• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newbie looking for a range

Hello,

I got my LTC-A today in Brookline, so I'm looking for a range/club close to Boston. It looks like the range I was planning on joining may not work out, don't want to go into it, but I'm looking for suggestions in the area. I have a car, so I can definitely drive somewhere. I don't own a rifle and don't have any immediate plans for a rifle yet, so I don't know if pistol only is a deal breaker for me.

I am definitely considering IDPA though, so that may be a factor in club or range selection.

Any info would be great, thanks!

I don't know if Harvard is too far for you, if not definitely look there.

Mansfield F&G may not be hard to get to . . . Down LaGrange St to VFW Parkway to US-1 to North St Foxboro, etc. www.mansfieldfish.com

Similarly Westwood gun club is off of Rte. 109 which intersects VFW Parkway near the VA Hospital.

Mansfield will let you shoot any handgun/rifle/shotgun at any distance on the 50 yd range and you can practice drawing or shooting on the move as long as you do it safely. I can show you around this club if you like.

You'll need to check with others if this is within the rules at Westwood.

Neither of these latter two clubs have any indoor facilities!

Here is what you get with the Mass Firearms School:

- 17 lanes (12 of those lanes will be available in a couple of weeks).
- Expanded hours – 9am to 10pm (also available in a couple of weeks).
- Have free access to dozens of firearms (rifles, shotguns, handguns).
- Use our armory to shoot firearms you either cannot own in Mass or are too expensive to own.
- Use our armory to decide which firearms you want to purchase.
- Our gun store currently has some of the lowest ammunition prices you will find anywhere (guns will be available in a couple of days).
- Bring a friend for free.
- Big discounts off classes.
- No hassle to join. Simply show up and pay. You do not need to attend any meetings nor do you have to clean the bathrooms.
- Must have license to shoot unsupervised (won't have to take your life into your own hands when you visit the range)

More info here.

I personally love Mass Fire Arms School. My brother is a member there and we go shooting almost every single weekend and sometimes during the week. Now that I have my own license I will be joining up myself. The facilities are very clean. The staff is really friendly and helpful and the armory is amazing.

Hopkinton Sportsmen's Association is well within your driving range. Rt 135 or 495 give easy access. Indoor 24/7 card key access indoor range plus 5 outdoor pistol bays , some with steel in them for your pleasure.
Please see: www.hsasports.com
El Prez
aka Bob

Hopkinton Sportsmen's Association is well within your driving range. Rt 135 or 495 give easy access. Indoor 24/7 card key access indoor range plus 5 outdoor pistol bays , some with steel in them for your pleasure.
Please see: www.hsasports.com
El Prez
aka Bob

I had the pleasure of being the first on the new pistol bay steel targets at hsa :D fantastic

Back
Top Bottom