NFL Player, He is strapped and his guns are legal

I know money talks but how the hell do you get a M249 saw?[shocked]

There is only one transferrable (non-pre-86 dealer sample) gun in the US. Its worth about a $400K.

That must be one of the semi-auto ones.

- - - Updated - - -

first off..........you can't live in mass! [rofl]

Wrong. Here's the funny part. A full auto one would be legal. A semi-auto one might fall under the AWB and be illegal.

This is who Dan Shea is. (Make sure you click on this link. Its amazing)

http://dangerousmagazine.com/2013/01/25/inside-the-vaults-of-long-mountain-outfitters/

And this is what Dan Shea says about transferable M249s.

<big>Subguns.com NFA Firearms Discussion Archive</big>

<big><big>There can be only one....</big></big>

Posted By: <big>Dan Shea</big> <[email protected]>
Date: 11/16/06 13:40

In Response To: No (Cobb Hill Firearms Inc Pa and NY)

There is ONE fully transferable factory original M249.

M16s that magically turned into M249s don't count. Dealer sample M249s that some examiner forgot to stamp don't count. The M249 and the Minime were designed and made after 1968, so none from Belgium could have come in the country before then and been legit, original transferable guns.

I have the factory records on this. There is one transferable. The rest were destroyed. I had that gun, I had a letter from ATF declaring it to be transferable, and I sold that gun a long time ago. It is presently for sale by the owner for $550,000.

Every rumored transferable M249 that I have heard of has been a dead end- either a non-stamped dealer sample- at least one a year that someone calls and says is transferable, they pay 100grand for it after I tell them it's not transferable, they call later when it comes back with "Needs a demo letter" and the guy has already blown the 100grand and can't refund. Once a year that happens.

Factory serial numbers that are a good guideline on M249s....
FN00xxxx means Belgian made, pre-86 dealer sample that was imported by either Guns South in the 16 or 19 they brought in or one of the approx 100 that FNMI imported,

Cxxxxx means commercial US Factory made at FNMI- all after 1986 and all are post 86 dealer samples.....

E000xx is either one of a couple pre samples imported for Engineering at FNMI in 1984, or is the ONE tranfserable M249 made at FNMI in 1984 - that is the only one that remains.

There is a rumor of a legit class 2 registering two cut up receivers that he rewelded back before May 1986, but every time someone brags about them, they don't have any contact or proof that these exist. It would be nice to see them.

Where are the 8 that you have kept track of? Do they fit the above profile of original factory serial numbers or are they all class 2 mfg made guns? I know everyone WANTS there to be some transferables, but the above is a good sitrep on this.

Back
Top Bottom