• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newtown teacher arrested for having gun at school.

He is a science teacher, white , male,armed.
thats 4 strikes . Talk about being in enemy territory ,
He's toast.

They wouldn't have bitched if he had it the day of the shooting.

Yes, they would - either he would have failed to stop the shooting, or he'd have hit or killed the shooter and they'd come up with some explanation for why he made the incident worse than it otherwise would have been. Don't forget who we're dealing with here.

I'm sure this has been said but I am terrified of sending my children to school (3 little boys 3,4,8) If I knew some or all of the teachers were trained and carrying my mind would be more at ease when I send my kids to school. That and/or having armed veterans at every entrance.

Okay, But is anything that I said there untrue?

It's not the response any of us as gun owners or Americans should have. We have the 2nd Amendment, affirmed by Heller and McDonald, and we have state and Federal laws that still directly contradict the Supreme Law of the land. Rather than this individual prove his innocence in light of a law that stands no legal basis we ought to be outraged that this kind of crap continues on such a regular basis.

Very troubling indeed. The school systems are putting our kids in grave danger with their stupid, ineffective policies. I'd like to see them sued over Newtown for creating an unsafe killing zone.

The school district released a statement, saying "This matter is very serious and troubling, both the Newtown Public School system and the Newtown Police Department took immediate steps to address the matter. The teacher was immediately detained by security personnel."

my reply in the comments section...........

Every single parent in this school should be thanking this teacher. He cares so much for his life and the lives of his students that he was willing to risk his personal freedom and his teachers license by carrying a firearm in class. This headline would read "Hero Teacher Saves Lives" if this guy was teaching at Sandy Hook Elementary that horrible day when a mentally unstable teen went on a shooting spree in a place where he knew he would have NO RESISTANCE.... a place where the good guys can't have guns.. and the most dangerous thing in the building are children's scissors and the mystery meat surprise at lunch. why is it that you think these psychos attack Gun Free Zones?? when was the last NRA meeting mass shooting or the last Police Department Mass Shooting, or Guun Show Mass Shooting..... Mass Shooters are cowards and are looking for easy targets. This Teacher was willing to be the one to step between your child and the gunman and be the one to say "NO MORE" and end a tragedy. I call this man a Hero not a criminal. If a law is a bad law, then what type of person are you for following it.

Well said.

It's not the response any of us as gun owners or Americans should have. We have the 2nd Amendment, affirmed by Heller and McDonald, and we have state and Federal laws that still directly contradict the Supreme Law of the land. Rather than this individual prove his innocence in light of a law that stands no legal basis we ought to be outraged that this kind of crap continues on such a regular basis.

OK shoulds and oughts, you are outraged,?Joe is outraged, I am outraged...and? It does not alter the reality of the situation . You rant on an Internet forum...and? Joe is merely pointing out R-E-A-L-I-T-Y. So what is it exactly are you, Ultrarunner going to do about it besides attack Joe who is pointing out fact?

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here for a moment. Everybody is assuming that this guy is on the level since he is licensed to carry. Maybe he was packing with the specific intent of doing harm. Before any of you say: there aren't enough facts, let me point out that there aren't enough facts to indicate intent one way or the other and yes he is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law or until he more than likely pleads to a deal offered by the DA. (That's reality, the system that both Joe and I worked in, not the one we liked but the one that is).

Unfortunately this teacher has no defense as far as the law goes. He is guilty, no question and he will be convicted, lose his job and teaching license in CT, lose his pistol permit and his guns, will never be able to own a gun again and will likely do some time in prison. His life is ruined because he took a stand for the safety of his students and himself. I don't think any legal defense will do much, it's an open and shut case. We may want to consider a gofundme account to help his family because they just lost his income.

The only hope is if they can challenge the law itself as unconstitutional for arbitrarily denying his 2A rights. That would take years and thousands and thousands of dollars. If it goes that way then a legal fund would be good.

