NES Thread Link
HB1101 -FN​
imposing a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm​
Passed House 2/20 184-134/Referred to Senate Jud Cmt​
HB1115​
relative to the discharge of a firearm in the compact part of a city or town.​
Cmte vote ITL​
HB1143​
repealing limited liability for manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition.​
Passed House 170-126​
HB1285​
relative to possession of firearms on school property.​
Passed House 182-141​
HB1349​
establishing a committee to study firearms incidents involving children with access to unsecured firearms.​
Passed House 205-128​
HB1350​
requiring a locking safety device be provided for commercial firearm sales and transfers.​
House ITL 169-153​
HB1374​
relative to voluntarily surrendered firearms.​
Passed House 181-141​
HB1379 -FN​
requiring a background check for commercial firearms sales.​
Passed House 196-152. Senate hearing pending​
HB687 -FN
relative to extreme risk protection orders.
Passed by House Senate Hearing Pending​
HB1509​
"Go to college, lose your guns"​
Refer for Interim Study: MA VV 02/19/2020​
HB1159​
relative to cyberbullying, cyberstalking, and doxxing of a public servant.​
Refer for Interim Study:​
HB1571​
relative to the qualifications for the members of the fish and game commission.​
Lay on Table: MA RC 183-126​
HB1660​
establishing a protective order for vulnerable adults.​
Passed house/senate-not sent to gov yet​
HB251​
relative to criminal background checks for education personnel.​
Pending Hearing/Wu Flu
SB469​
"2020 range repeal act"​
2/18 Committee Report: ITL​

HB1608-FN​
"Standard Capacity Mag Ban of 2020"​
Passed House 150-145​
HB1608
SB677​
relative to protective orders for vulnerable adults.​
Refer to Interim Study​

]

Last edited:
Wait till you see the list of stupid shit they've already for being too stupid/pointless......lets start with an attempt to repeal article 2A, multiple AWB/Mag bills, basically a list of tyranny of every flavor........

Withdrawn LSR's added to OP
Well, I hope we're running radio ads featuring their proposals and cartoon sounds:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvl_IGwyCmU

then reminding people these creatures are, in fact, elected officials and their proposals are FOR REAL, and could actually become law if they don't get their asses in gear.

Adult protective order/Red Flag bills added to post one and new thread for these two bills here

HB 1143 hearing scheduled for 02/05/2020 11:00 am LOB 208

repealing limited liability for manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition.​

Looks like there was decent turnout for the waiting period and UBC bills today....made it into the UL pretty quick

HB1350 Requiring a locking device to be sold with firearms hearing scheduled for Wed 02/05/2020 01:00 pm LOB 204

HB1571 hearing regarding who may server on F&G commission scheduled 02/04/2020 02:00 pm LOB 210-211

HB1608 standard capacity magazine ban scheduled for Wed 02/12/2020 01:00 pm LOB 204

This is very simialar to the BS that Vermont passed recently.

SB677 hearing scheduled for Tues 01/28/2020,HB1660 are bad bills

these are both red flag gun/laughtenberg amendment gun confiscation bills

So, we have a bill that was missed,

Its ANOTHER red flag bill with 4th/5th a violations, due process violations and will most certainly invoke laughtenberg violations

SB574 relative to a petition for protective order filed on behalf of a child. Hearing is scheduled for 02/11/2020 at 10:15 AM SH Room 100

Sponsors are the usual cabal

SPONSORS: Sen. Hennessey, Dist 5; Sen. Cavanaugh, Dist 16; Sen. Soucy, Dist 18

Personally I question the efficacy of having a "Protest" at the capitol on a day that none of the politicians being PROTESTED are present.......
I can see your point, but a public display by a woman's pro gun group is good for the cause. So even if the timing isn't perfect, and when is it ever perfect, it's better than not doing it.

It's not for the politicians. It's for the public, and publicity.
The issue is the sponsors are relying on the press [fabulously pro-gun...[sarcasm]] to send out the message. The best day for a rally is a Thursday when the members are in session. We should plan one on a Thursday with enough time for people to take off of work!

