• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Alert: SB116. Still on the Gov's desk. ***Vetoed***

Tonight, 7/15/2016, I attended the Ashland NH American Legion political dinner. Kelly Ayotte and Chris Sununu attended and spoke. When it was question time for Chris Sununu, I spoke of the history and the effort that went into 116 last year only to be vetoed by Gov. Hassen. I then questioned Chris Sununu (running for gov of NH) of what he would do on the issue of Constitutional Carry and with out a blink of an eye he said "that he would pass it into law". He spoke this in a crowd of at least 80 to 100 people, with a large # of reps present. Many people thanked me for asking this after.

Yeah yeah. Either of them would sign a CC bill put forward by an R majority. The most weasley R would. Even Lynch might have. Getting anyone with an R into the governorship right now will accomplish more than all the BS R infighting of the last 6 years.

Yeah yeah. Either of them would sign a CC bill put forward by an R majority. The most weasley R would. Even Lynch might have. Getting anyone with an R into the governorship right now will accomplish more than all the BS R infighting of the last 6 years.

ayotte wrote an opinion opposing castle doctrine as nh ag and is now supporting new gun control efforts in the senate to compliment her violations of 4a/5a/10a and a raft of other constitutional principles

sununu has a long history of being unreliable....most recently he stated that the most important job of gov is to grow the economy....sununu hasnt so much as read the NH Constitution.....

Really, Chris Sununu, THAT is what the role of NH Governor is supposed to be? - Granite Grok

Last edited:
No, she opposed stand your ground, not castle. I have corrected you on that more than once before. You have not read the very stuff you are on about, yet you hold yourself out as some kind of political judge. Sh*tting on moderate Rs instead of supporting the Rs you prefer is why we have ended up with our extreme Ds in Congress, the governor's mansion, and you and yours are setting us up for two more of them.

WHO DO YOU PREFER? Support them, stop crapping on the moderates, in case they are who we end up with in the election. Do you really prefer Maggie to Ayotte if it comes to that?

It is a very real distinction. You don't know the law, can't name a better candidate, throw vague damnations around, and flat out admit you would rather have an extreme anti-gun, anti-liberty, big-spending, radical left Democrat in the US Senate than a moderate R. Ok, thanks.

I now know what team you play for.

Do you really prefer Maggie to Ayotte if it comes to that?

On 2A Maggie is our enemy and Kelly is our false friend. What is there to prefer? An open enemy is easier to fight because more people will see the threat.

P.S. Time for the OP to change the title to Constitutional Carry Megathread.

You two are hilarious. You seriously equate Ayotte's shitty proposal on no fly lists with Hassans call for outright national confiscation. Ok, guys.

"The perfect is the enemy of the good" - Ayotte may suck, but until you have someone better to get out there, sh*tting on her only gives us Hassan in the US Senate. Nice job!

4 other choices for US Senate? Are you kidding? Ayotte is practically UNOPPOSED in the primary and Rubens, a practical unknown, is the ONLY R on the ballot for her US Senate seat. JPK - you're a hardcore R party man. Where is your candidate? Jim Rubens? Where is anything about him in the press? Have you posted one dang word about him?

I'm not pimping her - that is the point. I'm not sh*tting on her either, because I have seen the last 6 what years you and yours have done to this state with your "perfect or nothing" attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to point out that here we had a candidate flat out state he would have signed the Con Carry bill Hassan vetoed and your reaction was to sh*t on it.

More Hassan for you!

Last edited:
Several of those already said they had dropped out, jpk.

You like going down rabbit holes.

Answer the question: Who on the list do you back? What do you like about them?

"Pimp" someone instead of just griping all the time.

Several of those already said they had dropped out, jpk.

You like going down rabbit holes.

Answer the question: Who on the list do you back? What do you like about them?

"Pimp" someone instead of just griping all the time.

Edelblut and Rubins are still in the race and BOTH are better on the issues than Ayotte/Sununu

Great. Who do you prefer and why, and on which issues?

put the bottle down and read previous posts

edit: I'm sorry, I should have posted reasons again.....everyone has reading comprehension issues from time to time

http://granitegrok.com/blog/2016/07...alliance-endorses-frank-edelblut-for-governor

http://granitegrok.com/blog/2016/07/the-603-alliance-announces-endorsements-in-nh-state-level-races

http://603alliance.org/

https://www.conservativereview.com/members/kelly-ayotte/liberty-card/

Want more look at CNHT

Last edited:
You two are hilarious. You seriously equate Ayotte's shitty proposal on no fly lists with Hassans call for outright national confiscation.

A little bit pregnant.
Camel's nose under the tent.

