• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Next Month's Constitution Carry Law Caused this Month's Mass Shooting in Hollywood FL

MaverickNH

NES Member

A new twist on pre-crime...

"California Gov. Gavin Newsom was fact-checked by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' spokesman after he blamed the Memorial Day shooting in Hollywood, Florida, on laws DeSantis signed that are not yet in effect.

At least nine people, including minors, were hospitalized Monday after an altercation escalated into gunfire at the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk, police said. Police detained one person of interest in the shooting while another remains at large.

Newsom reacted to reports of the shooting on social media, blaming gun violence on a bill DeSantis signed in April that eliminates the requirement for an individual to obtain a permit to carry a concealed firearm...
However, DeSantis press secretary Jeremy Redfern replied shortly afterward, noting that the bill Newsom referenced is not yet in effect.

"Hi Gavin," Redfern said. "How does a law that doesn't take effect until July 1st change this outcome?"

Criminals: "Golly gee whizz I think I'ma go off my shit and shoot oodles of people today but-but-but JFC... I sure hope I don't get caught carrying.....)" A person intent on killing more than one person is not going to not-carry a firearm cuz lawz.... You know this. I know this. We know this. They know we know this. They know we know they know this. It's about disarming everyone by making gun owner ship a major legal and financial burden, while outlawing every other aspect of it.

I had what I thought was a reasonable slightly-left-of-center client yesterday say, "You know, I wish that Gavin Newsome would run for president." [rofl] [rofl]

I was so glad it was a phone call. Not sure if I could keep a straight face.

Back
Top Bottom