CT has no excuse for this law. It is arbitrary and puts students and teachers at enormous risk, as Sandy Hook proved beyond the shadow of any doubt. Liberals are too f-ing stupid to see it though so instead they will ruin this man's life. If they would train ALL school employees on self defense with pepper spray, fighting techniques and how to use common object for defense (such as fire extinguishers - very effective) they may have some moral leg to stand on because they at least would be trying. They aren't so they have no moral leg to stand on at all, they are openly and actively inviting bad guys to come kill our kids. It's about the same as the goat that they chained up in "Jurasic Park" for the T-Rex to come and gobble up for lunch.

Unfortunately this teacher has no defense as far as the law goes. He is guilty, no question and he will be convicted, lose his job and teaching license in CT, lose his pistol permit and his guns, will never be able to own a gun again and will likely do some time in prison. His life is ruined because he took a stand for the safety of his students and himself. I don't think any legal defense will do much, it's an open and shut case. We may want to consider a gofundme account to help his family because they just lost his income.

The only hope is if they can challenge the law itself as unconstitutional for arbitrarily denying his 2A rights. That would take years and thousands and thousands of dollars. If it goes that way then a legal fund would be good.

CT has no excuse for this law. It is arbitrary and puts students and teachers at enormous risk, as Sandy Hook proved beyond the shadow of any doubt. Liberals are too f-ing stupid to see it though so instead they will ruin this man's life. If they would train ALL school employees on self defense with pepper spray, fighting techniques and how to use common object for defense (such as fire extinguishers - very effective) they may have some moral leg to stand on because they at least would be trying. They aren't so they have no moral leg to stand on at all, they are openly and actively inviting bad guys to come kill our kids. It's about the same as the goat that they chained up in "Jurasic Park" for the T-Rex to come and gobble up for lunch.

The liberals' reasoning for creating gun free zones is as follows:

Gun owners are all inbred redneck psychopaths, therefore if we allow guns at school/other places, there will be daily shootouts between these lunatics because they cannot control themselves and take out their guns and start blasting left and right with little provocation. Since the risk of those so called law abiding gun owners going crazy over their kid's grades and impulsively shooting the teacher is much greater than the tiny risk of mass shooting, it makes sense to accept that risk.

Something like that. It's really elitism, not stupidity per se.

The liberals' reasoning for creating gun free zones is as follows:

Gun owners are all inbred redneck psychopaths, therefore if we allow guns at school/other places, there will be daily shootouts between these lunatics because they cannot control themselves and take out their guns and start blasting left and right with little provocation. Since the risk of those so called law abiding gun owners going crazy over their kid's grades and impulsively shooting the teacher is much greater than the tiny risk of mass shooting, it makes sense to accept that risk.

Something like that. It's really elitism, not stupidity per se.

I'd say it's both as it's pretty stupid of them to let their elitism blind them to the truth to the point that they sacrifice their own children to support their narrative. I see your point though and I agree.

You really think? Teacher kills mentally disturbed youth. At the very least he would have gone before a grand jury. There would have been those that would've said he escalated the situation and turned it into a fire fight, and he would have been up on murder charges if it were proven he was responsible for any collateral damage.

After all since if he had a gun that day as a trained educator he would have been in a better position to reason with poor Adam.

What disturbs me is absent a metal detector how did the security guard know he was packing ?

I wouldn't expect anything less from the moonbats and politicians.
If I had a kid that survived because of him though, I would be forever in the guys debt.

I believe one of his fellow teachers spotted his gun and went running to security.

He is guilty, no question and he will be convicted, lose his job and teaching license in CT, lose his pistol permit and his guns, will never be able to own a gun again and will likely do some time in prison.
The threat of all of the above will be used to deny him a trial, and he will take a deal.

I know a couple local teachers who feel the same way this guy does. They are scared sh!tless because they know the current system won't do crap to protect them. One is going to do some training and wants to get her LTC, and the other might also.

The school and State should be sued if this guy gets jacked up because of an unconstitutional law that prevents him from protecting himself in a PROVEN dangerous situation.

I just hope some of the parents realize what he was doing to protect their kids and stand up for him. Unlikely though and the mobs will probably come at him/them with pitchforks.

