• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Year, New Gun Laws

I don't know if they'll fall but they certainly won't increase. All the chicke little anti's always run around saying there will be blood in the streets and it never happens. They look like fools every time. With the maine constitutional carry they said it would lead to the wild west. Anyone hear anything since oct 15 on the gun violence epidemic in maine? Me neither.

Betcha gun crimes fall like a stone in TX now

Bullshit! Crime will skyrocket. There is going to be blood on the streets and nobody will be safe. Oh Noes the children!

onoz_omg.gif

Betcha gun crimes fall like a stone in TX now

I bet nothing happens. I don't like my rights predicated on crime rates anyways, something that's not really well linked to guns generically. That's a dangerous road to go down politically. The south has a lot of shitholes in it with minimal gun laws. The difference there is at least innocent people are not rendered completely defenseless by government, which at least is a less morally objectionable situation compared to being in a BDC like say, Baltimore, without a gun.

Anything coming for MA? I know we had some last year.

New laws? Do they do laws here? I got the impression they favored extra judicial proclamations from the Attorney General's office.

Which is apparently fine with the Pols, anything that they do not have to actually step up and stick their names on is good by them. That's the same attitude that gets us things like utility rate hikes by nameless-faceless committee rather than by an approval vote. They have to save their time for voting on important stuff like naming the official state mollusk (the Wrinkled Whelk), and salary increases for their cousins (sorry Beacon Hill I know that should read "staff") .

I bet nothing happens. I don't like my rights predicated on crime rates anyways, something that's not really well linked to guns generically. That's a dangerous road to go down politically. The south has a lot of shitholes in it with minimal gun laws. The difference there is at least innocent people are not rendered completely defenseless by government, which at least is a less morally objectionable situation compared to being in a BDC like say, Baltimore, without a gun.

Not a fan of when we pull out stats either. A lot of pro 2a peeps quote FBI stats. Why do I need a stat to tell me what I can and can't do? Especially one from a .gov?

I predict that after the initial panty wetting hysteria and flurry of 30:07 signs, nothing much will happen. In a couple of years the 30:07 signs will start to come down in most areas that aren't in big cities. The effect will be pretty much what it would be if open carry became legal (yeah, I know) here. That is people won't be charged criminally if the wind blows their jacket open, their sweatshirt rides up, or they have unsightly bulges.

Back
Top Bottom