• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New York Democrats ban gun shows on Westchester County property

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Westchester County Center gun show ban: Now it's a law
WHITE PLAINS – Westchester County lawmakers passed a law Monday that bans gun shows on county-owned property, ending a lengthy debate that centered on the Westchester County Center.

The ban, which passed in a 12-5 vote, doesn’t apply to gun shows on properties that the county doesn't own. None of the five Republican county legislators voted for the ban.

Legislator Catherine Borgia, an Ossining Democrat, said the ban came out of the thought that county government shouldn't profit from the sale of firearms. She said the law wasn't about contesting legal gun ownership.

If it becomes politically expedient, but there are no 1A- and 4A-related "shows."

I wonder what would happen if you tried to run a show where vendors sold encrypted radios and "dark web" stuff to facilitate communication, along with mil-spec data encryption for computers and phones.

I see safes with self-destruct features where they incinerate all paperwork inside if they're not opened correctly.

Legislator Catherine Borgia, an Ossining Democrat, said the ban came out of the thought that county government shouldn't profit from the sale of firearms. She said the law wasn't about contesting legal gun ownership.

The country government is perfectly happy to profit from all sorts of other things like theft of personal property and ever-increasing fines and fees... but renting a building is a bridge too far?

It's not like the government is making money off the sales, they're making money off the renal of the space. (regardless of how much is sold)

The country government is perfectly happy to profit from all sorts of other things like theft of personal property and ever-increasing fines and fees... but renting a building is a bridge too far?

It's not like the government is making money off the sales, they're making money off the renal of the space. (regardless of how much is sold)
If the following article is to be believed, gun show organizers gave Borgia the leverage she needed:
Majority Leader Catherine Borgia’s Rebuttal to Westchester County Executive Astorino’s State of the County - Yonkers Tribune.
While Mr. Astorino welcomed and justifies a Gun Show where Nazi and Confederate Memorabilia were sold, we stood with thousands of taxpayers against the misuse of our County facilities.

12 to 5 vote along party lines to kill the guns shows. Hmmmm. I wonder which party voted to ban the shows and which party voted to keep them? [thinking]

12 to 5 vote along party lines to kill the guns shows. Hmmmm. I wonder which party voted to ban the shows and which party voted to keep them? [thinking]
Wonder if the Republicucks would've voted differently if there was a tie. Their MO is to lose then ask for money, most of them agree with the c***s across the aisle.

Back
Top Bottom