• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newton Gun Shop getting pushback

Where did you pull that stat from?
Same place you're pulling your comments on Jews.

But probably not far off based on population make up in the US. It's simple, Christians make up a far greater percentage of the US population therefore they must also make up a far greater percentage of liberals. It's not a condemnation or accusation, it's just how it works out when dealing with a large population that has a large percentage of any single attribute. A quick search put Christians at 70.6% of the population and Jews 1.9%, so my 1 in 4 is actually being overly generous. Religion in America: U.S. Religious Data, Demographics and Statistics

I'll also point out that generalizing any ethnic group is the very kind of group politics/division that the libs are pushing.

This is getting too far off topic, even for NES, If you'll let this go, so will I.

Same place you're pulling your comments on Jews.

But probably not far off based on population make up in the US. It's simple, Christians make up a far greater percentage of the US population therefore they must also make up a far greater percentage of liberals. It's not a condemnation or accusation, it's just how it works out when dealing with a large population that has a large percentage of any single attribute. A quick search put Christians at 70.6% of the population and Jews 1.9%, so my 1 in 4 is actually being overly generous. Religion in America: U.S. Religious Data, Demographics and Statistics

I'll also point out that generalizing any ethnic group is the very kind of group politics/division that the libs are pushing.

This is getting too far off topic, even for NES, If you'll let this go, so will I.

I was initially talking about the jewish population of Newton regarding their numbers and anti gun attitudes. How much direct experience do you have with the city?

EDIT: I'll await your answer.😄

Last edited:
Looks like a gun shop is planning on opening in Newtonville. All the Newton anti's are up in arms. Anyone who lives in Newton should send a letter to make sure this isn't stopped.

Apparently their is a group on FB trying to stop it too:

You would think they would learn after all the break ins...

Someone recently distributed a spreadsheet here on NES totaling the various LTC, FID, MG licenses. Anybody have that and want to respond to those whack jobs with the facts on their enemies within? A little wake up call...

Any other existing FFLs in Newtonville/Newton?

So around 500 gun owners in Newton, 2 of which own MACHINE GUNS.
Let's do it one more time.
You're looking at the number of licenses issued in 2020. That includes both new applications and renewals. For the sake of argument, let's presume that 250 out of 500 are new applicants and 250 are renewals. LTC is valid for 6 years, so 1/6th of Newton gun owners renewed in 2020. That gives us 250 times 6 preexisting gun owners + 250 newbies = 1,750.
Someone here quoted 1915(?) which is close enough to my estimate derived from the licensing data.

Oh, BTW a Newton machine gun owner that I personally know applied for his MG license 5 or 6 years ago. At that time, there were already several licensed MG owners in Newton. He researched that prior to applying.

You're looking at the number of licenses issued in 2020. That includes both new applications and renewals. For the sake of argument, let's presume that 250 out of 500 are new applicants and 250 are renewals. LTC is valid for 6 years, so 1/6th of Newton gun owners renewed in 2020. That gives us 250 times 6 preexisting gun owners + 250 newbies = 1,750.
Someone here quoted 1915(?) which is close enough to my estimate derived from the licensing data.

Oh, BTW a Newton machine gun owner that I personally know applied for his MG license 5 or 6 years ago. At that time, there were already several licensed MG owners in Newton. He researched that prior to applying.
The previous was for numbered issued, see my post #155
there are 1915 active LTCs in Newton (and 14 machine gun licenses)

14 Newtonians with Machine Gun licenses! Whoo hoo! View attachment 474377

you-gotta-pump-those-numbers-up-those-are-rookie-numbers-30070070.png

Proud to say my town has 4 MG licenses - in a population of ~1300. :D

Ah, the 500 is a count of licenses issued in 2020, not a count of license holders? Then the count would be higher, but still novice numbers.

Like 2% of the population

(don't mistake me for someone that has read this whole thread! I've read a couple of the juicier appearing posts)

Mendon tried to do the zoning change thing in order to keep a strip club from opening up on the Hopedale line. After a costly court battle the town lost and it looks like Mendon will have a brand spanking new strip club in the near future.

Same thing will most likely happen if Newton tries to keep the gun store out via zoning.

now you just need a gun store next to the strip club

Gotta love the Libs whining about our rights, they have nothing better to do than get their panties in a knot because of GUNZ.

Oh, it's not just GUNZ.....they'll sabotage anything or anyone no matter what.
I have never seen or been anyplace where, NO MATTER WHAT someone wants to do, even on their own property there is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS 10 or more people seeking, waiting to trip them up more than MA.

Back
Top Bottom