The issue is the sponsors are relying on the press [fabulously pro-gun...[sarcasm]] to send out the message. The best day for a rally is a Thursday when the members are in session. We should plan one on a Thursday with enough time for people to take off of work!
I know that, and I agree. But every time there's an event on a weekday, someone always pipes up with, "But why don't they do it when I don't have to be at work?!?!"

I can't go to the WDL event, because I have to be at work on Saturdays. I gave up my weekends when I got elected, so I can work my day job Friday-Monday, and do Concord stuff Tuesday-Thursday.

KBCraig,
I guess they don't care enough about protecting their rights. I always hear, 'from my cold dead hands' but the reality is a day off from work will do far more good than declarative statements. If work is for most like it is for me, there is plenty of vacation time waiting to be used up, just work is so busy that taking time off is hard.

KBCraig,
I guess they don't care enough about protecting their rights. I always hear, 'from my cold dead hands' but the reality is a day off from work will do far more good than declarative statements. If work is for most like it is for me, there is plenty of vacation time waiting to be used up, just work is so busy that taking time off is hard.
I know it is. I'm not blaming anyone for having to earn a living.

I do too. I normally work four days a week at my day job, with Tue/Wed/Thur scheduled off. My committee meets on Tuesdays and session days are Thursday, so I usually have Wednesday as a day off.

Because the Democrats wimped out because of weather 2/6, we're now behind schedule, and next week is a deadline week for certain bills. I'll have committee Tuesday, full house session days Wednesday *and* Thursday, and my county delegation meeting on Friday.

I have to squeeze my day job hours in there somewhere.

KBCraig, you are clearly on the front lines protecting our rights, we need more people to join you

KBCraig, you are clearly on the front lines protecting our rights, we need more people to join you
I appreciate that, because there are many weeks that I feel like I'm failing the job that pays me more than $100/yr. And may I say: thank you for your service!

I'm fortunate that my boss is understanding, and values my efforts and experience. It probably helps that I've taken maybe three sick days in over five years, and while I usually juggle my days off between the job and the State House, next week will be the first time that I am booked solid on all days.

You need to protest like they do in France. Bring in the farmers with the manure flinging trucks.

You need to protest like they do in France. Bring in the farmers with the manure flinging trucks.
Rep. John Burt did bring his classic Farmall tractor and manure spreader to the State House lawn last year.

No manure was spread on the lawn, because more than enough was being spewed inside.

NHFC just sent out the following alert:

Every week, it seems like another anti-gun bill is being introduced. Sometimes, it seems like the gun-grabbers have unlimited resources to take away our rights and are able to introduce several anti-gun bills, this week it is “just” one.... Phew... [Fighting these anti-gun bills can seem exhausting sometimes, especially when the committees are stacked against you. If you are interested in helping us with alerts or interested in helping NHFC as a volunteer in some other form, please use our contact tab and let us know.]

This week the bill is HB1115, the “2020 Private Range Closure Act”. The bill will be heard by the Municipal & County Government committee tomorrow morning (Tuesday 2/18) at 11:00 am in LOB room 301. This bill would increase the distance between someone discharging a firearm and any commercial building or house or group of houses that are a certain distance apart. The bill would also increase the minimum distance that discharging a firearm is illegal from any property the local town officials designate for ‘recreational use’. This means, anti-gun local town officials could wipe out shooting sports in a number of areas of your town. Simply put, this would end private ranges in most of Southern New Hampshire.

There is absolutely no reason to do this. It is a feel-good attempt to erode the rights of law-abiding citizens who wish to shoot on their own property. There is not an issue in New Hampshire with the law as it currently exists. Many people in rural towns of NH legally and safety target shoot under the current law of 300 feet from an occupied dwelling. There is no need to extend the reach of this law.

This proposal, taken in conjunction with SB 469 [A bill which is still alive in the Senate Judiciary Committee] which proposes to close existing and legal firing ranges, is nothing more than an on-going attempt to eliminate any and all opportunities for law-abihttps://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/contact-us/ding citizens of the state to practice shooting. Both HB1115 AND SB 469 should be deemed inexpedient to legislate. [killed]

MUNICIPAL AND COUNTY GOVERNMENT, Room 301, LOB
11:00 a.m. HB1115, the “2020 Private Range Closure Act” HB 1115, relative to the discharge of a firearm in the compact part of a city or town.

