Newspaper publishes CCW names in Ohio

Reptile

NES Member
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200707/NAT20070705a.html

In retaliation - and to illustrate the ease of finding personal information when given a name - the BFA began printing personal information about Sandusky Register Managing Editor Matt Westerhold. The information, while personal, is available through public records searches.[laugh]

I've heard that this can't happen in Mass.

A paper in Virginia did the same thing a while back.

Interesting story though.

That's pretty bad. Not only is he putting CCW holders at risk, but also folks who don't own a gun. I can easilly imagine a potential thief sizing up his next target based on who isn't on the list.

Does anyone know the background as to why he posted the list? Was there an incident in OH involving a CCW holder?

That's pretty bad. Not only is he putting CCW holders at risk, but also folks who don't own a gun. I can easilly imagine a potential thief sizing up his next target based on who isn't on the list.

Too right! It's amazing the total disregard the left-wing media has for the safety of the public. It just goes to show you how far some people will stoop to make a buck.

I think all the gun owners should use that list and ID all the poeple with out a ccw and start mailing for ccw training classes. Add to your population....make it backfire for them....you mihgt end up with thousands more applying for and getting their ccw.

Does anyone know the background as to why he posted the list?
Big city papers in Ohio are universally virulently anti gun and are their asses are still chapped that we got CCW three years ago.

As of 3/14/07, new CHL applicants have the opportunity to keep their names of the public access lists. Now a new bill aims to further improve our CCW law by greatly reducing the number of places where we can't carry and close this media access loophole once and for all.

It is clear that papers are not interested in using this information to police the process, as they claimed to need to in 04. Instead, they have shown time and again that their only goal is to harrass licensees.

Back
Top Bottom