NH: 2020 proprosed bill titles [LSRs] are now on line

More anti-gun bills have been posted.
Something must be in the water in district 3 in Manchester. The spouse of this rep used to have A with a pro-liberty group and has since dropped to a F...

2020-2150 HB Title: repealing limited liability for manufacturers, distributors, dealers or importers of firearms or ammunition.
Sponsors: (Prime) Andrew Bouldin
Yes, she went a bit hard left.

You may have noticed that when they got married, he took her last name.

She and I used to be pretty good friends. The first time we saw each other in person at the state house, she asked if we could have a hug, and of course I said yes. It was bittersweet, because she and her husband will vote 100% against me. Her daughter sang the National Anthem to open one Session Day. I wish her/them well, but I regret that she went so anti-freedom.

I thought this was a federal thing.
Theoretically, NH residents could sue NH firearms manufacturers for harms caused by NH-manufactured firearms that weren't involved in interstate commerce.

The tricky thing is that everything after Wickard v. Filburn (1942) involves interstate commerce. If Mr. Rep. Bouldin wants to argue that firearms manufactured in NH and never transferred outside the state are not "interstate commerce", then he will have the full support of every firearms manufacturer, including those who only manufacture Title 2 items like silencers.

We'll all agree with him. The BATF will not.

USSC has already ruled wrt firearms that interstate commerce is not unlimited/as broad as you seem to suggest.......recall that the first GFSZA was struck down as being too broad......the second version that Gingrich and the rest of the GOP passed under clinton in the 90's is much more narrowly defined and I do not believe that we've yet had a prosecution wrt a firearm that was manufactured in same state as the accused

Didn't this just happen to a dude (vet, I believe) down in Kansas or some place? Homeboy bought a local made suppressor without getting a stamp and got hammered, brought it to court and Trump told them to ignore the case?

I have been drinking heavily lately, so my memory is a little hazy, take this for what it's worth.

Now you're just making shit up.

I went into the way back machine to see...

Its shenanigans no matter how you slice it

One person
One vote

Sorry, no. "One person one vote" forces voters to make one choice, when more than one might be acceptable. As often as not, they'll choose None Of The Above and simply refuse to vote in that race.

Approval voting advances all those who are "good enough", while holding back all those who aren't.

Let NES be the judge.

ROFL

Who effing cares......your argument is akin to complaining about a 3 day waiting period to purchase guns vs a 2 day waiting period..........both suck, are not constitutional and infringe upon the rights of people.

The dem proposed changes to voting in NH will have the same impact that it has in maine.....specifically to make things unnecessarily complicated and introduce opportunities for MORE voter fraud and manipulation of winners.

No matter how you slice it the proposed changes dems are trying to ram home are a bad idea

Where in the Constitution does it specify the voting method?

Hint: It doesn't. Aside from the electoral college and some votes in Congress, the US Constitution is 100% SILENT on how voting is to be done. It is left to the Congress and to the states to determine how an election is held.

In NH, the constitution used to say that senators were elected by a majority of votes but that was changed to plurality in 1912.

[Art.] 33. [Secretary of State to Count Votes for Senators and Notify Persons Elected.] And that there may be a due meeting of senators and representatives on the first Wednesday of December, biennially, the secretary of state shall, as soon as may be, examine the returned copy of such records; and fourteen days before the first Wednesday of December, he shall issue his summons to such persons as appear to be chosen senators and representatives, by a plurality of votes, to attend and take their seats on that day.

Same for Governor:

[Art.] 42. [Election of Governor, Return of Votes; Electors; If No Choice, Legislature to Elect One of Two Highest Candidates; Qualifications for Governor.] The governor shall be chosen biennially in the month of November; and the votes for governor shall be received, sorted, counted, certified and returned, in the same manner as the votes for senators; and the secretary shall lay the same before the senate and house of representatives, on the first Wednesday following the first Tuesday of January to be by them examined, and in case of an election by a plurality of votes through the state, the choice shall be by them declared and published. And the qualifications of electors of the governor shall be the same as those for senators; and if no person shall have a plurality of votes, the senate and house of representatives shall, by joint ballot elect one of the two persons, having the highest number of votes, who shall be declared governor.

Specifically, Dover Democrat Peter B. Schmidt LSR#2020-2262 the title of which is, "Establishing a committee to study..."

Study committees, where bad ideas go to die... and bad reps, judging by Pete's photo.
Peter-Schmidt-Dover2a-1.jpg

2020-2692 HB Title: relative to limiting access to firearms for persons with serious mental illness.
Sponsors: (Prime) Alicia Lekas
2020-2699 HB Title: allowing licensed mental health professionals to limit access to firearms for certain clients.
Sponsors: (Prime) Alicia Lekas

The last one is a real nugget....allowing "mental health professionals" to make determinations wrt constitutional rights and clients......that is guaranteed to further discourage people from seeking health and even scarier what of the situation where a judge orders an evaluation of someone.......nothing to see here....move along

Both of those are real head-scratchers. Alicia is a firearms instructor and founding member of Women's Defense League of New Hampshire. I have no idea what she's thinking.

UPDATE!

Alicia Lekas has withdrawn those LSRs. They only existed because of a screwup in communication with OLS -- it was only supposed to be one placeholder because of a case in her district where someone was an imminent threat, and somehow got turned into two separate bill titles.

These bills are dead and won't exist with her name on them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom