NH 2019 Legislative Defense

I never said that it can't happen here. However, I can tell you that it WON'T happen here very easy. That is for sure. You can just keep going on with your ma**h*** line of thinking. Just be sure to keep you head down and don't bring your shit up here. We do not want it. As for the Manch mayor being friends with Healey, that means nothing what so ever.

It is foolish to underestimate the powers of evil facing us. Let's see how much power the Demonrats have: Who are the Senators from New Hampshire? Who are the Congressmen?

Right. If the commies can win statewide elections, they can get legislation passed. I'm not saying they won fairly - evidence indicates that election fraud gave us Maggie Hassan. But by hook or crook, or as they say, BAMN.

In Virginia, VCDL (their version of GONH) does a Lobby Day in January, once the list of proposed bills is out. In the morning around 700 happy, peaceful gun owners, all carrying legally, go into the Assembly's building and meet with their state Reps and Sens to lobby for good bills and against bad ones. They meet with both pro and anti 2A pols and let them know that thousands who could not be there are informed about each bill and watching the process. Following that there is a lunchtime rally on the lawn.

Any chance of replicating that in NH?

Lol VCDL is nothing like GONH, or any other new england RKBA org, its 100 times better than any of them.

It sure as hell won't happen in NH until one of the 3 groups becomes dominant. Right now they are all running into conflict with one another at random odd intervals and that's not
really helpful. One of those groups even f***ed up constitutional carry (with "help" ) from the NRA years ago...

-Mike

Get personally involved. Change the numbers next election, run for rep. Some of the seats go uncontested.
Maybe in some areas, but places like Salem have a bunch of candidates, and if you're not a Good Old Boy, you get blown away. I only voted for 3 Reps in the Primary...only one got in.

Maybe in some areas, but places like Salem have a bunch of candidates, and if you're not a Good Old Boy, you get blown away. I only voted for 3 Reps in the Primary...only one got in.
Then it's time to study the party rules, and oust them if need me.

I missed this thread when it was originally posted.

I am one of those newly-elected members to the NH House. I am a hardcore advocate for individual rights: all of them, include RKBA.

Believe me, this is a hot topic among the Republican state reps; both the entire caucus, and the subset who are focused on liberty. We expect the first move to be a change in State House rules that bans carry within the building. We'll see how that goes, because it will probably set the tone on gun issues for the next two years.

Cliff notes version of the three orgs.

GONH

https://gonh.org

The NRA affiliate in NH......infamous for their involvement with NRA Rep Hohenwarter to derail ConCarry.....leadership is comprised mostly of elected officials....many of which are notoriously squishy establishment types

Website hasnt been updated since March of 2018......should tell you something

PGNH.....seemingly defunct gun/lobbying group.....website doesnt appear to exist anymore

NHFC https://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/

Only gun org in the state that actually stays active/enguaged and website currently discusses next legislative season and things we need to do

There is also Women's Defense League of New Hampshire, which has been very effective. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, some in that group are the sworn enemies of NHFC. Their most vocal speaker is committed to "100% with me, or 100% my enemy", and doesn't entertain any discussion.

I've tried, and been shunned. The only gun rights organization I am a member of is NHFC. I want to work with the others, but if they're not willing... I don't know what I can do.

I am one of those newly-elected members to the NH House. I am a hardcore advocate for individual rights: all of them, include RKBA.

Believe me, this is a hot topic among the Republican state reps; both the entire caucus, and the subset who are focused on liberty. We expect the first move to be a change in State House rules that bans carry within the building. We'll see how that goes, because it will probably set the tone on gun issues for the next two years.

There is also Women's Defense League of New Hampshire, which has been very effective. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, some in that group are the sworn enemies of NHFC. Their most vocal speaker is committed to "100% with me, or 100% my enemy", and doesn't entertain any discussion.

I've tried, and been shunned. The only gun rights organization I am a member of is NHFC. I want to work with the others, but if they're not willing... I don't know what I can do.
It's sad. Since we bought a house in NH last week and plan on moving their, I was looking up info on the 3 orgs. Sam Cohen was a friend going back to his days at GOAL, so he signed us up on Pro-Gun NH when he started the group (he also explained why they broke away from GONH) but I spotted that the org appears dead/defunct now. GONH IIRC hired Mike Nastek (another friend from the days we took NEShooters.com classes together) for some function (I forget what his title was) and I find their website to essentially be defunct. Indeed NHFC seems to be the only active group, so that's the one I plan on joining once we do our final move.

Please keep us updated from the inside. Design used to while he was there, and that was very helpful.

Also, and maybe this aught to be a side conversation/pm thing, but if you need any help with anything, please let us know. I have a pretty easy schedule ahead of me for the next 3-4 months, I can probably be pretty active.

Humm, I wonder who that could be?! [/sarc]

They had me second guessing NHFC. I know there has part of the bills that we haven't all agreed on but we need to work together then next 2 years.

