• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH 2019 Legislative Defense

Since I am now actively looking to permanently settle in New Hampshire, I have grown a lot more concerned about 2019 and beyond and the granite states' ability to deflect Bloomberg and the demanding moms, particularly now that modern Democrats feel like gun control is a winning issue.

That being said, I'm going to put together a letter to all freshman reps and encourage them to vote "no" on any infringements, and I'll delineate the specifics of each argument briefly. When I get the letter done I'll post it here and encourage any/all of you to steal it, edit it, etc and send it along also. It's going to be a big fight this year and I will also make it a point to travel to Concord and meet as many reps as I can.

Anyway, I'd really hate to see NH take steps backwards as Constitutional carry was a long time coming. I'm most concerned with arbitrary red flag laws, and making it a felony to sell your personal property without government permission being the primary objectives of the Dems.

If anyone has an easy list of contact info for all NH reps please post (im sure I can find it otherwise with a quick Google).

Thanks,
Justin

The all reps email was killed off by the GOP speaker earlier this year. I created a new one using the publicly available list of reps. However, it is not current anymore since new reps were elected. The House has been slowly adding the new reps to the excel spreadsheet and removing the ones who left. That said, it will be ready for you to use in the next couple weeks.

[email protected] is the email if I remember right (it has been awhile since I set it up).

To be perfectly honest, it will not do a damn thing. The dems almost always vote in lockstep on certain issues. Guns is one of them. You only ever get a handful (like 10 and that's pushing it) to vote against gun control. And with 234 dems, ten defecting will not cause the vote to fail. In the senate there have been zero dem votes against gun control in recent years. I do not expect this year to be any different.

While they don't have veto override numbers (unless 2 GOP senators "defect" and about 20 GOP reps), Sununu is likely to sign something as I believe he has his eye on a US senate seat in 2020 and he thinks pandering to the gun control left will help (it won't).

Since I am now actively looking to permanently settle in New Hampshire, I have grown a lot more concerned about 2019 and beyond and the granite states' ability to deflect Bloomberg and the demanding moms, particularly now that modern Democrats feel like gun control is a winning issue.

That being said, I'm going to put together a letter to all freshman reps and encourage them to vote "no" on any infringements,...
It's wise to keep in mind NH legislators don't care what you or I think. Democrats are fully committed to the cause of gun prohibition. Items from their wish list will turn up in bill after bill. It will be interesting to see how onerous a carry licensing scheme they can concoct upon getting rid of constitutional carry. They'll push red flag/ERPOs, UBCs, a mag ban, and probably an AWB.

Good luck with your letter and glad-handing of reps, though.

Um, do they not wish to be reelected? Or have they managed to install the machinery of election theft sufficiently they need not be concerned. If the latter... sounds a lot like go time to me. [thinking]
They don't need you in order to get elected. This was proven earlier this month.

The all reps email was killed off by the GOP speaker earlier this year. I created a new one using the publicly available list of reps. However, it is not current anymore since new reps were elected. The House has been slowly adding the new reps to the excel spreadsheet and removing the ones who left. That said, it will be ready for you to use in the next couple weeks.

[email protected] is the email if I remember right (it has been awhile since I set it up).

To be perfectly honest, it will not do a damn thing. The dems almost always vote in lockstep on certain issues. Guns is one of them. You only ever get a handful (like 10 and that's pushing it) to vote against gun control. And with 234 dems, ten defecting will not cause the vote to fail. In the senate there have been zero dem votes against gun control in recent years. I do not expect this year to be any different.

While they don't have veto override numbers (unless 2 GOP senators "defect" and about 20 GOP reps), Sununu is likely to sign something as I believe he has his eye on a US senate seat in 2020 and he thinks pandering to the gun control left will help (it won't).

I didn't know that about Sununu, but that's alarming. I'll write the letter anyway. I know it won't do much but neither will silence. I'm tired of moving around the country and catering to soccer mom's and thus politicians and thus LEs wrong opinion about RKBA. At this point if NH "falls" they can arrest me for possessing my AR, standard cap mags, et Al...

I didn't know that about Sununu, but that's alarming. I'll write the letter anyway. I know it won't do much but neither will silence. I'm tired of moving around the country and catering to soccer mom's and thus politicians and thus LEs wrong opinion about RKBA. At this point if NH "falls" they can arrest me for possessing my AR, standard cap mags, et Al...
I'll end up divorced again. But I'll flee this fd up state too

In an interview for WMUR's "CloseUP," which will air Sunday morning, Sununu said that as long as he's in charge, constitutional carry is here to stay.

