Newton Gun Shop getting pushback

Large amount of disposable income and Newton does have a significant number of permit holders with memberships to fancy clubs. Look at how quickly West Shooters Club filled up their membership. It's just that the shit bully herd mentality in this state has forced gun owners into the closet unless they want to be othered.

are you talking about the Weston club, never knew about that until this post and damn, that is pretty pricey, just for a pistol range?

Ha! Have you read any Wikipedia pages recently. It has gone full leftist propaganda.
This store would be a solid competitor to Four Seasons for the entire Boston area being the closest shop. Owner is a good businessman!

yup, that got edited out already and in its place a blurb which seems to highlight the restriction

are you talking about the Weston club, never knew about that until this post and damn, that is pretty pricey, just for a pistol range?
It's a different model from a gun club - everything is kept very clean (years after opening the paint still looks fresh), and members (customers actually, like a country club) are never asked to do any volunteer work. Gun clubs usually have owned their land "forever" and just pay for upkeep, taxes at a reduced chapter 61 rate, insurance, and utilities. Weston is a profit oriented business that exists to provide its two main owners with an income that reflects the work and risk, plus all employees are paid. It has been said that the way to make a small fortune in the range business is to start with a large one. It takes Weston style fees to pull all that off.

It's a different model from a gun club - everything is kept very clean (years after opening the paint still looks fresh), and members (customers actually, like a country club) are never asked to do any volunteer work. Gun clubs usually have owned their land "forever" and just pay for upkeep, taxes at a reduced chapter 61 rate, insurance, and utilities. Weston is a profit oriented business that exists to provide its two main owners with an income that reflects the work and risk, plus all employees are paid. It has been said that the way to make a small fortune in the range business is to start with a large one. It takes Weston style fees to pull all that off.

Sounds a bit like Minuteman though even their fees aren't quite as high

One thing that is very unusual for a club with the "we call you members but your role is really customer" operation like Weston is that it has preserved some of the membership feel. It's the only non-club club in MA that I know of that operates on an "all members have 24x7 electronic key access to the range". I heard Mass Firearms wanted to do this but ran in to some zoning/regulation issues that made it impossible. They also have self-service wine and ceegars for sale with a box to drop payment into. Cape Ann Gunworks has a layout designed to support 24x7 access (the shop can be locked up separately from the range) but I do not know if they offer that service.

Plus, how many of the inexpensive membership ranges have OSHA compliant HEPA filtration? It's pretty much the standard for commercial ranges these days.

It is simple - thou gettuth what thou pay for, sometimes less, but nevermore said the Raven.

One thing that is very unusual for a club with the "we call you members but your role is really customer" operation like Weston is that it has preserved some of the membership feel. It's the only non-club club in MA that I know of that operates on an "all members have 24x7 electronic key access to the range". I heard Mass Firearms wanted to do this but ran in to some zoning/regulation issues that made it impossible. They also have self-service wine and ceegars for sale with a box to drop payment into. Cape Ann Gunworks has a layout designed to support 24x7 access (the shop can be locked up separately from the range) but I do not know if they offer that service.

Plus, how many of the inexpensive membership ranges have OSHA compliant HEPA filtration? It's pretty much the standard for commercial ranges these days.

It is simple - thou gettuth what thou pay for, sometimes less, but nevermore said the Raven.
They also have ammo vending machines. The place is impressive. Shot there once, a corp event put on by HP. I had just dropped a 1/4M on servers so I got invited. At least one of the owners is/was a Weston cop. They have some political connections that helped with the red tape.

They also have ammo vending machines. The place is impressive. Shot there once, a corp event put on by HP. I had just dropped a 1/4M on servers so I got invited. At least one of the owners is/was a Weston cop. They have some political connections that helped with the red tape.
ammo vending machines, that must be pretty cool though can't imagine what those prices are like now.

And 9 minutes later, key words " a prejudiced and bigoted move against gun owners " have been removed.

I've taken it upon myself to add back a blurb every time I see it removed.. easy enough to copy the code to a temp text file and just paste it in whenever I see it gone.. we can play that game too..

