NEW WASHER RECOMENDATIONS ?

Didn't read this thread but nothing out there...unless it is green...avocado green...and old...like real old...like older than you old...that's the only one that will last...

Should never gave up our set..."had to have new" vs. the ugly hand-me-down when we moved into a new house 20+ years ago...probably on our 4th or 5th of those "new" ones...

Old ones are probably still spinning...

:oops:
The older the better. I have the original Kenmore washer (contractor grade) from when I built my house 33 years ago. The only thing I have had to replace was the water level switch, that's it.

The problem with new appliances is the control panels, which eventually go bad. And when it does the cost for the part alone can exceed 50% of replacement cost for the appliance (the deal breaker for me).

The older appliances are so much simpler and affordable to repair.

Our Bosch front loader collected black mold on the door seal from day one. Wife could have earned a degree in Chemical Engineering trying to make it go away. No more front loaders for us
We had that problem with ours, it was an easy fix. When done don’t close the door, leave it open and let it dry out, then close the door.

If you don't want LG or Samsung (8 0f the top 10) the top-rated top loaders from CR are:

GE Profile PTW705BSTWS
Maytag MVW8230HC
GE GTW465ASNWW
GE Profile PTW605BSRWS
GE GTW725BSNWS
Whirlpool WTW8127LC
Speed Queen TR7003WN

Most reliable are:
Speed Queen TR7003WN
Hotpoint HTW240ASKWS
Amana NTW4516FW

Back