New Democratic Senate leadership expected to clash with Sununu on some issues

I just fetched July checklist summary by town/ward. If time permits later, I want to compare with votes cast (and I'll use gubernatorial as a bellwether) to see to what degree we're dealing with apathy, and thus to what degree a "Hey WAKE UP and see what these a**h***s have in mind for your state!" campaign might be effective.

...catering to soccer mom's and thus politicians and thus LEs wrong opinion about RKBA.
As always, one can't go wrong with spelling and grammar correction prior to submitting anything one has written to members of the legislature. I always assume what I submit could be held up to public scrutiny, even though it is more than likely never going to be read.

I just fetched July checklist summary by town/ward. If time permits later, I want to compare with votes cast (and I'll use gubernatorial as a bellwether) to see to what degree we're dealing with apathy, and thus to what degree a "Hey WAKE UP and see what these a**h***s have in mind for your state!" campaign might be effective.
We are dealing with apathy. Two people I worked with were NH gun owners. One was registered to vote, but never bothered. He didn't feel it was worth the trouble. The other one wasn't even registered, but was very much a FUDD. He only cared about hunting birds with his dogs. Some of the Vermonters that I was working with were more fired up and active during the last ban.

Folks.....the only solution is to do exactly what we've done in past years.....show up to hearings in mass numbers....force hearings to be moved to the house floor....have every single person testify and keep the hearings going until late in the night....

This. I truly believe that if we can get together a few hundred or a thousand people for a rally where we actually speak with reps that we can prevent a disaster. The antis are already mobile and we all know they can deploy several hundred unemployed sign holders on a few week days this Spring to make the media display spectacular....if we can put together grassroots numbers that are similar it will go a long way.

I was at the hearings in Massachusetts four years ago and despite being in the liberal stronghold of gun control in America gun owners were articulate, showed up en masse, and dodged anymore real infringements.

And here it is: [shocked]

upload_2018-11-29_11-28-20.png

OK, I'll send the spreadsheet to anyone who might be interested in the breakout by town/ward, but the statewide bottom line tells the tale:
Checklist total: 837,791
Republicans: 260,135 (31%)
Non-Democrats (R+L+U): 608,923 (73%)
Let's assume the Democrats, as NPCs, will vote en bloc. (Okay, so that isn't true, but for sake of argument let's write off the Ds.)
The opportunity lies in that 73%. Less 31% R, 42% of the checklist are NOT Republicans or Democrats. (I'm lumping Ls in with Us, but honestly there are only 235 Ls, so...)

There were 503,132 votes for governor, of which 267,776 (53%) voted for Sununu.
However, that 503,132 votes only represents 60% of the checklist, meaning only 32% of the checklist voted for Sununu.
Let's define "Opportunity" as those non-D voters (73% of the checklist: 608,923). Let's define "Lost Opportunity" as those he didn't get: 608,923-267,776 = 341,147. Some of these voted D (or L), and some stayed home.
In all, that 341,147 = 41% of the checklist!

Okay more fun with math! [grin]

I took the big spreadsheet, and for each town/ward, multiplied the "Lost Opportunity" (which again we're calling the R, L and U voters minus the actual votes for Sununu) by the % registered Republicans there. I called this "Focus" - maybe these people are reachable. To derank some of the more moonbatty places that may still have high % R enrollees, I further multiplied by the actual % vote for Sununu there, and sorted by this final number. Interesting (the top 30):

upload_2018-11-29_12-34-43.png

Okay more fun with math! [grin]

I took the big spreadsheet, and for each town/ward, multiplied the "Lost Opportunity" (which again we're calling the R, L and U voters minus the actual votes for Sununu) by the % registered Republicans there. I called this "Focus" - maybe these people are reachable. To derank some of the more moonbatty places that may still have high % R enrollees, I further multiplied by the actual % vote for Sununu there, and sorted by this final number. Interesting (the top 30):

View attachment 256679

Some unfortunate truths:
Not all liberty voters are Republican
Not all Republicans are liberty lovers
Not all Republicans vote Pro Gun
No Democrat is a liberty lover or recognizes the 2nd (and only the 1st, 4th a 10th amendment when convenient).

Some unfortunate truths:
Not all liberty voters are Republican
Not all Republicans are liberty lovers
Not all Republicans vote Pro Gun
No Democrat is a liberty lover or recognizes the 2nd (and only the 1st, 4th a 10th amendment when convenient).
Nevertheless, to win elections requires focusing limited resources where they can be most effective. Numbers-wise, (most of) those places would seem to be it.