The only guy who cares about the well being of his students in the whole town apparently, and they arrest him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know a couple local teachers who feel the same way this guy does. They are scared sh!tless because they know the current system won't do crap to protect them.

I know one who almost died that very day @ SHES.

The school and State should be sued if this guy gets jacked up because of an unconstitutional law that prevents him from protecting himself in a PROVEN dangerous situation.

Should. Won't. Remedy = move out of Connecticut. It's a lost cause, and the best option is to coalesce better minded people elsewhere to defend against it as best as we can.

Hurr durring about it isn't going to change the known fact that CT is a communist shithole WRT guns in schools and no amount of hurr durring or being upset about it is going to bail this guy out. Yeah he should be able to carry anywhere he pleases, in principle... but the on the ground reality is the guy is going to eat the law because he sucked at carrying illegally, and it's pretty implausible that he didn't know it was illegal. There's 1000 things as a gun owner that I'm more outraged at than this stuff. For every numbskull like this guy there are probably hundreds of people who were legally in the right that got abused by police, and nobody gives a shit about them. Do I feel bad for the guy? Sure... but he's still an idiot.

-Mike

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here for a moment. Everybody is assuming that this guy is on the level since he is licensed to carry. Maybe he was packing with the specific intent of doing harm. Before any of you say: there aren't enough facts, let me point out that there aren't enough facts to indicate intent one way or the other and yes he is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law or until he more than likely pleads to a deal offered by the DA. (That's reality, the system that both Joe and I worked in, not the one we liked but the one that is).

Mark normally I'd agree with you but let's not go full retard here. If he was going to do something bad with the gun he would have just done it and that would have made itself obvious. A guy with a gun permit planning on committing a crime involving a firearm in a school... I'm going to go buy some powerball tickets, my odds are going to be a LOT better at winning that.

-Mike

Statistically, as a CCW permit holder, he was very unlikely to have criminal intent. So most likely, he just wanted to protect himself and/or his students.

He is a moron because he outed himself, somehow. Opsec fail.

-Mike

This. I've been working in schools for 15 years, and I'd bet money that he told someone. Word spread to the wrong person, a grudge was remembered, and bam.

In my experience, this is is how teachers fight each other. Passive-aggressively.

Stupid, plenty of people do it in nh because it's legal and so should it be in every state.

Should. Won't. Remedy = move out of Connecticut.

while I agree with CT being a shithole and us gunowners should move out, the reality is that in 33 states he'd be in violation of the law. And of the 17 that allow it, most allow it only with permission from the school board.

NH allow adults to carry (I believe NH laws states that the ban only applies to pupils), RI requires a permit, Mass, NY, and NJ require approval of the school (good luck with that) .

in disclosure it's been a few years since I've looked up those laws so they may have changed

while I agree with CT being a shithole and us gunowners should move out, the reality is that in 33 states he'd be in violation of the law. And of the 17 that allow it, most allow it only with permission from the school board.

NH allow adults to carry (I believe NH laws states that the ban only applies to pupils), RI requires a permit, Mass, NY, and NJ require approval of the school (good luck with that) .

in disclosure it's been a few years since I've looked up those laws so they may have changed

One problem in NH is supposedly the PR license is not 100% GFSZ compliant (because they can be issued by entities other than the PD, even though that virtually never happens) but the feds have never prosecuted anyone claiming that, god only knows though.

-Mike

One problem in NH is supposedly the PR license is not 100% GFSZ compliant (because they can be issued by entities other than the PD, even though that virtually never happens) but the feds have never prosecuted anyone claiming that, god only knows though.

-Mike

I'm curious how this would work in RI since RI has two carry permits - town and Attorney General. Town permits are issued by:

(5) "Licensing authorities" means the board of police commissioners of a city or town where the board has been instituted, the chief of police or superintendent of police of other cities and towns having a regular organized police force, and, in towns where there is no chief of police or superintendent of police, it means the town clerk who may issue licenses upon the recommendation of the town sergeant, and it also means any other person or body duly authorized by the city or town charter or by state law.

http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/title11/11-47/11-47-2.HTM

Back
Top Bottom