wear, the 1.3x Bushnell scope is nothing to write home about, and I think a gorilla screwed the barrel nut down, but past those .....
Niiice!
Get an EWK wrench if you don’t already. Best DW wrench you can get.

Have the old school DW wrench from 1981 when I bought my first DW, but I had already ordered the EWK one earlier today when I realized just how tightly the barrel nut is wound on.

Been a customer of EWK in the past, and I expect to be again in the future. ;)
Niice! Were you able to get the nut off? If not, hoping the previous owner didn’t use loctite

Niice! Were you able to get the nut off? If not, hoping the previous owner didn’t use loctite
Not yet. So far tried soaking for hours with penetrant and hitting it with a heat gun. I'm going to wait for the EWK wrench to show up before applying more force or trying the C-clamp routine.

Loctite crossed my mind. :rolleyes:

Also. If you want any extra barrel assemblies, they’re 20% off on the DW/CZ webstore. Code CZUSA20%
Tempting! My original is a 6" and now I have the 8". Really tempted to add a 4". The 2", well, um ....

Not yet. So far tried soaking for hours with penetrant and hitting it with a heat gun. I'm going to wait for the EWK wrench to show up before applying more force or trying the C-clamp routine.

Loctite crossed my mind. :rolleyes:

Tempting! My original is a 6" and now I have the 8". Really tempted to add a 4". The 2", well, um ....
You may need a soldering iron to heat up just the barrel nut? I think there are some threads on the DW forum discussing how to get stubborn nuts off.

I’ve got the 2.5, 6, and 8" barrels for my 715. You should buy the 2.5. Save like $40 which is nice

Just read up on the C clamp method. Forgot about that. I bet you’ll get it off with the EWK wrench. You can get some good torque with that

Back
Top Bottom