We can sit back and whine, or we can fight it.

We all know Sununu will veto con carry repeal, he held a signing ceremony for it!! That doesn't mean he won't let something else make it through though, like the "red flag" bill Altschiller already filed.

I agree -- UBC and "red flag" will likely be the priorities for new dems coming into NH office, will need to be fought hard.

So, it looks like two key places to focus efforts on. First is what SpaceCritter it is getting at with the numbers for the next election cycle. The other is what Kevin_NH is getting at with the areas Sununu will be pressured at comming up in the next year. Makes sense.

Get personally involved. Change the numbers next election, run for rep. Some of the seats go uncontested.

In Virginia, VCDL (their version of GONH) does a Lobby Day in January, once the list of proposed bills is out. In the morning around 700 happy, peaceful gun owners, all carrying legally, go into the Assembly's building and meet with their state Reps and Sens to lobby for good bills and against bad ones. They meet with both pro and anti 2A pols and let them know that thousands who could not be there are informed about each bill and watching the process. Following that there is a lunchtime rally on the lawn.

Any chance of replicating that in NH?

In Virginia, VCDL (their version of GONH) does a Lobby Day in January, once the list of proposed bills is out. In the morning around 700 happy, peaceful gun owners, all carrying legally, go into the Assembly's building and meet with their state Reps and Sens to lobby for good bills and against bad ones. They meet with both pro and anti 2A pols and let them know that thousands who could not be there are informed about each bill and watching the process. Following that there is a lunchtime rally on the lawn.

Any chance of replicating that in NH?

GONH hasn't updated their home page since March. PGNH doesn't have a functioning website, apparently only a Twitter feed. NHFC is visible and current but WDLNH and PGNH hate them. All that is a long way of saying step one is to stop the infighting among NH Pro 2A groups. Step two is get organized. Part of organized is a robust internet presence, and offline networking, to get the word out and motivate people to show up. That has to be more selective and effective than the 3-5 emails I get every day telling me that JBTs are going to be kicking in my door tomorrow if I don't send a donation RIGHT NOW. [/rant]

Yes, there's a chance. It will take work. Do you have any contacts at VCDL who could give advice?

Coming from MA I have to say, a lack of participation by gun owners and single issue owners not supporting other issues that GOAL is working on, is more than hurting the cause, it's killing it. My major issue in MA is the suitability BS, but I went to the statehouse and met with my rep on any initiative that was pro 2a.

I moved to NH to escape the BS and I see the same stuff happening here, just a few years later. And I keep hearing "it can't happen here". You are wrong. It will happen here. Your rights are under a coordinated attack. You need to put your differences aside. The only separation should be state and federal issues, and only because they are fougnt in different venues.

First will come a repeal of CC, and some will say it doesn't affect me, and will not help.
Then will com AW and mag ban, and some will say it doesn't affect ma, and will not help.
Then will come a ban on all semi autos, and some will say it doesn't affect me, and will not help.
Then will come registration
Then confiscation of everything but boltaction hunting rifles.
Then those will become so restricted they will die with their current owners
And so liberty dies, not in my lifetime, but dead nonetheless.

I'm not standing by. As soon as I'm eligible imI running for state rep, what's your excuse.

Don't believe it can happen here? Look what happened in VT.

VT was always a big bag of fruits and nuts. You can not even compare them with NH. That's like comparing ND with CA. Big difference!
Didn't take long to get an it can't happen here response.
Manchester's mayor is a friend and supporter of Maura Healey, look at what they want.
The Lib\Dems have taken controle of the NH legislature.
I watched what happened to MA as it got worse and worse, initially believing it wouldn't really get that bad, a lot like what you are thinking right now.

Maybe some VT gun owners can speak up about how they feel about all their new restrictions.

Manchester's mayor is a friend and supporter of Maura Healey, look at what they want.
I watched what happened to MA as it got worse and worse, initially believing it wouldn't really get that bad, a lot like what you are thinking right now.

Maybe some VT gun owners can speak up about how they feel about all their new restrictions.

It can and will happen in NH if we don't get organized. The day I arrive I'm getting my NH DL and then calling each Pro 2A organization and putting together a large public rally. The bills will start hitting the ground in January so there's not a lot of time to get organized.

I never said that it can't happen here. However, I can tell you that it WON'T happen here very easy. That is for sure. You can just keep going on with your ma**h*** line of thinking. Just be sure to keep you head down and don't bring your shit up here. We do not want it. As for the Manch mayor being friends with Healey, that means nothing what so ever.

Back
Top Bottom