You can send the following letter to the Municipal & County Government committee:
[[email protected]]

Dear Representative:

I am writing to you about a bill that will be heard tomorrow morning (Tuesday 2/18 at 11:00am).

HB 1115 is yet another encroachment on the Second Amendment rights of the citizens of New Hampshire.

Under the legislation, local communities would be empowered to expand the number of properties around which it would be illegal to discharge a firearm and the area around buildings where it is currently illegal to discharge a firearm would increase to 900 feet. The requested increase is so large, that it would effectively wipe out most private firearms ranges in southern New Hampshire.

Bottom line, HB 1115 is yet another sneak attack on gun rights under the guise of safety.

Rather than increasing safety, it would create a patchwork quilt of uncertainty and danger. Landowners and sportsmen could easily find themselves unintentionally violating the law. Citizens might be discouraged from keeping their skills sharp as their access to private ranges would be eliminated.

There is absolutely no reason to do this. It is a feel-good attempt to erode the rights of law-abiding citizens who wish to shoot on their own property. There is not an issue in New Hampshire with the law as it currently exists. Many people in rural towns of NH legally and safety target shoot under the current law of 300 feet from an occupied dwelling. There is no need to change the law.

This proposal, taken in conjunction with SB 469 which proposes to close existing and legal firing ranges, is nothing more than an on-going attempt to eliminate any and all opportunities for law-abiding citizens of the state to practice shooting.
HB 1115 is also an attack on hunting in southern New Hampshire. It would make much of the southern part of the state unhuntable.

If you stand with New Hampshire’s landowners and sportsmen, then I urge you to vote HB 1115 inexpedient to legislate.

I would ask you to find HB 1115 INEXPEDIENT TO LEGISLATE. (ITL)

Sincerely,

In addition to this one public hearing on HB1115, there are 4 bills on the floor that need to be killed: One of the bills came out of committee with a motion INEXPEDIENT TO LEGISLATE. (ITL) so we have focused our letters to the House Members on the other bills. NHFC has mailed out first class letters to all of the House members asking that these bills be stopped. Now it is your turn to make that same request. Please remind your Representative that all four of these bills need to be killed: Please ask your State Rep to vote to ITL all four of these bills!

HB 1101-FN, “Buy a Gun, Go Home Without it” [AKA] imposing a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm.
HB 1350, “2020 Mandatory Gun Lock Tax“ [AKA] requiring a locking safety device be provided for commercial firearm sales and transfers.
HB 1379-FN, “Universal Gun registration” [AKA] requiring a background check for commercial firearms sales.
HB 1660-FN, “Eldercare Gun Confiscation” [AKA] establishing a protective order for vulnerable adults.
We would ask that you also contact your reps and remind them that they took an oath to uphold the Constitution an and that by voting to pass any of these measures that they are violating their oath.

“Shall NOT be infringed” in 2020 means just what it did in 1776! Keep your hands off of my firearms.

You can view the letter that were sent out here:

You can cut and paste this text into any letter that you write:
Here is where you find the contact information for your own legislators:

Given all of the anti-gun bills, one might think this is hopeless, but that is far from the truth. One of this years Anti-gun bills is already dead (SB624) and there is a real possibility that two more of this weeks bills may die in the house because of your activism. Never, never give up!

Hi, I’m new here and also a new resident to NH. I moved away from Massachusetts to get away from this nonsense. If there is anyway I can help fight the good fight (besides voting of course. It’ll be nice having my vote really count for the first time in my life) please send me a PM with details. Thanks for all who are keeping up the constant battle.

Hi, I’m new here and also a new resident to NH. I moved away from Massachusetts to get away from this nonsense. If there is anyway I can help fight the good fight (besides voting of course. It’ll be nice having my vote really count for the first time in my life) please send me a PM with details. Thanks for all who are keeping up the constant battle.

Back
Top Bottom