New York expands 'gun free zones' to encompass huge parts of cities

lol smart. Why not just make the 'gun-free radius' around schools, parks, hospitals, etc. a mile so the whole city is now 'gun-free'.

According to the Daily News link above "There are exceptions for active and retired law enforcement personnel as well as those who work or live in a zone, who can still keep a gun on them if they have a permit to carry, though the weapon must be stored in a lockbox at all times while in a zone, according to Hochul’s office." So, how can you keep your gun on you and stored in a lockbox at all times. Do you need to be in your safe with your gun if you are in the zone! Also, if one has a permit as a street performer or sidewalk vendor what do you do when some creep hold you up......sorry, please wait, I need to unlock my lockbox and get out my legally owned gun to defend myself! Ugh, I only visited NY once since 911 and I don't think I will ever go back. Your bed, you made it, you sleep in it.

One more article- judge decision as hypocritical as it can be. Potentially unconstitutional but ok to stand.

In essence, the plaintiff named as the aggrieved gun-owner -- a Schenectady man who wished to carry his gun for protection virtually everywhere -- hadn’t actually been subject to any prosecution yet because the law hadn’t gone into effect, Suddaby wrote. The gun groups hadn’t shown they were actually harmed by the law, either, the judge wrote. And the defendant, the state police superintendent, wasn’t actually the one in charge of carrying out many of the law’s provisions, Suddaby added…

But Suddaby’s 78-page decision signaled that the state may have a tough road ahead. While acknowledging that his opinion on the law’s constitutionality did not matter right now, Suddaby strongly signaled that several licensing requirements will face scrutiny in the future. In regards to the state’s requirement of “good moral character,” Suddaby opined that such “vague, subjective” criteria should not be allowed and that objective criteria like background checks, fingerprinting, a mental health check and training were more effective. In regards to the disclosure of social media accounts, Suddaby opined that such a requirement could endanger a law-abiding citizen’s First Amendment right to free speech. He also questioned whether such a disclosure could also violate someone’s Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination -- after all, what if someone disclosed information that turned out to be criminal
?”

No injunction issued due to “technicalities” but the judge issued an instruction set on what to come back with once standing can be established.

According to the Daily News link above "There are exceptions for active and retired law enforcement personnel as well as those who work or live in a zone, who can still keep a gun on them if they have a permit to carry, though the weapon must be stored in a lockbox at all times while in a zone, according to Hochul’s office." So, how can you keep your gun on you and stored in a lockbox at all times. Do you need to be in your safe with your gun if you are in the zone! Also, if one has a permit as a street performer or sidewalk vendor what do you do when some creep hold you up......sorry, please wait, I need to unlock my lockbox and get out my legally owned gun to defend myself! Ugh, I only visited NY once since 911 and I don't think I will ever go back. Your bed, you made it, you sleep in it.
D1493E48-B6F2-4BCB-8BD0-75C7D7D13154.jpeg

That "retired law enforcement" bit is a real slap in the face to the rest of us. A retired cop is an ex-cop, a lowly civilian like the rest of us. Retired military certainly do not get this perk, why should a retired cop?

So criminals will still rob, rape and murder and we cant defend ourselves. I will avoid that shit hole the rest of my life.

Are you daft?? Regular citizens are not criminals. The only criminals out there are people that want CCW. Isn't that obvious??? If we don't allow guns, no on gets shot. If we allow people who would otherwise NOT just shoot shit up to carry, shit will get shot up. You can't help yourself. You'll do a school-pop or something. Then you'll rob a bodega just for kicks. Maybe talk to some skell's. Maybe talk about time in Spoffid and Rykiz. Oh wait. Now I'm channelling about 32 episodes of NYPD Blue. LOL

That "retired law enforcement" bit is a real slap in the face to the rest of us. A retired cop is an ex-cop, a lowly civilian like the rest of us. Retired military certainly do not get this perk, why should a retired cop?
All LE are future former-LE although more are ex-LE (quit) than retired-LE. Even cops have pecking orders. Quit-in-good-standing LE is an iffy lot wrt status - very agency-dependent. A lot of agencies keep tabs on their retired-LE. Many got a call on 9-11 to grab a shotgun and sit outside the water treatment plant, federal reserve, etc.

I’m not justifying or defending - just explaining.

Are you daft?? Regular citizens are not criminals. The only criminals out there are people that want CCW. Isn't that obvious??? If we don't allow guns, no on gets shot. If we allow people who would otherwise NOT just shoot shit up to carry, shit will get shot up. You can't help yourself. You'll do a school-pop or something. Then you'll rob a bodega just for kicks. Maybe talk to some skell's. Maybe talk about time in Spoffid and Rykiz. Oh wait. Now I'm channelling about 32 episodes of NYPD Blue. LOL
The Urban Dictionary posts for "skells" are funny AF. [rofl]

Ipsa this you prissy bitch!

M6M4QZWTDQI6RC56MWVIOD7PLI.jpg

(Probably the best line of that series. Best still was a season later she was massaging his balloon-knot in the shower. ROFL!!!!)

Pretty sure the Bruen decision gave this as an example of an impermissible regulation. It’ll be funny to see the courts slap this one down, hopefully soon.

Well, thats really the problem, isnt it?

Heller says the government cannot ban weapons in the common use of people. Yet many states do that. And nothing has been done about it since Heller or McDonald.

To this day Biden is attempting to ban the AR-15, which I believe is the most common semi automatic rifle in the US market. How many are out there? tens of millions? Yet he still thinks he can get away with it. And hell, he probably can at this rate.

One of my main gripes about these SCOTUS decisions is they are usually to shallow and they get flaunted a LOT with zero repercussions. The fact that all sorts of places are dicking around with Bruen should be expected, unfortunately. And it'll be nothing short of a miracle to get them to stop.

Retarded. And I apologize to all retarded people but I can't think of a different word for it. Oh I know! Fu%kin' Retarded.

NYC is just asking for a new injunction with this one:
m3U6jEN.png
This reads like all of the MA so called gun laws. You can wipe your ass on odd days but only if your street address is an even number. On Tuesday, Thursday you can wipe your neighbors ass with his/her toilet paper but only after you retrieve it from a locked storage box. If your toilet paper is in a certain area you can't wipe your ass, but if you are a retired LE you can wipe everyone's ass, cos you are special. Finally, if you cannot store your toilet paper in a secure lock box (which we are not going to tell you about, so we can wipe your ass, when we tell you its the wrong box) please drag your ass across the pavement before entering certain areas!

It effin sucks that the "pro gun lobby" needs to sue to have this crap nullified. It makes US seem like the 'bad guys who hate safety from guns' when in fact we live and breathe actual gun safety 24x7x365.

The scrunched panty libs and people on the fence drink this koolaid and actually believe criminals will stop at the border of gun-free zones

judges are politicians

Nah, read the article. He pretty much said that he'd strike it down on constitutional grounds just as soon as anyone has standing. i.e, once the law goes into effect and hurts somebody.

He was very clear that the law is unconstitutional, but said his opinion is moot because the suit is out of order. Just wait...

The headline reflects Hochul's propaganda, and the article even acknowledges that it's propaganda... but the responses here show the propaganda worked.

Reads sort of like "Since restrict deed covenants limit where members of your race may live, we are working to provide alternative means of exercising your fair housing rights".

Back
Top Bottom