• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newbury Residents - Heads up

Mike S

NES Member
If you're from Newbury, please call your town board and let them know what you think of a town employee using tax payer dollars and facilities to push an agenda.

From GOAL's facebook -

Attention Newbury residents - your tax dollars are being used to push an anti civil rights agenda -

"Gun violence" talk May 3

Local members of the Mass. chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America from the North Shore area are organizing to support state and federal initiatives aimed at reducing gun violence.

As part of this effort they will be hosting a screening of the film Living for 32, story of a survivor of the Virginia Tech massacre on Saturday, May 3, at 2 p.m. at the Newbury Library on Lunt Street, Byfield.

Following the film a discussion will be led by Moms Demand Action North Shore leaders, building on the message of the film and exploring ways to get involved.

GOAL note: It should be noted that this event is being promoted by Julia Ackerly. Julia a Town Employee is the Assistant Director of the Newbury Town Library.

GOAL suggests that all Newbury residents immediately contact the Newbury board of Selectmen to ask why tax payer dollars are being used to push an anti civil rights agenda. All can be found on the Town's web site http://townofnewbury.org/Pages/NewburyMA_BOS/index
Selectmen are:

Joe Story, Chair
Geoff Walker
Michael Bulgaris
Chuck Bear
David Mountain

Last edited:
I am going to speak with them in person...Geoff used to own Big Al's gun store in Seabrook,NH...I just left a massage for Tracy Blaze.Town manager...Funny how it's just a day before and town hall is closed...

Last edited:
Well, if it can't be 'stopped' (due to such short notice), hopefully some people can make it there to help 'participate' in the [strike=]Blatant lies and agenda pushing bullshit[/strike] 'discussion'.

I am going to speak with them in person...Geoff used to own Big Al's gun store in Seabrook,NH...I just left a massage for Tracy Blaze.Town manager...Funny how it's just a day before and town hall is closed...

Rep inbound, thanks for calling and please keep us posted as to their reply.

Isn't Newbury the town where LTC applicants are denied if they ever had a 209A issued against them, regardless of reason?

Agreed. Even so, part of the point is making them aware that we know what they are doing, and that using town facilities to support anti civil rights is disgusting. Our emails would not prevent tomorrows meeting, or even a future one. But, if they received 10-12 emails saying that, they might not be so comfortable to do the same thing again. Not saying it would not happen again, but some of these town elected officials have thin skins, and get real squirrely when confronted.

Silence can be taken as compliance.

I lived in Newbury briefly when I first moved back to MA, the woman who was in charge of licensing was clearly anti - gave me a lot of grief, insisted I give her a list of the guns I owned. I didn't know any better and I think I did it (the mind is a terrible thing to lose).

The "Moms" group is a subsidiary of Bloomberg's "Everytown action fund" which also has a political action committee (PAC). So the question for the Newbury town manager, and their lawyer, is why is Newbury holding a PAC fundraiser using town tax dollars?

Last edited:
Isn't Newbury the town where LTC applicants are denied if they ever had a 209A issued against them, regardless of reason?

It's true (or coincidence at the least) for a coworker of mine. Denied LTC because he rolled a kid in college. Resolved out of court and no charges pressed, but the kid did do a 209A. He got FID though but after a very long delay. He's kind of a violent prick anyway. I've been hit in the face or head by no less than 4 objects from him over the years.

I haven't heard/seen the name Michael Bulgaris (selectman) since he was a police officer in those parts.

Yeah, I spent some time in Old Town; not so much in Byfield. Got the hell out of MA 20+ years ago.

Good luck with Muffie the Library Lady and her friends in Ex-Mayor Bloomingidiot's Useful Idiots League.

Comm2A would be interested in hearing from anyone denied an LTC because of a past 209A, but who does not have other "baggage" (i.e., any history of criminal charges, allegation of violation of the 209a, etc.).

Here's a pic from their fb page that's thanking 'ALL' those who attended. Looks like a huge turnout if that's all they could fit in the frame. [laugh]

10325129_283197101846835_2319830118498207223_n.jpg

I just spoke with Joe Story,Selectman..If the woman did this as a personal thing...She will not be paid for the day..Also,Joe will be looking into seeing if Jim Wallace may wish to make a presentation..I will keep all posted if I learn more..

Back
Top Bottom