Anyone can be put on the no fly list and there is no way to get off it without intervention from powerful friends. Few people have those. It's a shame you don't see how dangerous it is.

You honestly can't say which of Edelblut or Rubens you prefer and why? Really?

Since they are not running AGAINST one another there's no need to choose between the two.......

The point being is that both are better on the issues than the folks they are running against

Since they are not running AGAINST one another there's no need to choose between the two.......

The point being is that both are better on the issues than the folks they are running against
So now you don't even know how a primary works. You won't get two votes. Who do you prefer?

If you oppose a candidate leading in the polls and back two others, the ones you back aren't likely to win. They are running for the same job. You don't get to cast one vote for each and neither do any of us. If we do not rally behind ONE candidate, then you can rest assured, a weak candidate - good or bad - with little real support is who will go up against Queen Maggie. And thereby lose.

Is there nothing specific and positive you can say about either that makes one or the other your preferred candidate? Seriously, your first post on here, years ago, was a crap on Ayotte. Yeah, we get it, she's a sucky conservative. But crapping on her year after year while building up no one else gives us candidates who just get creamed at the polls, or bags like Brown thrown at us by the national party just for the seat.

So now you don't even know how a primary works. You won't get two votes. Who do you prefer?

If you oppose a candidate leading in the polls and back two others, the ones you back aren't likely to win. They are running for the same job. You don't get to cast one vote for each and neither do any of us. If we do not rally behind ONE candidate, then you can rest assured, a weak candidate - good or bad - with little real support is who will go up against Queen Maggie. And thereby lose.

Is there nothing specific and positive you can say about either that makes one or the other your preferred candidate? Seriously, your first post on here, years ago, was a crap on Ayotte. Yeah, we get it, she's a sucky conservative. But crapping on her year after year while building up no one else gives us candidates who just get creamed at the polls, or bags like Brown thrown at us by the national party just for the seat.

Strange....now you're just being a troll

Edelbut is running for Gov and Rubins is running for Senate........all of us that register to vote in the primary will have an opportunity to vote the candidate of our choice for each office

You want to know more about thee candidates then make the effort to look at the SoS site and go to the candidates websites/other sources of info.....I'm not their spokesperson and I didnt stay at a holiday inn last night

Meke the effort instead of voting for the same excrement for the same bad reasons election cycle

- - - Updated - - -

Frank Edelblut for Governor.

Anybody but Ayotte in the primary.

this

QFT

Frank Edelblut for Governor.

Anybody but Ayotte in the primary.

+1 for picking a candidate for SOMETHING. I'm planning to vote Rubens in the primary for Senate, because I am more or less OK with his (long past but still) party-independent economically-conservative record (and good on gun laws, too) and think he might actually have a chance against Maggie assuming he gets some publicity.

But I am not going to - like some people - just post negatives about one candidate without posting who I prefer (and why) and working to get people to back them. Otherwise, we just split the vote and ensure the weakened incumbent stumbles on to lose the main election.

- - - Updated - - -

jpk - asking you to list any specifics as to why one candidate is better than another rather than "everyone against the one you don't like" is trolling? Really? Man, and you tell me to put down the bottle.

Last edited:
But I am not going to - like some people - just post negatives about one candidate without posting who I prefer and working to get people to back them. Otherwise, we just split the vote and ensure the weakened incumbent stumbles on to lose the main election.

- - - Updated - - -

jpk - asking you to list any specifics as to why one candidate is better than another rather than "everyone against the one you don't like" is trolling? Really? Man, and you tell me to put down the bottle.

Strange

Why dont you give us a good reason to vote for Ayotte since you've told us previously in this threat that its either Ayotte or Hasson......

I've given you LOTS of reasons why she doesnt deserve our vote......why dont you counter and tell us all why she DOES deserve our vote?

You just won't reply to a simply question, will you?
Strange

Why dont you give us a good reason to vote for Ayotte since you've told us previously in this threat that its either Ayotte or Hasson......

I've given you LOTS of reasons why she doesnt deserve our vote......why dont you counter and tell us all why she DOES deserve our vote?

In the primary I plan to vote for Rubens, as I said, for the reasons I stated above - in short because he has a (long ago but still solid) record of being an economic conservative who is good on firearms issues. If he takes the primary, I'll vote for him in the main election.

If it comes down to Hassan vs. Ayotte, I'll vote for Ayotte, because Hassan has declared she will back an AWB among other anti-gun laws, and Ayotte has a record of opposing the AWB and several other anti-gun measures, even though she has been about the same level of crappy on some civil liberties as Hassan has stated she will be.

Too nuanced for you? You'd rather just sh*t on candidates and lose the seat?