From the facebook wars, it seems like the issue is the way NHFC goes after Reps/Senators even if they are pro 2a. Maybe they should be a little more tactful?

I think we need to take serious, coordinated action in the meatspace. Anyone interested in meet to discuss plans please PM me.

Cliff notes version of the three orgs.

GONH

https://gonh.org

The NRA affiliate in NH......infamous for their involvement with NRA Rep Hohenwarter to derail ConCarry.....leadership is comprised mostly of elected officials....many of which are notoriously squishy establishment types

Website hasnt been updated since March of 2018......should tell you something

PGNH.....seemingly defunct gun/lobbying group.....website doesnt appear to exist anymore

NHFC https://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/

Only gun org in the state that actually stays active/enguaged and website currently discusses next legislative season and things we need to do

PGNH sent a letter shortly before the election that wrapped an endorsement of Negron and Edwards in a whole lot of attack on NHFC. Their priorities were wrong.

Update: It was an email that got its own very short thread at the time.

Rec'd Today From PRO-GUN New Hampshire re: Negron & Edwards

Last edited:

Congrats on the win! Unfortunately being in the most liberal part of the state I wasn't as lucky. We'll see what 2020 brings.

Count me in to help. I don't have a ton of time but I'll do what I can when I can.

From the facebook wars, it seems like the issue is the way NHFC goes after Reps/Senators even if they are pro 2a. Maybe they should be a little more tactful?
NHFC, like many lobbying groups, wants an answer from all candidates, or they will rank them as having refused the survey.

I have no idea how many surveys I declined to answer during the election cycle, but it was always for groups who would have given me a bad rating if I'd answered honestly; I just didn't waste my time on those.

As for tact, both groups could use a little more.

They had me second guessing NHFC. I know there has part of the bills that we haven't all agreed on but we need to work together then next 2 years.

The people who hate on NHFC for going after reps/senators who don't fully commit to being pro2a (intentionally or otherwise) also go after reps and senators who act badly on other issues (Medicaid Expansion, for one). The hypocrisy is jarring.

WRT the change on carry in state house, I would argue that absent passage of a law including signed by gov or override veto that the house/senate do not have the legal authority to institute any such ban

This needs to be challenged in court imho

The House has the constitutional power to make the rules. Such a lawsuit will fail.

"[Art.] 22. [House to Elect Speaker and Officers, Settle Rules of Proceedings, and Punish Misconduct.] The House of Representatives shall choose their own Speaker, appoint their own officers, and settle the rules of proceedings in their own House; and shall be judge of the returns, elections, and qualifications, of its members, as pointed out in this Constitution. They shall have authority to punish, by imprisonment, every person who shall be guilty of disrespect to the House, in its presence, by any disorderly and contemptuous behavior, or by threatening, or illtreating, any of its members; or by obstructing its deliberations; every person guilty of a breach of its privileges, in making arrests for debt, or by assaulting any member during his attendance at any session; in assaulting or disturbing any one of its officers in the execution of any order or procedure of the House; in assaulting any witness, or other person, ordered to attend, by and during his attendance of the House; or in rescuing any person arrested by order of the House, knowing them to be such."

Rules of proceedings govern behavior/conduct and the overall process.

It does not trump a constitutionally guaranteed right that does not in any way, shape or form interfere with the house conducting business.

The house has no more power to ban people from wearing blue blazers and jeans than they do to ban concealed carry within the legislative building complex

If they make the decree, you'll have to litigate it.

So already 837 bills have been noticed for introduction on the first day of the 2019 General Court. Many of them are anti-gun, and many are anti-freedom in a number of ways. The Fascists totally flipped the legislature, and have almost veto-proof majorities in both houses. It remains to be seen how many of those races were tainted by fraud.

If you want to do something, a good way to start is to join the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance (NHLiberty.org). They are putting on a class about how to read bills and evaluate them for publication in the NHLA and other media, this Saturday 12/8 at 1300 at Murphy's Tavern on Elm St. in Manchester. I will be there.

Thanks, spacecritter. I fixed the link.

Last edited:
If you want to do something, a good way to start is to join the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance (NHLA.org). They are putting on a class about how to read bills and evaluate them for publication in the NHLA and other media, this Saturday 12/8 at 1300 at Murphy's Tavern on Elm St. in Manchester. I will be there.

nhla.org returns New Hampshire Legal Assistance:
NHLA's mission is to fulfill America’s promise of equal justice by providing civil legal services to New Hampshire’s poor, including education and empowerment, advice, representation, and advocacy for systemic change.

I'm guessing not the same people. [thinking]

Methinks New Hampshire Liberty Alliance is:
Home - New Hampshire Liberty Alliance

NH Liberty Alliance, NHLiberty.org is the group that hosts training on how to read bills. They do a good job or protecting our individual freedoms.

Back
Top Bottom