• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newly made Lee-Enfields!

Big Daddy 45acp

Instructor
In different calibers!

The rifles are newly made and available in 7.62x51 and 7.62x39.
The .308 version can supposedly take FN mags with slight modification.

THey have been spotted in the states at one Gander Mountain location.

Cost? Around $700 US.

An acquaintance down in OZ has one and I am waiting for some field reports.

http://www.australianinternationalarms.com.au/product.htm

Last edited:
That's damn cool! I recently was on a site of a company (German, IIRC) who manufactured semi-auto only copies of MP-40s and some other WWII-era German weapons.

If you want one,I'd say get it quick because I think those are most likely ones that finally got released by BATF and there's no telling if more will be allowed in,if I'm right.

The problem was that the receiver is made in Vietnam.

If you want one,I'd say get it quick because I think those are most likely ones that finally got released by BATF and there's no telling if more will be allowed in,if I'm right.

The problem was that the receiver is made in Vietnam.

Negative on the receiver. All metal parts are newly made in Australia.
The woodwork is teak from Asia. This is from my acquaintance in Oz who is
currently field testing one along with several friends. So far the results are outstanding.

I love Enfields but these new ones don't interest me. I need some real history on the gun like worn bluing, brown patina, digs and scratches in the stock, blood mottling on the bayonet and some metal, worn markings. Why pay $700 when you can get a original for $350 and under?

Last edited:
I love Enfields but these new ones don't interest me. I need some real history on the gun like worn bluing, brown patina, digs and scratches in the stock, blood mottling on the bayonet and some metal, worn markings. Why pay $700 when you can get a original for $350 and under?

I think the big interest is the caliber.
Both 7.62 Nato and Com-Bloc are more readily available.
The only reasonable .303 available is that cordite charged crap. Basically it is a box of dummy rounds that goes boom once in a while.

Negative on the receiver. All metal parts are newly made in Australia.
The woodwork is teak from Asia. This is from my acquaintance in Oz who is
currently field testing one along with several friends. So far the results are outstanding.

They might be now,but everything I read was that the receivers indeed came from Vietnam.

From their website:

" Rifles are currently prepared in Queensland, Australia, from local and imported component parts or groups. All screws, pins and springs are made in Australia and each rifle is hand-fitted and tested, unlike most production today.

Wood furniture has come from the United States, Brazil, New Guinea, West Africa and Laos. It has been profiled in Australia and in Vietnam."

They aren't saything they no longer do either.Either way,if it's a good rifle,it's a good rifle.

I like the originals as well, but wouldn't mind getting my hands on one chambered in 7.62 either.

I think the big interest is the caliber.
Both 7.62 Nato and Com-Bloc are more readily available.
The only reasonable .303 available is that cordite charged crap. Basically it is a box of dummy rounds that goes boom once in a while.

Are you talking about the stuff that comes in the 32 round cardboard boxes? I've found that to be dirty, but reliable. At least so far.

Are you talking about the stuff that comes in the 32 round cardboard boxes? I've found that to be dirty, but reliable. At least so far.

Really? You are the first I heard say that.
Well, a lot has to do with how the stuff was stored.
If you got a good batch, enjoy!

I am still sitting on some Greek HXP on strippers. Not much, but a few hundred rounds. Good stuff, made of Unobtainium.

Really? You are the first I heard say that.
Well, a lot has to do with how the stuff was stored.
If you got a good batch, enjoy!

I am still sitting on some Greek HXP on strippers. Not much, but a few hundred rounds. Good stuff, made of Unobtainium.

I fired a good number of rounds through my No4 MkII last summer and didn't have one failure. Most of my .303 is that stuff, but I have some other stuff on stripper clips, in bandoleers that I've never fired. I'm not sure who made it, so I don't know if it's good or not. I've never been able to find HXP, but hope too. Four Seasons had some but it was all gone by the time I found out about it. I've bought the other stuff at Collectors, ZHA, gun shows, and someone gave me some as well.

I don't know how the stuff was stored before I got it (obviously), but the boxes are all intact and don't seem to have any indications of being stored in a moist location.

Very cool! (I thought firearms were banned in OZ)

Not banned. They just have common sense gun control. My COusin down there shoots regularly. All he had to do was :

Take a course , pay , wait.
Apply for a permit to buy a single, particular , gun - non military caliber only. Wait , pay.

Buy gun at insanely overpriced cost.

have police come to home to inspect state approved safe.

Join overpriced club , wait , pay.

Compete on a regular basis that requires one to wait & pay. Allowing the membership to lapse causes confiscation , not competing causes confiscation. Saying "f*** " in the woods , 300 yards from a minor - causes confiscation.

Not banned. They just have common sense gun control. My COusin down there shoots regularly. All he had to do was :

Take a course , pay , wait.
Apply for a permit to buy a single, particular , gun - non military caliber only. Wait , pay.

Buy gun at insanely overpriced cost.

have police come to home to inspect state approved safe.

Join overpriced club , wait , pay.

Compete on a regular basis that requires one to wait & pay. Allowing the membership to lapse causes confiscation , not competing causes confiscation. Saying "f*** " in the woods , 300 yards from a minor - causes confiscation.

Thought you said he was in OZ, not Massachusetts!

ammo

If you reload you can get new brass.the greek was made for bren guns.32 round mag.the 50 rd boxes for vickers and lewis.250rd and 47 rd.there is new made S&B and brass.grafs sells it but I can get it you cant.[rofl][laugh2]

Back
Top Bottom