Jim Wallace, executive director of the Gun Owners Action League (GOAL), said he was not surprised to learn of residents’ objections to Newton Firearms. “It’s not uncommon to have the ‘we don’t want you in our town’ kind of thing,” he said. “It’s basically turning into social bigotry” between residents and gun dealers.[67]

so my IP got blocked on Wiki.. LOL.. if anyone wants to edit that block.. here's the code.. would be great if the same edits came from 100 different IP addresses..
Code:
Jim Wallace, executive director of the Gun Owners Action League (GOAL), representing Massachusetts gun owners, said he was not surprised to learn of residents’ objections to Newton Firearms.  “It’s not uncommon to have the ‘we don’t want you in our town’ kind of thing,” he said. “It’s basically turning into social bigotry” between residents and gun dealers.<ref> Jim Wallace (May 4, 2021). [https://www.wickedlocal.com/story/newton-tab/2021/05/04/firearm-store-supporters-against-zoning-targeting-newton-gun-shops/4926566001/ "Gun-rights advocates against proposed Newton Firearms dealership zoning"]. ''www.wickedlocal.com''.</ref>

yes.. I'm bored.

Last edited:
I've taken it upon myself to add back a blurb every time I see it removed.. easy enough to copy the code to a temp text file and just paste it in whenever I see it gone.. we can play that game too..

Jim Wallace, executive director of the Gun Owners Action League (GOAL), said he was not surprised to learn of residents’ objections to Newton Firearms. “It’s not uncommon to have the ‘we don’t want you in our town’ kind of thing,” he said. “It’s basically turning into social bigotry” between residents and gun dealers.[67]
If you want it to stick avoid the editorializing and just state there is a conflict between the town leaders and gun owners who support the opening of a shop. If someone can tell your position by reading the post, you have failed at being neutral.

If you want it to stick avoid the editorializing and just state there is a conflict between the town leaders and gun owners who support the opening of a shop. If someone can tell your position by reading the post, you have failed at being neutral.

Does Teddy's wiki page still read like he's the second coming of Jesus, despite him killing that girl on Chappaquiddick?

Wiki doesn't care about neutrality. If you aren't slanting an article, at minimum by omitting relevant context, to the left -the Trotskyist mods will delete or edit it into oblivion.

After many years managing commercial/industrial properties, I've learned that every board, commission and society in a town is the enemy and is to be avoided. When I decided to go with installing the gun dealers in the Mill, I didn't ask any questions. I just researched the zoning, insurance, parking and other requirements myself. I did work with Boston ATF and they checked the zoning and gave me the green light. They like getting the interview business and we are looking at 70 07s maybe by the end of the week. The town, including the PD did their best for a few years to shit on me only to find that the shit didn't stick. By the time they realized what was happening it was too late. They were a day late and a dollar short. Jack.

Last edited:
After many years managing commercial/industrial properties, I've learned that every board, commission and society in a town is the enemy as is to be avoided.
A friend ran into this with his towns conservation commission when building a new house. They were polite, and added requirements (that weren't too bad) that seemed designed only to demonstrate that they had power over him.

A friend ran into this with his towns conservation commission when building a new house. They were polite, and added requirements (that weren't too bad) that seemed designed only to demonstrate that they had power over him.

my house is built on conservation land and it is brutal, the good is that I won't have anyone behind me, the bad is that you have to basically sell your soul should you want to do anything with your own property.

One of my neighbors made the mistake of building a few outdoor feature without begging and pleading for their advance approval and they proceeded to put a variance on his place.

On the other hand, I had to replace a post holding up a bridge crossing a river in W. Concord. For added strength I wanted to go from 8" to 10" dia. concrete. They nixed that because it would "Reduce the volume of the wetlands". I went with 8" steel and they were happy. I was tempted to tell them that I would piss into the stream twice a day to add to the volume. Jack.

What are those lockers?
Are they for storing guns?

. It's the only non-club club in MA that I know of that operates on an "all members have 24x7 electronic key access to the range".

I am confused. There are other 24x7 clubs in MA.

Isn't the Reading Pistol range open 24x7 for members?

Back
Top Bottom