• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Alert: State Representatives needed, (58 candidates still needed)

Unlike MA, NH is a "volunteer" state legislature. This means every two years we need to find, recruit and train 400 state rep candidates to run for office. As of 5/29 there were still 58 seats that are in winnable districts that we do not have a candidate for. 27 of those seats are a virtual win.

I would hate to lose those races because no one was willing to run and an anti-gun candidate signed up to run, was unopposed and got in for free. I have the list of current openings that we are looking to fill. Please PM me. Just think NES could have several seats filled if we work at this.

In NH, "Politics is NOT a spectator sport". You need to be involved unless you want NH to look like MA in 5 years.

If you cannot run, but you can help with a donation to Packing NH (http://packingnh.net/packing/) or contact me.

-design

Do you have to live there to run? I plan the NH move at some point but not in the close future, but I would be willing to put some time in to prevent it from turning into MA

The requirement is being a resident for two years. The other thing you can do is talk to your friends who have flexible working hours., (real estate agents, attorneys, building contractors, stay-at-home moms, etc.) and have them run

As of tonight, I am aware of 281 people running for the house. (I have no idea what the dems are doing, but they have likely filled the other districts. In general (Not always as there are some dems that support the firearms groups) we will have a weak majority unless more people file and run for office.

Assuming we lost 30 seats in the process, the house will be 250 to 150 and it will be hard to pass bills that are important to us.
Filling period closes next Friday.

-design

I'd love to run, but I think there's a real risk of me winning. [smile]

In all seriousness, I'd love to do it but I have no idea how I could maintain a roof over my head and food on the table since I couldn't effectively work on Wednesdays.

How do working professionals typically balance this? Flexible work schedules?

I'd love to run, but I think there's a real risk of me winning. [smile]

In all seriousness, I'd love to do it but I have no idea how I could maintain a roof over my head and food on the table since I couldn't effectively work on Wednesdays.

How do working professionals typically balance this? Flexible work schedules?

Yes. Work it out with your employer. My employer said go for it and we will figure out your schedule if you win.

I will likely work longer days to compensate for wednesdays off half the year. I will also take vacation days for the 3 or 4 thursdays that the legislature meets in order to meet deadlines. Those days typically see the house barely meet a quorum.

Back
Top Bottom