Well, there it is. You'd essentially prefer a national AWB supporter just to make your point and hope "folks see the enemy clearly". I'll tell you, they will indeed clearly see the enemy, and the pendulum will swing back to the right, at which point any wishy-washy RINO will then be able to get in because the "enemy" will be an extreme-left D. You don't get a solid conservative coalition in reaction to the extreme left. You get there slowly by moving more and more conservatives in behind whoever holds the beach, even if you don't like them.

We clearly don't agree on strategy. Let's hope Rubens makes it in the primary. At least we'll agree on a candidate in the general US Senate election, then.

Well, there it is. You'd essentially prefer a national AWB supporter just to make your point and hope "folks see the enemy clearly". I'll tell you, they will indeed clearly see the enemy, and the pendulum will swing back to the right, at which point any wishy-washy RINO will then be able to get in because the "enemy" will be an extreme-left D. You don't get a solid conservative coalition in reaction to the extreme left. You get there slowly by moving more and more conservatives in behind whoever holds the beach, even if you don't like them.

We clearly don't agree on strategy. Let's hope Rubens makes it in the primary. At least we'll agree on a candidate in the general US Senate election, then.

The "strategy" you advocate is that we should drive off the cliff at 40 MPH instead of 80 MPH

Somehow driving off the cliff at a lower speed is less fatal?

Ayotte and Hassan are both progressives and both take us off the cliff

The sad part about all of this is that very few people learn lessons the easy way......

The "strategy" you advocate is that we should drive off the cliff at 40 MPH instead of 80 MPH

Somehow driving off the cliff at a lower speed is less fatal?

Ayotte and Hassan are both progressives and both take us off the cliff

The sad part about all of this is that very few people learn lessons the easy way......
Ok, you've descended to amorphous analogy now, and still have not given any specific positives behind any candidate. When the election happens, most Rs are gonna vote R. We need to be talking UP the preferred candidate, so the undeclared >1/3 of this state will go for them. Not sure why you can't come up with anything around the candidates you like. You realize we win elections in NH by persuading over 1/3 of the voters over to our side? You can't do that by just crapping on your party's incumbent candidate you don't like. Heck, crap on Maggie for a while on DU or some Granite lefty board. It would do more good. Maybe you really do just want to drive that car off the cliff.

Ok, you've descended to amorphous analogy now, and still have not given any specific positives behind any candidate. When the election happens, most Rs are gonna vote R. We need to be talking UP the preferred candidate, so the undeclared >1/3 of this state will go for them. Not sure why you can't come up with anything around the candidates you like. You realize we win elections in NH by persuading over 1/3 of the voters over to our side? You can't do that by just crapping on your party's incumbent candidate you don't like. Heck, crap on Maggie for a while on DU or some Granite lefty board. It would do more good. Maybe you really do just want to drive that car off the cliff.

How many times do you need links to endorsements and reasons why they are better candidates

You may not like the analogies but the fact of the matter remains that we are a lot worse off as a result of the horrific votes that Ayotte has cast and the fact of the matter is that she's goes against the party platform 7/10 times she votes......you know....the party platform that we as a party adopt?

Her votes are more consistent with the Dem platform than ours!!!

How and WHY would you talk up a crap sandwich?

Ayotte needs to go

Lots of us had hope for her in 2010 but she chose to vote for a progressive agenda instead of defending her constituents

Well, I asked for your reasons you personally back the candidates you prefer, not analogies to cars or links to various groups' endorsements, but I guess we're done "discussing" candidates. Let's hope that Edelblut wins the primary and the governorship - and that, if Sununu wins the primary, he holds to the promise that sparked this side trip down "crap sandwich" lane.
How many times do you need links to endorsements and reasons why they are better candidates

You may not like the analogies but the fact of the matter remains that we are a lot worse off as a result of the horrific votes that Ayotte has cast and the fact of the matter is that she's goes against the party platform 7/10 times she votes......you know....the party platform that we as a party adopt?

Her votes are more consistent with the Dem platform than ours!!!

How and WHY would you talk up a crap sandwich?

Ayotte needs to go

Lots of us had hope for her in 2010 but she chose to vote for a progressive agenda instead of defending her constituents

While perfect is generally the enemy of good I need to point out that Ayotte does not even qualify as good. If the choice is Ayotte vs Hassan, it is basically a choice of mostly evil vs full evil.

What is the point of voting for slightly less evil? Especially when the Fed is basically a lost cause anyways?

Focus on the state level candidates (Governor and lower) by donating money and time, donate to The Foundation for New Hampshire Independence, and make the case for liberty and #NHexit with everyone you meet. The only way to truly win is to convince those around you that liberty is the true path to prosperity.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom